Sign in to follow this  
petekrum

UPDATE: If Cobb moves... - Cobb Re-Signs with Packers

He'd get a bump, but I see Adams as more of a Jordy Nelson type. Abbrederis is the smaller quick smooth running route guy who'd see the larger bump imo. So Adams would see a bump in targets but would not vault up the ranks ala Nuk last year.

...how far do you move Davante Adams up in your WR rankings?

Depends on what the Packers do if Cobb leaves . If Adams becomes number two Wr then there is no question he moves up why would he not ?. But still need to see what other moves the Packers make if Cobb does leave

He'd get a bump, but I see Adams as more of a Jordy Nelson type. Abbrederis is the smaller quick smooth running route guy who'd see the larger bump imo. So Adams would see a bump in targets but would not vault up the ranks ala Nuk last year.

The Packers try to make sure every WR who is capable can play at every spot. Adams is very capable of playing the slot and I believe he will do so a lot, check the tape below if you're a skeptic. They will however draft another WR this year if/when Cobb moves so what type of WR may change the medium term outlook.

Anyone else like Cobb more than Jordy? I'm surprised the Packers are letting this happen.

Thats if Abb comes back strong...at this point he is behind with the injury and not having a year under his belt. While Adams is more of an outside guy...he can have a nice role with Jordy getting a ton of attention from defenses (like James Jones did).

Janis could be in the picture as well...or a new rookie or cheaper vet.

Also could see more work for a guy like Richard Rodgers from the TE spot.

I think Adams easily gets the bigger bump here and would make a decent WR 3...with upside.

Anyone else like Cobb more than Jordy? I'm surprised the Packers are letting this happen.

They have tried to keep them...tried to resign him last year and he and his agent took the gamble to make more and paid off.

Jordy accepted what they were offering.

I think they are way different.

Jordy more of the true outside #1 type WR...Cobb the versatile guy and mostly slot guy.

I like Jordy more if Cobb goes to Jax or Oakland. :)

They have tried to keep them...tried to resign him last year and he and his agent took the gamble to make more and paid off.

Jordy accepted what they were offering.

I think they are way different.

Jordy more of the true outside #1 type WR...Cobb the versatile guy and mostly slot guy.

I like Jordy more if Cobb goes to Jax or Oakland. :)

I like Cobb more if he goes to Minny. :D

I like Cobb more if he goes to Minny. :D

Yeah...just like Jennings. :)

And watch Cobb's value die.

Yeah...just like Jennings. :)

And watch Cobb's value die.

Cobb is definitely not going to be a top tier receiver in minn, but i would like the combo of bridgewater, johnson, and cobb for overall fantasy purposes.

Cobb leaves GB and his value drops IMO. Happens to a lot of people. Greg Jennings was the #1 and look what happened when he went to Minn.

Thats if Abb comes back strong...at this point he is behind with the injury and not having a year under his belt. While Adams is more of an outside guy...he can have a nice role with Jordy getting a ton of attention from defenses (like James Jones did).

Janis could be in the picture as well...or a new rookie or cheaper vet.

Also could see more work for a guy like Richard Rodgers from the TE spot.

I think Adams easily gets the bigger bump here and would make a decent WR 3...with upside.

I understand where the logic comes from in the statement but I disagree, at least as of last year.

Our minds automatically go to Wes Welker, etc when thinking about the prototypical slot guy. In truth there are 2 prototypes.

One is the short area quick guys who tend to be smaller in stature, the "Slot machines". The other is the taller mis-match down the seam types.

Marcus Colston, Jordan Mathews and the move TE guys. The bigger guys are ball snatchers, good in traffic and a mismatch for the slot corners and LBs alike. The Packers have regularly rotated WRs into the slot in any case, and some of Jordy's biggest plays over the years have come from that position even though we don't think of him as a slot WR.

At this point in his career I think Adams is more of the big slot prototype than an outside guy. Coming out of college his primary deficiency was the inability to get off the jam at the line. Throughout 2014 it remained his achilles heal and its why you saw him disappear in some games, and be targeted in others.

Perhaps, and hopefully, he will make great strides in this area during the off-season and it won't be an issue, but if he doesn't, I honestly think he will play in the slot quite a lot in 2015. The jam is much more difficult from the slot, he will be a big mismatch for most slot corners and LBs. I also think his best shot at big FF production will be if he ends up there regularly. I doubt the Packers currently have a plan that they intend to stick to no matter what, such as trying to replace Cobb with a similar version, they will get their best group on the field regardless.

