Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Preseason Week 2 Discussion

I think Jordy just ruptured his ACL.

I got a pick coming up in the third round of a rookie/FA camp. You guys are talking up with Cobb and up with Davonte, well they were already there. I'm looking hard at Janis, he's supposed to be the Jordy backup but he's had a terrible camp. They got this kid Ty Montgomery too. Any Packer homers want to weigh in on this in case Ajayi doesn't survive four more spots.

Looks like the Hip not the ACL. Bet on J. Ajayi having a redshirt year. He needs to do a ton in really short time to supplant D. Williams. All reports say he's dancing in the backfield.

Drafted D. Adams last night in the 11th I believe.

I also missed Jordy by 1 pick in the 2nd. Fantasy football is a fickle lover.

I picked him up in the 9th yesterday as the highest upside player imo.

I picked him up in the 9th yesterday as the highest upside player imo.

you oughtta play the lottery today, just sayin'

Is Devante next up or is he still in for the same role? Doesn't GB do their WR depth a little differently because their roles are a little more specific?

Is Devante next up or is he still in for the same role? Doesn't GB do their WR depth a little differently because their roles are a little more specific?

Cobbs role should stay the same but I can't see anyone but Adams taking over outside. There's a possibility they rework the playbook to favor TEs a bit more but that's a shot in the dark.

- Pam Oliver with some higher quality horse tail hair for this year's version of her weave

- Mariota first play under center, nice strike to Wright ... graphic then posted that he (Wright) had zero drops last year .... hmmm

- Sankey lookin spry on his first two carries

The Rams offense is not looking good. I wonder if they really will take their time with Gurley. If he is as good as AP like people believe, he can open up the offense big time. Will the Rams just keep using Mason and Cunningham who arent next level running back? Plus their run blocking isnt good. Once he is cleared to play i dont see a reason why he should be held back. Not saying that should or will run him 25 times a game, but when he is ready he is coming in to help that team win.

Marcus Mariota looked strong tonight as did Mettenberger. I like the upside of these kids.

MaMar showing deadly accuracy so far. Had a TD dropped to wide open Dex that hit him in the numbers and another 18 yd pass to K. Wright that also hit him in the numbers.

Mett with an absolute howitzer of a TD pass. The kid just needs to learn how to put a little touch on some of those passes instead of going full on Favre on every pass.

The Rams offense is not looking good. I wonder if they really will take their time with Gurley. If he is as good as AP like people believe, he can open up the offense big time. Will the Rams just keep using Mason and Cunningham who arent next level running back? Plus their run blocking isnt good. Once he is cleared to play i dont see a reason why he should be held back. Not saying that should or will run him 25 times a game, but when he is ready he is coming in to help that team win.

Honestly, if I were in charge, I'd protect the large investment this year.

Hes been lablelled the future of the franchise, why would you bring him back early and risk re injury?

I'd wait til he is ready, add a couple of weeks of good hard practice, then bring him into a game and work him up to full (hopefully by year end)

Then I'd draft some O linemen in the first 2 rounds to give him a better chance of success in the next year, and in the future.

at this point, the Rams will have a very good to excellent D, good O line and top RB, and if Foles works out their offense should be rounding into shape. If Foles doesnt work out, you may have to wait another year to draft another QB, but as a team, you would be very close to where u need to be.

I think these guys wont rush him unless they think they make the playoffs by adding him.

Honestly, if I were in charge, I'd protect the large investment this year.

Hes been lablelled the future of the franchise, why would you bring him back early and risk re injury?

I'd wait til he is ready, add a couple of weeks of good hard practice, then bring him into a game and work him up to full (hopefully by year end)

Then I'd draft some O linemen in the first 2 rounds to give him a better chance of success in the next year, and in the future.

at this point, the Rams will have a very good to excellent D, good O line and top RB, and if Foles works out their offense should be rounding into shape. If Foles doesnt work out, you may have to wait another year to draft another QB, but as a team, you would be very close to where u need to be.

I think these guys wont rush him unless they think they make the playoffs by adding him.

