Sign in to follow this  
Reality

Manning Injury

Broncos QB Peyton Manning played Sundays Divisional Playoff loss and the past month of the season with a torn right quad, per two sources.

Per Schefty

Old guy on the basketball court complaining about his back after he loses? Sounds about right.

Peyton Manning initially tore his right quad Dec. 14 in win over Chargers, per sources. MRI back in Denver confirmed tear.

Per Schefty

Isn't this a fine for not disclosing an injury, and major issue for the NFL? The NFL goes after Beastmode for not talking during interviews. Isn't this going to cost Denver draft picks of something?

Isn't this a fine for not disclosing an injury, and major issue for the NFL? The NFL goes after Beastmode for not talking during interviews. Isn't this going to cost Denver draft picks of something?

:thumbsup:

I was curious about that as well.

Broncos QB Peyton Manning played Sundays Divisional Playoff loss and the past month of the season with a torn right quad, per two sources.

Per Schefty

To bad . It's another excuse after the season has ended . Where was that news before this game ?

Manning had been listed on each of Denver's injury reports following the Dec. 14 game as having an injured thigh. Listing the severity on the report is not required.

Yeah I think Worms is right. Back in 2009 the NY Jets and Eric Mangini was fined 125k for failing to place Brett Favre on the team injury report.

Peyton Manning was on the injury report following the week 15 game vs the Chargers with a thigh injury.

Well this would certainly explain Peyton going from uberstud to ineffective old schmuck seemingly overnight.

Then again the 'source' may be Manning's agent's way of blowing smoke to ward off the "washed up Peyton" talk. I don't know how to judge the legitimacy of this excuse since my BS detector is giving me an inconclusive reading.

How much of the last game did he really need to play? It was the raiders. They needed the bye to rest him so much they made him go out and play the raiders. Now he's got an even longer bye as in see you in canton.

He needs like 2,000 yards to be the all time yardage leader.

He's not retiring. He'll be back next year.

Well this would certainly explain Peyton going from uberstud to ineffective old schmuck seemingly overnight.

Then again the 'source' may be Manning's agent's way of blowing smoke to ward off the "washed up Peyton" talk. I don't know how to judge the legitimacy of this excuse since my BS detector is giving me an inconclusive reading.

He supposedly suffered this injury on 12/14 but was ineffective going back to November

i know he doesn't want to go out this way, but he's gonna have to take a hard look in the mirror this offseason

He needs like 2,000 yards to be the all time yardage leader.

He's not retiring. He'll be back next year.

Likely true, would not be shocked to see him go for one more, then retire, he is still able to carry a team, like no other QB ever could....

Likely true, would not be shocked to see him go for one more, then retire, he is still able to carry a team, like no other QB ever could in the regular season....

:banana:

Hm. I expected an injury to be announced, but I thought it was going to be nerve damage. I still think they're not fully disclosing what happened.

Likely true, would not be shocked to see him go for one more, then retire, he is still able to carry a team, like no other QB ever could....

Like no other QB ever could? There were seven other QBs who got their team just as far this year. Four of them are going further this year. :doh: