Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Preseason Week 2 Discussion

Neither the Bills or Browns have a QB. They all suck. The Browns have a good offensive line, but it didn't show well against arguably the best front 4 in the NFL. McCown looked lost last night. I didn't see much of Johnny Drunk Ball. The Bills didn't play their best players and still looked ok against a decent defense.

The Browns haven't fixed their run defense. Either Pettine is an idiot or their talent is terrible. I am leaning toward the former. Afterall, he is the only idiot that wanted the job when they canned Coach Chud after one year.

I'm definitely not a fan of his as I've always thought he was nothing more than a cocky rich kid, but giving credit where it's rightfully due, Manziel looked very good last night. He regularly recognized blitzes and other defensive problems and checked away from them.

On one play that Gruden kept busting Manziel's chops about, saying that he missed the blitz read, Manziel actually read it perfectly. The problem was the idiot 18th string WR didn't run the hot route. Manziel saw the blitz forming pre-snap, pointed it out to the WR whose man was blitzing, and then as soon as the ball was snapped went to throw the hot slant route, except the idiot WR didn't run the right pattern. Manziel had to tuck the ball and then got blasted by the blitzing CB. Totally not his fault, nor much he could really do about it.

He also made plays with his feet, but kept his eyes downfield. On his TD pass, he stepped up nicely into the open pocket. Even though it was open for him to run for quite a while, he instead threw a dime to the WR for a TD.

All in all, as much as I hate to say it, I was impressed by Manziel's play. He looks likes he's come a long, long way from where he was at last year.

I expect Andy Reid to get the o line fixed

Charles might catch 80 this yesr

I expect Andy Reid to get the o line fixed

Charles might catch 80 this yesr

- that line ... ooofffaahhh :cry: but, the great thing about Charles is his remarkable ypc avg, which is the highest all-time for rbs with over 1,000 carries. toss out 2011, when he popped the knee early in the season, snd we have:

2008: 5.3

2009: 5.9

2010: 6.4

2012: 5.3

2013: 5.0

2014: 5.0

kid just gets his ... no matter the line, coach, scheme, qb, wrs, etcetcetc

expect more of the same, fatso will get the playbook as JC friendly as possible :thumbsup:

only caveat this year, though, is that i think fat bast is gonna sprinkle in a wee bit too much Knile, siphoning just enough from JC to frustrate owners :dunno:

- that line ... ooofffaahhh :cry: but, the great thing about Charles is his remarkable ypc avg, which is the highest all-time for rbs with over 1,000 carries. toss out 2011, when he popped the knee early in the season, snd we have:

2008: 5.3

2009: 5.9

2010: 6.4

2012: 5.3

2013: 5.0

2014: 5.0

kid just gets his ... no matter the line, coach, scheme, qb, wrs, etcetcetc

expect more of the same, fatso will get the playbook as JC friendly as possible :thumbsup:

only caveat this year, though, is that i think fat bast is gonna sprinkle in a wee bit too much Knile, siphoning just enough from JC to frustrate owners :dunno:

Knile looked a little stiff and incecisive early, but as the game wore on i noticed him getting more comfortable. It still worries me a little because you never see a good rb look stiff and indecisive. You either have the instincts and vision or you dont.

Knile looked a little stiff and incecisive early, but as the game wore on i noticed him getting more comfortable. It still worries me a little because you never see a good rb look stiff and indecisive. You either have the instincts and vision or you dont.

Holy Christ the KC offensive line is pitiful, just pitiful. I understand they were playing the Hawks, but the Seahawks were routinely 5 yards into the KC backfield before Kniles Davis could make a move. I saw the right tackle Stephenson getting shoved around by a Seattle DB late on one play.

I liked what I saw from KD. Nice shiftiness, solid burst, excellent speed to the outside, delivered some pain... That is an excellent running back. Of course Jamaal Charles is one bad mother. Jeremy Maclin still has skills, but Alex Smith will render him into mediocrity.

Good to see Bradford take a hit. Hes not a bad qb when he isnt getting mauled. He may be a perfect fit for Chips offense. Nice drive by the eagles. some penaltyies helped but some nice 3rd down chain movers and MAthews ran untouched for a 10 or so yd td. Its just preseason but it was a good example of how I see the backfield. Murray got some carries, sproles got one and mathews got some as well. Everyone stays fresh that way and can actually keep up with an uptempo offense better.

They started bringing in Mathews in the redzone, but happy to see Murray go back in and punch in the TD on that 2nd drive.

Panthers offense looks terrible.

Yep, despite what people are saying about Olsen, I'm gonna put all Panthers, including the defense, on my DND list.

Olsen still might have a handful of solid games, but he's gonna have those horrid games when the whole Panthers offense struggles and Cam sucks.

Kid duty has forced me to watch NFL Redzone. Awesome channel even for pre season.

