Sign in to follow this  
Jaydee

Peterson

Any news on his hearing?

I havent seen any news yet, but it is interesting that he now has point projections on Yahoo fantasy, and he didnt as of yesterday.

I havent seen any news yet, but it is interesting that he now has point projections on Yahoo fantasy, and he didnt as of yesterday.

A lot of thought goes into robo projections

• PFT is saying that there will be a ruling on Wed. I'd imagine this is a slam dunk for AP. Now the NFL could choose to suspend him, though I think that one would immediately go to arbitration as well. I think the NFL is between a rock and a hard place here. About all they can really do is fine AP and credit him for missed games, by their own policy.

Since they called for an illegitimate hearing in order to accomplish go knows what, the nfl is screwed.

Vike homers. What is the deal with this independent arbitrator ruling on this? I hadn't heard anything about this occurring until today. Last thing being reported was Peterson missing a hearing Monday and today this.

Google adrian peterson's son. one of the first entries are pictures I hope he never plays again. He's an animal that deserves to be in jail. If i did that to your kid that's where I'd be. Anyone doing that is sick and he's a millionaire. I got spanked as a kid but NOTHING like that, and ive never hit my kids

• Like 1

Google adrian peterson's son. one of the first entries are pictures I hope he never plays again. He's an animal that deserves to be in jail. If i did that to your kid that's where I'd be. Anyone doing that is sick and he's a millionaire. I got spanked as a kid but NOTHING like that, and ive never hit my kids

- and another son he 'allegedly' gave a black eye to, during a "whuppin" in a car

- and another son beaten to death just over a year ago, by the mother's boyfriend.

the real victims here are those poor kids ... what kind of hell is that for such young people to experience?

excerpt from Bleacher Report:

Peterson denied any wrongdoing, the series of text messages KHOU-TV made public are troubling.

Mother: "What happened to his head?"

Peterson: "Hit his head on the Carseat."

Mother: "How does that happen, he got a whoopin in the car"

Peterson: "Yep"

Mother: "Why?"

Peterson: "I felt so bad. But he did it his self."

Mother: "What did you hit him with?"

Peterson: "Be still n take ya whooping, he would have saved the scare [scar]. He's aight."

Interesting how Peterson wanted his son to take a whoopin' like a man but he hid behind the union.

This goes back to a central point. Remember the real victim. It's not the wealthy athlete, his flank protected by a union.

It's a four-year-old kid.

Mike Freeman covers the NFL for Bleacher Report.

full article here, if you so desire: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2269508-adrian-peterson-isnt-the-victim-his-son-is#articles/2269508-adrian-peterson-isnt-the-victim-his-son-is

• PFT is saying that there will be a ruling on Wed. I'd imagine this is a slam dunk for AP. Now the NFL could choose to suspend him, though I think that one would immediately go to arbitration as well. I think the NFL is between a rock and a hard place here. About all they can really do is fine AP and credit him for missed games, by their own policy.

But if they impose a suspension... Those would be games w/o a paycheck. So either AP would be suspended for x amount of games going forward or they would have to agree to credit him for missed games already and AP would have to return his pay for those games if that's even legal.

I assume they will take him off the exempt list and suspend him for a certain amount of games going forward under the conduct policy.

Yep. Done for the season. This will costs the NFL a bunch of money and Goodell his job. If I was the Vikings I would strike for the rest of the season. Look for the players Union to get really nasty with the league. Ap should have never agreed to be put on that commissioners list. Next time all will refuse the list and we will end up with a murderer playing in the NFL while he awaits trial.

Yep. Done for the season. This will costs the NFL a bunch of money and Goodell his job. If I was the Vikings I would strike for the rest of the season. Look for the players Union to get really nasty with the league. Ap should have never agreed to be put on that commissioners list. Next time all will refuse the list and we will end up with a murderer playing in the NFL while he awaits trial.

Really 1 criminal player will cost NFL money? Give it a break. They are just like any other widget in a company, no longer useful, throw it away.

Really 1 criminal player will cost NFL money? Give it a break. They are just like any other widget in a company, no longer useful, throw it away.

He is not a fricking criminal. He punished his kid too severely in the fashion that he was punished as a kid. No way he ever does that again. 8 games and the public eye is plenty of punishment for this case.

He is not a fricking criminal. He punished his kid too severely in the fashion that he was punished as a kid. No way he ever does that again. 8 games and the public eye is plenty of punishment for this case.

He became a criminal when he plead no contest to the charge. The fact that it was only a misdemeanor is an indictment on our Justice system and/or the local prosecution.

Your dismissive attitude towards the sick abuse of a child merely because this guy is a good athlete or that he incurred this as a child is a condemnation of our society as well.

• Like 1

He became a criminal when he plead no contest to the charge. The fact that it was only a misdemeanor is an indictment on our Justice system and/or the local prosecution.

Your dismissive attitude towards the sick abuse of a child merely because this guy is a good athlete or that he incurred this as a child is a condemnation of our society as well.

Sounds to me like you're a spoiled brat as a child or a lawyer.

Sounds to me like you're a spoiled brat as a child or a lawyer.

Neither.

I grew up in foster care taken away from abusive parents and I chose to break that cycle of abuse. Thanks for playing. :doh:

Sounds to me like you're a little .

Neither.

I grew up in foster care taken away from abusive parents and I chose to break that cycle of abuse. Thanks for playing. :doh:

Someone needs a reality check.

Exempt list was good for him - at least he got paid. he wasn't going to see the field.

I couldn't agree with you more...

At first, I sympathized with Peterson that he would be judged by a culture very different from the one he grew up in. But with the severity of the beating and leaves in the mouth, it's clear to me that Peterson has some issues to address.

• Like 1