Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

UPDATE: Lions Release Reggie Bush - Signs with 49ers

Link

Lions are trying clear as much cap room as they can to sign Suh, although I'm not sure they can do it.

Bush is going to find a home somewhere but it won't be as a No.1 running back. The Colts might not be a bad place for him to land...

NE would be an interesting possibility, if they decide not to pony up for Vereen.

Considering how sparingly vereen was used, they are not paying the most for vereen unless no other teams think he can be an asset. I also doubt belichik wants to deal with an injury prone bush. Cant help the team if he can get on the field.

I can see him with Zona

not that i'd think this would really happen, but bush played for linehan, who is now coaching for a team with possible need for RB...

NE would be an interesting possibility, if they decide not to pony up for Vereen.

And he could be sure to never fumble again.....

Carolina would be a great spot for him… He would be the 3rd down/passing back and fill in for J-Stew when he gets hurt. Bush is good for locker room, will be got on the cheap & would be a great weapon in passing game for Cam.

& i'm not even a CAR fan

• Like 1

And he could be sure to never fumble again.....

Maybe they won't sign him precisely because he does fumble a lot? :shocking:

Jets if they don't get Spiller would be nice. ATL in a timeshare w Freeman maybe? WAS as a Helu replacement?

Bell should get a corresponding uptick in the rankings. Think he's in for a real nice year.

Bell should get a corresponding uptick in the rankings. Think he's in for a real nice year.

I thought that last year. And was wrong.

bush to niners

49ers signed RB Reggie Bush, formerly of the Lions.

The terms of the agreement are still unknown. After leaving the Patriots without even receiving an offer on Friday, the 49ers were Bush's most logical landing spot. Bush appeared on the decline last season, but he will still be a nice upgrade over Kendall Hunter as the passing down complement to featured back Carlos Hyde. Bush's signing leaves Pierre Thomas as the best third-down back left on the market.

per rotoworld

Solid, very nice compliment to Hyde. I'm sure Marshall will be by to tell us how this is the dumbest move of the offseason.

There goes Hyde's fantasy value. In fact, I think I am avoiding all of SF in fantasy this year.

There goes Hyde's fantasy value. In fact, I think I am avoiding all of SF in fantasy this year.

I dont expect bush to be healthy all year.

I dont expect bush to be healthy all year.

I don't either, but it is hard to predict Hyde's usage now. It is better to stay away because you know someone is going to go on Hyde too early.

Solid, very nice compliment to Hyde. I'm sure Marshall will be by to tell us how this is the dumbest move of the offseason.

Why would I do that?

He ain't Blaine Gabbert. : p

Bush is a very good move for the Niners . Hyde is still not a top ten RB with or with out Bush on the same team. But with Bush and as long as he can stay healthy Hyde value drops even more

The 9ers needed a pass-catching 3rd down back and they have one. After years of not utilizing Gore's pass-catching skills however, they will actually have to practice the screen if they want to run it. Bush can also line up in the slot and add to their return game. Playing games on grass and limiting his touches might keep his knees healthier over the course of the season.

Looking at Detroit, this could really be a big bump for one Theodore Riddick.