Im not saying rush him back. Once he is cleared though his injury risk is probably about the same whether its his first game back or 10th game back. Every year is precious to coaches, so i believe it is possible Fischer decides he has had enough watching his other rbs struggle to make room.

By "at this point" i believe he meant his hypothetical Rams improvement plan.

Aha gotcha.

The Browns are such a stupid franchise. Easy to call it after the fact, but on this one I called it before the fact. With all those picks they had in the 2014 draft, and coming off an embarassing off season where they fired the GM and then the head coach after just 1 season. They HAD to get that draft right. Additionally, there were a TON of great prospects.

I stated they should draft in first rd: WR Watkins & G Su'a Filo

in 2nd rd: Carr or Garropolo

in 3rd rd: Combo of RB West, LB Borland, WR D Adams

What we are seeing today. Watkins is no world beater, but he has more talent than anyone WR the Browns have. Carr and Garropolo are both clearly better than anyone on the Browns roster the past 2 years. They are putrid at evaluating QB talent. They drafted Bitonio who has turned out to be a beast at guard so call him interchangable with Filo. They also drafted West who has been pedestrian. Though, knowing that Josh Gordon was being suspended and not drafting a WR was inexcusable when they could have gotten D Adams who will show out now with Jordy on IR. They could have gotten Cooks, Kelvin Benjamin, anyone????

The Browns are such a stupid franchise. Easy to call it after the fact, but on this one I called it before the fact. With all those picks they had in the 2014 draft, and coming off an embarassing off season where they fired the GM and then the head coach after just 1 season. They HAD to get that draft right. Additionally, there were a TON of great prospects.

What we are seeing today. Watkins is no world beater, but he has more talent than anyone WR the Browns have. Carr and Garropolo are both clearly better than anyone on the Browns roster the past 2 years. They are putrid at evaluating QB talent. They drafted Bitonio who has turned out to be a beast at guard so call him interchangable with Filo. They also drafted West who has been pedestrian. Though, knowing that Josh Gordon was being suspended and not drafting a WR was inexcusable when they could have gotten D Adams who will show out now with Jordy on IR. They could have gotten Cooks, Kelvin Benjamin, anyone????

Been saying this for years (not on these boards) to all the Browns homers I'm surrounded by so I agree with you completely. There is something wrong with the upper levels of the organization there which results in bad management and often bad decisions. I have seen all kinds of 'would be' talent go through the Cleveland organization only to end up as garbage. It's a sad situation there.

To be fair no one would know Cooks name on the Browns. I think he is an awesome talent at receiver, but the qb situation would have sunk him at worst, made him mediocre at best.

They wouldn't know a real QB if it fell in their lap.

The past 2 years the biggest, most glaring need has been at WR largely because Josh Gordon is a drug addict. Yet, they didn't draft 1 decent prospect at the position for 2 years in a row.

Do they even have a QB coach on the staff? Seriously?

They'll screw it up and somehow stumble to 6 or 7 wins, and miss out on any viable QB prospects next year as well. They'll draft a CB with the 10th pick and he'll be just as bad as Justin Gilbert.

Been saying this for years (not on these boards) to all the Browns homers I'm surrounded by so I agree with you completely. There is something wrong with the upper levels of the organization there which results in bad management and often bad decisions. I have seen all kinds of 'would be' talent go through the Cleveland organization only to end up as garbage. It's a sad situation there.

It's actually not a bad team on defense and in the trenches. And they've made some solid draft picks. But the enigma is the Browns absolutely do not have ANY tier 1 skill players. Maybe tier 2 as well.

- Dalton/AJ/Eifert ...hello? they looked about as disinterested as possible ...Tampa D came to play, and those 3 looked like they wanted no part of it ... that pick six AJ let sail through his fingers was brutal

- Jerrruhbmeee Hill ... gotta hold on to the ball, kid. that is all.

- Winston looked better, but he's still a pos ... Evans has a hammy. wonderful.

- Sims presents zero upside ... looks like Martin is hungry.