I do think the Packers take a WR pretty high in the draft, maybe 2nd round again so the type of guy they take could definitely be a factor inn how the snaps play out over the course of the year.

I think Jordy goes in and out of the slit before Adams...he did in 2013 when Cobb was hurt and did well from the inside too.

I think Jordy goes in and out of the slit before Adams...he did in 2013 when Cobb was hurt and did well from the inside too.

Butt cobb is probably better equipped for the slit...

Butt cobb is probably better equipped for the slit...

This likely requires a poll of women ages 16 -29 living in major cities that have an NFL franchises to decisively determine.

• Like 1

I actually would give Jeff Janis a good bump. I personally think that kid can be productive.

Cobb is coming to Oakland, where he'll play flanker opposite of Kevin White or Amari Cooper. On passing downs he'll move inside to the slot, and James Jones will move to Y receiver.

Obviously it's a black hole, no pun intended, but he'll be fantasy relevant,

So the conclusion of the Cobb discussion is bump D Carr?

If the Raiders get Cooper and Cobb, Carr will be a borderline QB1.

So reports are the Pack is willing to offer Cobb 5 years, $8 to $9m a year - and that's not enough? :shocking:

i think he wants 12m and the raiders will pay him that

And that's exactly why the Raiders are the Raiders - morons.

i'm excited to see who the eagles and cowboys sign for rb

Ha, me too!

It doesn't mean anything agreed, but Murray has been spending time with Romo and Garrett of late. You have to know the subject of resigning was in the air - and would seem odd if Murray has his mind dead set on bolting if he's making appearances with the powers that be on his own dime... Romo is scheduled to count $27m against the cap this year - that's ridiculous. Maybe he will take a page from T. Smith's book (and locally D. Nowitzki) and rework his deal to keep Murray here. I've actually grown to be about 55/45 that a deal will be worked out and #29 stays.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2015/03/tony-romo-jason-garrett-demarco-murray-jason-witten-visit-coach-k-duke-hoops-team.html/

I still am not crazy about it, but maybe something like 4 years, $20m guaranteed. Cuz in reality it's really only about the guaranteed money that matters... And like it or not - Romo only has about 2 years left and Jerry is as close as he's been to making a serious run since '95.

So reports are the Pack is willing to offer Cobb 5 years, $8 to $9m a year - and that's not enough? :shocking:

Yeah...seems like his agent came back and said 10 mil per year and they said no.

Yeah...seems like his agent came back and said 10 mil per year and they said no.

Maybe Cobb is of the opinion he made Aaron Rodgers, not the other way around.... 5'10" wr turning down $8/9m a year on a long term deal - wow (2x).

The problem with nfl players today is it's all about the money. One club will offer them an extra 1-2 million if they come play for them and they take it. I can understand if the ball team they are playing with isn't good and doesn't have a chance at a superbowl with them opting to leave but the packers have a legit chance at a superbowl whereas the raiders no chance in hell. Sure the money is good but I'd take a ring over an extra couple million.

Ha ha ha... deserved, but don't get used to the thought. Oakland has so much cap space, $70 million once they cut Schaub, they are actually FORCED to spend money or get fined by the league. They are turning it around, but nobody outside the East Bay sees it. They'll overpay slightly this season to get back on the map, meanwhile using the draft to bulld. Eventually it will be at the point of normal NFL teams, where they build exclusively through the draft and sign FA's to augment. But for now they'll overpay some. As you can imagine, $70 mill in 2015 cap space can buy a lot. and believe me there's a sh*t ton of names being thrown around.

Suh/Terrence Knighton

Greg Hardy

Brandon Spikes

Germaine Gresham

Randall Cobb

Rodney Hudson

Orlando Franklin

Yeah, we can afford all those guys. And with the direction of our team it's not far-fetched to get them. With Manning likely gone by next year, the AFC West comes back to the pack. Cobb is only 24, and made play after play for the Pack last season down the stretch. The early word is 4-5 years at $11 million per. The plan for Cobb is to play him at Y reciever, then move him inside to the slot with James Jones coming in on passing downs. Of course either Kevin White or Amari Cooper would be the split end or X WR.

Cowboy fans are freaking at work, knowing that Chip Kelly wanting a north-south bruising runner who can block and catch has more to do with McCoy getting cut that his salary. Don't rule out DeMarco going to Philly to run behind an offensive line that is just about as good as the one in Dallas.

And Dallas is dreaming if they think they can get Ingram for less than $4-5 million a year.

