Sign in to follow this  
rallo

Deep draft WRs

Who are you guys looking at here?

A few that i've been keeping my eye on, for a late round pluck

Cecil Shorts III Hou

He's missed a few games in each of his last 3 seasons, and found himself the odd-man-out in the Jags 'revamped' WR corp. He lands with the Texans where i think he can return to 2012 form if he stays healthy. In his first preseason game he caught a 57yard TD on an underneath route where he basically ran by everyone. With little TE presense over the middle and Hopkins commanding respect on the outside, i think he could bump his receptions back up to 65 and his YPC up to 13. If he can keep his spot from the rookie and stay healthy he could be a nice surprise as he's either going undrafted or in the late rounds (fftoday bumped him up to late 14th.)

65rec 815yards 5TDs

Others to watch

Reuben Randle

MIchael Crabtree

Kenny Stills

If Quick with the Rams can stay healthy I like him late .

- one of Hankerson or Hardy to have very nice value in Atlanta ... I think Ryan is in for top 3 year, and Julio, great as he is, can't catch 'em all. meh on Roddy, look for one of the other 2 in the late Foosball drafts, or (most likely) on yer ww scrap heap -

- Brian Hartline, he of the worst wr group in the league (though Carolina just pulled even) ... had some nice ppr seasons in Miami, and actually WANTED to go to Cleveland ... wtffff? -

- Harry Douglas ... why do I get the feeling a heads up kid like Mariota is gonna love this vet? because he WILL -

Yes I forgot about Stevie Johnson I like that pick . Especially with Gates missing the first four games .

As a very late round pick, I like Crabtree, too. I think Carr is on his way to being a solid QB, maybe not an all-time great but a consistent 4k+ yard, 20+ TD performer.

How about J Brown of the Cards .

As a bunch of you guys have already mentioned... Wheaton could be a huge return on investment... not sure if anyone has a higher ceiling than this guys... definitely a lottery ticket that could cash hard if bryant is ineffective of he or brown miss time.

- not for nuttin', but...

John Brown and Edfie Royal both went in 7th rd of fftoday staff draft, that's hardly DEEP ... matter of fact, it kills all sleeper value they had.

- Stevie Johnson is also screaming up draft boards, saw him go in 9th rd this morning

- now, this Coleman kid seems interesting ... and more in line with the gist of what this thread should be, imo

- not for nuttin', but...

John Brown and Edfie Royal both went in 7th rd of fftoday staff draft, that's hardly DEEP ... matter of fact, it kills all sleeper value they had.

- Stevie Johnson is also screaming up draft boards, saw him go in 9th rd this morning

- now, this Coleman kid seems interesting ... and more in line with the gist of what this thread should be, imo

the john brown hype is real.... i'm not buying into it though.... something screams 600 yds 4TDs... don't know why. I see a little bit of a 'last hurra' for fitzy and questionable carson palmer health

As a bunch of you guys have already mentioned... Wheaton could be a huge return on investment... not sure if anyone has a higher ceiling than this guys... definitely a lottery ticket that could cash hard if bryant is ineffective of he or brown miss time.

As a Steelers fan that watches just about every game, I haven't seen anything out of Wheaton that would warrant a high upside. He's not a deep threat and he has had trouble catching the ball. He showed some improvement last year, but I don't think he'll ever put up WR1 numbers and he'll be lucky to ever put up low end WR2 numbers from what I have seen. I hope he proves me wrong.

As a Steelers fan that watches just about every game, I haven't seen anything out of Wheaton that would warrant a high upside. He's not a deep threat and he has had trouble catching the ball. He showed some improvement last year, but I don't think he'll ever put up WR1 numbers and he'll be lucky to ever put up low end WR2 numbers from what I have seen. I hope he proves me wrong.

do you feel that he wouldn't capitalize if there was an injury... meaning do you think they would platoon the WR2 slot if one of the other guys went down (ie wheaton wouldn't step up)?

In PPR, I think these guys will all hover around 100 points for the year, a little over 6 points a game

Rod Streater

Dorial Green Beckham

Nate Washington

Andrew Hawkins

Cody Latimer (he went 12.12 in a 12 teamer I'm doing now)

Riley Cooper

Will now Funchess must be on the lost he should get a lot of targets . Now I don't know his adp because I don't look at others rankings but I think V Jackson is going to have a stronger season this year . Keep reading that he is playing slot wr and with a rookie qb that could pay off with more targets .

Will now Funchess must be on the lost he should get a lot of targets . Now I don't know his adp because I don't look at others rankings but I think V Jackson is going to have a stronger season this year . Keep reading that he is playing slot wr and with a rookie qb that could pay off with more targets .

I agree on Vjax, although... slot WR with a rookie QB that throws high is begging for an injury.

You do realize the i and e are nowhere near each other on a keyboard, right? Im not sure why you purposely spell words wrong. Its odd.

• Like 1

do you feel that he wouldn't capitalize if there was an injury... meaning do you think they would platoon the WR2 slot if one of the other guys went down (ie wheaton wouldn't step up)?

I remember 1 game last year (I don't remember which game it was) Antonio Brown was out for a series or two having an injury looked at and the passing offense looked terrible with Wheaton and Bryant as the only WRs. The defense shut the offense down completely, 3 and out. To answer your question, from what I've seen, Wheaton would move up and get more looks, but I haven't seen anything out of him that makes me think he can be consistently relied upon or that he will consistently put up big numbers as a possession receiver. He might improve tremendously this year, but I think he has a long way to go. He is no Hines Ward and certainly not the second coming of Antonio Brown. JMO.

Long story short, there's plenty of other receivers out there that I would rather take a chance on for FF than Wheaton right now.

Davante Adams: James Jones had huge numbers as the #3 in GB not that far back. An injury to Jordy or Cobb and this guy will blow up.

Michael Floyd: Dropping like a fly with the bad year last season, the injury and every on board the John Brown train. But the guy has all the tools and really connected with Palmer when they were both on the field. You can get him very late right now.

Eddie Royal: For all the reasons that have already been mentioned, I think Cutler targets him a ton.

Brian Quick: Beasted before he went down with the injury early.

Cody Latimer: Something tells me he might break out this season out of nowhere.