Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

I know this is crazy...but is it THAT crazy?

So I have the 1 pick in a 12 team standard.

Done a few mocks taking Gronk number one and team has ended up pretty good. I probably won't actually do it, but with IMO a down year coming from graham, gronk is now really head and shoulders above other TEs.

Use rounds 2 and 3 back to back picks on say Melvin Gordon, Alfred Morris type backs....round 4/5 on WRs.

My concern taking AP or Charles is that in round 2/3 if I take WRs they are usually Ty Hilton and Randall Cobb who don't excite me, or feel they are that much better than guys a round later.

Or do i just say eff it and take AP and scoop up a mediocre TE later?

Take AP if that's who you think makes sense at RB.

I still have huge concerns Gronk stays healthy.

I would take Graham at 3.01 if you felt he would fall that far. Gronk is arguably the MVP of the league with Luck and whoever you have at the top of your rb and wr rankings. Its not insane at all, but i am not doing it if i have the first pick. And i am a guy who drafted graham in the 1st back to back years.

Take Luck (and grab O. Daniels late), and then thank me later.

Take Luck (and grab O. Daniels late), and then thank me later.

My general game plan as of now is to take AP"..at the turn if Gronk, Rodgers, or Luck or there I take them. If not...I should be able to land two really good WRs and go from there.

Just did a mock taking gronk. Ended up with Morris, and Gordon as backs, Vjax, Fitzgerald, and roddy as Wrs and matt Ryan at QB.

Not horrid, but doubt I can win with that group.

My general game plan as of now is to take AP"..at the turn if Gronk, Rodgers, or Luck or there I take them. If not...I should be able to land two really good WRs and go from there.

Just did a mock taking gronk. Ended up with Morris, and Gordon as backs, Vjax, Fitzgerald, and roddy as Wrs and matt Ryan at QB.

Not horrid, but doubt I can win with that group.

Oh jeez... that team is horrid imo.

Maybe he was mock drafting in 2010?

Ha oh I agree...but just a start of AP, Cobb and Ty Hilton just didn't give me much of a boner

Ha oh I agree...but just a start of AP, Cobb and Ty Hilton just didn't give me much of a boner

It makes me less soft than the first one. If you can go AP, Cobb, Graham

It makes me less soft than the first one. If you can go AP, Cobb, Graham

Guessing graham will be there.....how concerned are you guys with a drop off from him in Seattle?

Guessing graham will be there.....how concerned are you guys with a drop off from him in Seattle?

Its definitely possible there is a significant drop off. He is so good though, and seattle had to trade a great center for him, plus use up a nice chunk of their cap. I think they use him a lot.

So I have the 1 pick in a 12 team standard.

Done a few mocks taking Gronk number one and team has ended up pretty good. I probably won't actually do it, but with IMO a down year coming from graham, gronk is now really head and shoulders above other TEs.

Use rounds 2 and 3 back to back picks on say Melvin Gordon, Alfred Morris type backs....round 4/5 on WRs.

My concern taking AP or Charles is that in round 2/3 if I take WRs they are usually Ty Hilton and Randall Cobb who don't excite me, or feel they are that much better than guys a round later.

Or do i just say eff it and take AP and scoop up a mediocre TE later?

No way am I going te in the first round . So it's AP .

I honestly don't think it's that crazy. I can easily see him being the mvp in TE req leagues. There's some risk those first 4 games w/o Brady and there's injury risk. Still, he won't be there when it comes back to you and if you think he'll make a bigger difference then pull the trigger.

Really depends on the flow of the draft.

A good draft strategy is one where you are flexible. The folks that struggle are the ones that don't know what to do when there's a curve ball (RB or WR run).

I honestly don't think it's that crazy. I can easily see him being the mvp in TE req leagues. There's some risk those first 4 games w/o Brady and there's injury risk. Still, he won't be there when it comes back to you and if you think he'll make a bigger difference then pull the trigger.

Yes, it is crazy. Why draft him number 1 when the 1st 4 weeks of the season he will likely be mediocre at best due to Brady's suspension? 25% of his season he will likely underperform and that will be about 30% of your fantasy season. Add in the bye week and >1/3 of the season he is questionable at best. If you really want a consistent WR, I would draft Antonio Brown and you'll be much better off on a week to week basis (pending an unexpected injury, which you have no matter who you draft). Ultimately though, I would draft the RB that you feel will perform the best that won't be there in round 2. JMO.

it was fun to draft Gronk with a really low pick last year due to all the injury concerns and watch him light up the league.

But to use a Top 6 pick on him this year? Not so much fun, and if he gets hurt you're really hosed.