And Dallas is dreaming if they think they can get Ingram for less than $4-5 million a year.

Sounds like Ingram is a strong possibility to return to NO. Payton wants him, the organization and Ingram's agent have a great relationship, just all fits.

Sounds like Ingram is a strong possibility to return to NO. Payton wants him, the organization and Ingram's agent have a great relationship, just all fits.

Except for the Saints horrific cap situation.

The problem with nfl players today is it's all about the money. One club will offer them an extra 1-2 million if they come play for them and they take it. I can understand if the ball team they are playing with isn't good and doesn't have a chance at a superbowl with them opting to leave but the packers have a legit chance at a superbowl whereas the raiders no chance in hell. Sure the money is good but I'd take a ring over an extra couple million.

I don't get it, either.... It's not even about money -- it's about short-term money. Long-term, Cobb will make far more money with the Packers than he will with Raiders or Jax. Endorsement deals and he still has one more HUGE contract coming up.

All wide receivers are fast and have great hands in the NFL. Great quarterbacks make great WRs.

Seen so many Green Bay wide receivers going from studs to immediate duds the second they leave the Pack. Lose their endorsement deals, get cut from the new teams, and just completely ruin their legacy for what really is insignificant short-term money...

Javon Walker

Antonio Freeman

Billy Schroeder (Did have back-to-back-to-back 1,000 yard seasons.... stud might be a little stretch :doublethumbsup: )

Greg Jennings

James Jones

Packers won't overpay. Hopefully, Cobb is having regular conversations with his old buddies Jennings and Jones on what it's like busting up your body to play for crappy teams, being fantasy football irrelevant, and losing your endorsements. And, in Jennings case, worrying about being cut! :doh:

Somebody in Cobb's camp - agent, mom, friends, woman, parking lot attendant, whatever - convinced him he's an integral piece to GB's offense that can't be replaced... Newsflash - you're good, but you're a pimple on the ass of things in the big picture. Aaron Rodgers can make a practice squad wr look like the 2nd coming of R. Cobb. T. Brady does it ever year in NE, Rodgers can do it there. And stop acting like GB disrespected you with a $2m a year offer - they prolly over-valued their offer if anything.

Somebody in Cobb's camp - agent, mom, friends, woman, parking lot attendant, whatever - convinced him he's an integral piece to GB's offense that can't be replaced... Newsflash - you're good, but you're a pimple on the ass of things in the big picture. Aaron Rodgers can make a practice squad wr look like the 2nd coming of R. Cobb. T. Brady does it ever year in NE, Rodgers can do it there. And stop acting like GB disrespected you with a $2m a year offer - they prolly over-valued their offer if anything.

:thumbsup:

I always get the sense that Cobb is a completely different person than Jennings.... just a better all-around dude with his feet on the ground. And I don't know how Cobb can't see how dramatically Jennings became a nobody when he left GB.

But Cobb's agent is a pretty hardcore dude... I can see him blowing smoke up Cobb's asss.

Without Cobb, guys will step up like they always do.... the offense will diversify....

I would trade Cobb straight up for a stud ILB right now if somebody made the offer :thumbsup:

Not holding my breath....

Cobb probably just looked around and saw Harvin making 10.5 million and figured how can he except less.

I think Adams earned a draft bump the way he performed at the end of the year. Regardless of Cobb, I think he will get a ton of looks this year. If Cobb leaves, I think Janis will get the biggest bump. Dude has talent. I hope Cobb stays because I'd rather have Nelson, Cobb, and Adams, but Janis will fill in nicely at the #3 spot.

That said, let's see which WR stud TT picks up in the second round of the draft this year (Cobb, Nelson, and Adams were all second rounders). That seems to be Ted's sweet spot.

I think Adams earned a draft bump the way he performed at the end of the year. Regardless of Cobb, I think he will get a ton of looks this year. If Cobb leaves, I think Janis will get the biggest bump. Dude has talent. I hope Cobb stays because I'd rather have Nelson, Cobb, and Adams, but Janis will fill in nicely at the #3 spot.

Janis has insane physical abilities.....Can he make the leap? Why was he inactive last season?

Janis has insane physical abilities.....Can he make the leap? Why was he inactive last season?

He is not a great catcher and he plays soft. The dude had unreal speed and ups, but Cobb, Nelson, and Adams all run better routes and have better hands.

From what I read, he is a good dude and had good football IQ. I hope he does make the transition this year. He was a value for the Pack in the 7th round.