Amari Cooper is a stud. I'll gladly and confidently take him in the 3rd round as a WR1.

ODBjr has 6 targets for 0 (that's zero) receptions. He'll be fine. Maybe

Peyton Manning is trying to prove he hasn't lost any arm strength. Saw him try to fire a couple of balls..... I'm not sold.

If Murray, Mathews, and Sproles are healthy all year, the Eagle offense is going to be fun to watch.

Anbody notice that O.Daniels has 5 targets already in the first quarter on the first team offense....hhhhmmmmm.

Starting to wonder if he's gonna be the steal for his ADP right now. When was the last time Peyton didn't produce a top tier TE?

Anbody notice that O.Daniels has 5 targets already in the first quarter on the first team offense....hhhhmmmmm.

Starting to wonder if he's gonna be the steal for his ADP right now. When was the last time Peyton didn't produce a top tier TE?

I'll take Daniels if I have to but he's too much of a plodder at this point in his career. He'll need 8+ TD's to be a worthy pick in imo because I don't think the receptions or yards are going to knock anyone's socks off this year.

Kid duty has forced me to watch NFL Redzone. Awesome channel even for pre season.

Amari Cooper is a stud. I'll gladly and confidently take him in the 3rd round as a WR1

Whoa there, let's all just relax and back away from the remote. Let's just take a breather here.

Ha, fun to see Cooks take the top off the defense for a 45yd TD bomb. I like hearing how Brees is going to fall off this year and Cooks is just a welker/possession guy. But keep taking Big Ben and Wilson ahead of Brees, please. Also nice td from Watson, I hope the fact that he's the unquestioned starter doesn't put a damper on the Josh Hill HOF bandwagon.

Don't worry guys it's just preseason. I'm sure annual pro bowler and 30td lock Brees falls off now like people say. After all, no weapons right?http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015082254/2015/PRE2/patriots@saints#menu=drivechart%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000514453&tab=videos

Balt. - Philly

- Murray drafters need to come to grips with the fact that this Philly backfield is going to be a timeshare, and draft accordingly

- Jordan Matthews will have a good year, but his ADP has risen so high, that I now believe Agholor is the much better value, and could end up with similar #'s by years end.

- Bradford can certainly be a startable ff QB this season, BUT he looks soooooo fragile....like a porcelain doll.

- Glad that Forsett got pulled early. He is gonna be a busy and productive man in this offense. RB1 #'s for a RB2 price tag.

- I have no clue what to make of the Raven receiver situation. No clue.

SD - Zona

- I hated to see David Johnson showcased. Since his "injury" and the addition of CJ, his stock has tumbled, presenting great value. Hopefully, not too many were paying attention tonight. I have been quietly pimping this kid since the college all-star game last season. He has what Ellington and CJ do not....a chance to become a complete football player. Yes, there will prolly be a learning curve in pass protection, but I noticed that they were lining him up as a receiver on several 3rd downs. He has the size (225) to bang it, great speed and shake on the outside, and soft hands. Best of all, he has heart and wants every inch. Although I will own him, I can't predict how things shake out this year. However, I can imagine him as a top 20 back this year, and a top 10 back next season. Kid can ball, I'm telling you fellers.

-Much to my pre-season surprise, Brandon Oliver has looked fantastic. Looks much faster and quicker to the hole than last year. I had pretty much written him off, but that may have been premature. Really running hard and effectively.

Miami - Carolina

- I still think Miller is in for a big season. He had a nice 36 yard reception tonight. However, Damien Williams keeps rearing his head......racking up a rushing and receiving TD tonight. I ain't sayin'.....I'm just sayin'

- Tannehill continues to look impressive, completing 75% of his passes and getting some yards on the ground when he scrambles. He and Bridgewater appear to be top shelf late-rounders.

- Carolina skill players are all entering DND territory for me, except Olsen, whom I have downgraded because of the extra attention I believe he will garner, and the fact that Cam sucks. I did see that they were trying hard to get former Packer Boykin involved tonight (12 targets).....maybe he has a chance, but can prolly be grabbed off waivers if he shows something.

- Although I think that Landry in a bit over-hyped, he definitely has a chance to be a ppr monster this year, as well as a fine WR2 in standard.

Chicago - Indy

- Two Words: Draft Luck.

NO - NE

- Josh Hill could be serviceable with enough TD's....but Watson is firmly in the mix.

- Garoppolo was lights out tonight. Pat fans definitely have a post-Brady future.

- Blount averaged 1.15 yards/carry tonight.....on 13 carries. NE RB's = DND

- Brandon Gibson was out teasing everyone tonight. 8/68 on 9 targets. Stranger things have happened, I suppose.

- Brees will be fine, and represents good value if you miss Luck or Rodgers.....gotta lot of zip left in that arm. Cooks appears to be the real deal, and could get more expensive in the coming days after tonights performance.....but Coleman was MIA tonight (0 catches on 1 target....dropping a TD catch which was contested, which is prolly a good thing from an ADP standpoint).

