Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round 5-7 Commentary - July PPR **

Dan just made one of my favorite picks of the last 2 rounds or so, with Charles Johnson. Savvy selection, one I almost made instead of VJax earlier this round. Old habits die hard and new ones take risk but offer much better rewards. nice pick Dan!

Maclin was the last WR I had in that tier, so changed direction to grab one of the last starting RBs in Blount. Yes, he has the suspension and probably won't catch more than 10 passes but he makes up for it in a safe double-digit TD total.

My only concern for the Blount selection (besides playing for New England) are the words from the old Brewer & Shipley song:

" One toke over the line sweet Jesus

One toke over the line"

My only concern for the Blount selection (besides playing for New England) are the words from the old Brewer & Shipley song:

" One toke over the line sweet Jesus

One toke over the line"

...and the fact that Bill loves to toy with his backs

Jennings. Looks like a big committee with Vereen capping.

That said he still looks like the lead dog and hopefully holds the reigns early in season to help account for Bell's absense.

The run on QBs is in full force. With the top WRs and RBs gone I just can't let a QB go that I need with this run on them started. Love the combo of Brown and Ben.

• Like 1

7.08 RB Doug Martin, TBB - I'm buying the training camp reports of Martin getting back to form, and running like he did as a rookie. I don't think he'll repeat those numbers but believe he's the clear cut RB1 on Tampa. I think 1150 yds and 7-8 TDs. Due to the overall TBB play he'll have is bad games but he'll have more good games, perfect for BB format at my RB4.

7.08 RB Doug Martin, TBB - I'm buying the training camp reports of Martin getting back to form, and running like he did as a rookie. I don't think he'll repeat those numbers but believe he's the clear cut RB1 on Tampa. I think 1150 yds and 7-8 TDs. Due to the overall TBB play he'll have is bad games but he'll have more good games, perfect for BB format at my RB4.

Why has he looked so mediocre, but now all of a sudden he is back to rookie form? Back to rookie form is a lot of ok output with 2 huge games against horrible defense. Dont get me wrong, i am ok with where you took him. One of the best upside backs left, but i just dont really get how now all of a sudden he is going to be good.

The run on QBs is in full force. With the top WRs and RBs gone I just can't let a QB go that I need with this run on them started. Love the combo of Brown and Ben.

Saw it coming, always be at the lead of a run ;)

• Like 1

I got the QB I wanted so I'm very happy. Sounds so weird saying that since I can't stand the man but he's a good fantasy football player.

SURPRISE-E-E-E :P

It came down to Russell and Manning at 6.4 and, much to my surprise, the latter was still there with my next pick. Quite frankly, I've never seen Manning go this low in any draft and this is the right selection to make whether or not I already had two QBs on my roster in part because it doesn't allow any of three teams behind me - all of whom do not have a QB yet - to take advantage of a player that should have been off the board at least a round ago. The difference in value that exists between Manning and everybody else on the board is very wide and the same RB/WR choices that led me in Wilson's direction in the last round is what I'm looking at now as well. Doug Martin would have been a strong consideration here, but I still think Manning would have been the pick. It's not a selection I wanted to make or planned on making, but it makes even more sense to do it in a BB format.

SURPRISE-E-E-E :P

It came down to Russell and Manning at 6.4 and, much to my surprise, the latter was still there with my next pick. Quite frankly, I've never seen Manning go this low in any draft and this is the right selection to make whether or not I already had two QBs on my roster in part because it doesn't allow any of three teams behind me - all of whom do not have a QB yet - to take advantage of a player that should have been off the board at least a round ago. The difference in value that exists between Manning and everybody else on the board is very wide and the same RB/WR choices that led me in Wilson's direction in the last round is what I'm looking at now as well. Doug Martin would have been a strong consideration here, but I still think Manning would have been the pick.

Great Great Great pick here Guru!! I would have done the same thing you did. Best value of the draft so far IMO.

Need a Round 8 Selection thread Mods.

......and a Comment thread for Rounds 8-11 while you are at it Jeff!

There was a glimmer of hope that manning would slide one more pick but noooooooo you had to take him!!!

Thanks guru

Why has he looked so mediocre, but now all of a sudden he is back to rookie form? Back to rookie form is a lot of ok output with 2 huge games against horrible defense. Dont get me wrong, i am ok with where you took him. One of the best upside backs left, but i just dont really get how now all of a sudden he is going to be good.

He's in a contract year, came into camp in shape and has lost ~10 lbs. Those are small signs of a motivated player to me. Also, the new OC likes him too. And TB as a whole has been bad the last few seasons. His rookie year they okay at 7-9. Tough to get a RB going when you're always playing from behind and relying on sub-par QBs to bring you back.

And I think Winston brings some life to TB. I think there will be more room to run since he can get VJax and Evans the ball.

Dez going to sign a new contract! My dynasty team with Dez is very grateful. I now have a decent shot at being a playoff contender in that league. Would have been a little concerned if he didnt sign.

There was a glimmer of hope that manning would slide one more pick but noooooooo you had to take him!!!

Thanks guru

Remember that Stephen Covey book title "How to Win Friends and Influence People". I'm more interested in the latter than the former here :lol:

You snagged Abdullah when I thought he had a chance to make it back around to me, although I'm not sure RB3 robbery equals QB1 robbery. Maybe I should have taken Abdullah at 5.9, hoped for Robinson at 6.4 and let Manning fall into my lap at 7.9? Easy to say that now, but I didn't think there was any chance Manning was going to make it back around to me.

That would be he Dale Carnegie book just to get this conversation correct..

Either way was one of the best values this whole draft

That would be he Dale Carnegie book just to get this conversation correct..

Either way was one of the best values this whole draft

Was it Carnegie? I was so sure that it was Covey that I didn't bother to look...LOL

We can agree on Manning's value in this draft, however. :P