- I am timid about embracing any of the NO RB's. Ingram, Robinson, and Spiller could seriously eat deep into each others fantasy production.

NYG - Jags

- ODB jr., where art thou? Zero for 5 tonight.....and he had alligator arms on a couple of potential receptions. Maybe he knows it is preseason and is playing down. At least I hope so. Would love to see him slide a bit in drafts. The Giants offense just looks anemic, and I am not sure what the problem is.

- Eli has looked like Eli.....which is not necessarily good. He remains a top-shelf QB2 in my books, with the potential to be a weekly starter with the weapons he has, if and when they gel....and I expect they will.

- I expect a 3-headed monster of Jennings, Vereen, and Williams during the regular season, with Jennings getting the most burn. I think I will avoid.

- I am beginning to think that A. Robinson, and to a lesser extent Yeldon, are the only real fantasy value for the JAG's right now. Julius Thomas just makes me nervous in that system.

Denver - Houston

-Houston, we have a problem.....looking like a fantasy wasteland, aside from Hopkins. Without Foster, that backfield situation is ugly. Polk, Grimes, or Blue could emerge, but I will not gamble with that. Polk actually looked the best tonight.

- Manning will be fine too. Not last years gaudy #'s, but a true QB1, no doubt.

- I suppose that he will be moving up the boards now, but Hillman is a man we should own. He looks fantastic, and will shine if Anderson goes down. I put him up there with Kniles as top-shelf backup RB to own. He has been going as late as the last round in mocks, but I suspect that will soon change.

- O. Daniels will be a serviceable TE, and is still a great value at his current ADP. Don't discount Kubiak's loyalty.

- Either Caldwell or Latimer could be a gold mine this season at their ADP, particularly with an injury to Sanders or DT. Anybodies guess as to which would reap the benefits.

Oakland - Minny

- As previously mentioned, Bridgewater is the real deal. Still may be a year away from being an every week starter.....but maybe not.

- Charles Johnson is poised to have a good year, no doubt. However, I feel that his value is limited at his current ADP. Wish it was a round or two later.

- Kinda wish L. Murray hadn't of scored tonight. His ADP right now is just about where it should be, and I would like to own him, but am not willing to pay much more if he rises.

- A. Cooper is a stud. He will not have a Randy Moss-like rookie season because of where he plays, but should be an outstanding WR2. Crabtree was nowhere to be found tonight, as usual. Remind me not to fall for that schlub again....because I have been tempted to draft him late with all the camp hype!

• Like 1

Ben with aaaallllll day to throw, hits AB for a 60 yd TD ... called back for offensive PI

fun game here, the magik foosball studs are stepping up

- Lacy lookin awful on pass pro, matadors a linebacker (#51), Rodgers walloped for a safety ... NO TROPHYS Harrison got a piece

Eddie looked baaad on that one

Whole offensive line looked awful on that play...Rodgers needs to get rid of it immediately in his own end zone.

Whole offensive line looked awful on that play...Rodgers needs to get rid of it immediately in his own end zone.

meh, all out blitz thrown at them ... it's on Eddie to step up, and the chubby kid whiffed

no surprise that after almost being snapped in half, Rodgers sits for Tolzien

Right, but there were 3 guys in on that sack, not just the LB. Lacy made contact, but didn't get inside the LB. Out of your end zone, you have to get rid of the ball within 3 seconds and I'd be willing to bet Rodgers would take partial blame for that one.

- he doesn't throw, catch, run, or score tds ... but the Pouncey injury can have significant magik foosball implications if serious ... didn't look good for the Stiller's center.

Ben looking very sharp, and getting plenty of time to carve 'em up ... and there's the TD to Wheaton, who is also having a nice outing -

Hoping for the best, but did not look good. I can hear DEVANTE ADAMS jetting up the boards.

ftfy ;)

I'd move him all the way up to middle 3rd round. Thats screaming up the boards.

It's def devante who would benefit from a Jordy absence.

Benefit the most, yes.

However, Cobb would automatically enter the top-3 fantasy WR zone imo.

This could all be for naught....but seeing as that is how my brain works. What is Devante worth in a scenario where he starts the full year opposite Cobb?

This could all be for naught....but seeing as that is how my brain works. What is Devante worth in a scenario where he starts the full year opposite Cobb?

1000/7 type of WR

I think Jordy just ruptured his ACL.

I got a pick coming up in the third round of a rookie/FA camp. You guys are talking up with Cobb and up with Davonte, well they were already there. I'm looking hard at Janis, he's supposed to be the Jordy backup but he's had a terrible camp. They got this kid Ty Montgomery too. Any Packer homers want to weigh in on this in case Ajayi doesn't survive four more spots.