Sign in to follow this  
Filthy Fernadez

New details on how the Pats used Spygate info...

Meh - I think you're making a huge assumption here. Whitney Houston's star shined pretty bright, but she was broken on the inside. Same for Robin Williams, Kurt Cobain, Junior Seau, Michael Jackson, etc.

Not that Tom Brady is going down that road, but I think it's a slippery slope when you hitch your happiness to the fame & fortune wagon.

I'm middle class, but my life is pretty damn good, and my name's not be smeared all over the place today.

I'm middle class also....but let's be real ....neither of us are worth 100 mil, are going to the pro football hall of fame, can have virtually any woman we want....basically nobody knows us and we aren't in the convo as the best of all time at the most glamorous position in sports.....but I'm glad u are happy with your lot in life...truly

As I said before man, I want to watch the games and not have to wonder if the outcome of the game was rigged. I want the NFL........not WWE.

With that being said, I'm tapping out. :cheers:

agreed, as am I :cheers:

“We now know that this report was false, and that no tape of the walkthrough ever existed,” the Herald wrote. “We should not have published the allegation in the absence of firmer verification. The Boston Herald regrets the damage done to the team by publication of the allegation, and sincerely apologizes to its readers and to the New England Patriots’ owners, players, employees and fans for our error.”

Despite that correction being issued three months after the initial report, the damage had been done. People believed that the Patriots filmed the Rams walkthrough, and that was that.

In fact, ESPN ran with the filmed walkthrough story multiple times in recent weeks, displaying the “news” on the bottom of the screen during discussions about DeflateGate.

“On two occasions in recent weeks, SportsCenter incorrectly cited a 2002 report regarding the New England Patriots and Super Bowl XXXVI,” Levy said. “That story was found to be false and should not have been part of our reporting. We apologize to the Patriots organization.”

Better late — as in, seven years too late — than never?

UPDATE: The Patriots tweeted out the video from ESPN, showing that the organization is listening.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/08/20/espn-apologizes-to-patriots-for-sharing-false-spygate-story/

I'm middle class also....but let's be real ....neither of us are worth 100 mil, are going to the pro football hall of fame, can have virtually any woman we want....basically nobody knows us and we aren't in the convo as the best of all time at the most glamorous position in sports.....but I'm glad u are happy with your lot in life...truly

Again........... Whitney Houston, Kurt Cobain, Michael Jackson, Junior Seau, Robin Williams, etc..............

As I said, you're making a LOT of assumptions if you think fame & fortune = peace & happiness. Honestly, I hope that Tom Brady is happy, but assuming he's happier than me because he's filthy rich is pretty narrow-minded thinking.

Neither is Brady if these scandals keep popping up like weeds. I have him at 2, I can see past the scandals. I want to penalize him more but its hard to drop him past all time choke jobber and 1 and done artist Peyton at this rate.

Again........... Whitney Houston, Kurt Cobain, Michael Jackson, Junior Seau, Robin Williams, etc..............

As I said, you're making a LOT of assumptions if you think fame & fortune = peace & happiness. Honestly, I hope that Tom Brady is happy, but assuming he's happier than me because he's filthy rich is pretty narrow-minded thinking.

We can rattle of tons of troubled rich people with depression and drug addictions....I think it's safe to safe tom is a pretty happy guy ....some people don't make it to 10, 20, or 30.....38 years of tom bradys existence is better than most of our lives will ever really be.....maybe if ur lucky you'll be an old bag of wrinkly skin who needs to wear a diaper again like when u were a baby.....like I said....I'm glad u are happy with your life...., but bradys is still better than your best dream

Neither is Brady if these scandals keep popping up like weeds.

Ur an idiot if u think this is a new scandal....it's the same rehashed reports weve heard randomly since spygate ....it's just being rehashed because the nfl looked like an idiots and so does Mortensen ....these accusations aren't new .....this isn't a new scandal

And brady will never leave that convo....never....even if he murders Taylor Swift

We can rattle of tons of troubled rich people with depression and drug addictions....I think it's safe to safe tom is a pretty happy guy ....some people don't make it to 10, 20, or 30.....38 years of tom bradys existence is better than most of our lives will ever really be.....maybe if ur lucky you'll be an old bag of wrinkly skin who needs to wear a diaper again like when u were a baby.....like I said....I'm glad u are happy with your life...., but bradys is still better than your best dream

Again, you don't know that.

You know that Robin Williams wasn't happy? You knew that Kurt Cobain wasn't happy? The list goes on and on and on and on...........

Again, it's incredibly narrow minded to pin your happiness & peace to fame & fortune. It's even more narrow minded to pin Tom Brady's happiness to those things, considering you don't even know the guy.

You haven't got the foggiest idea whether Tom Brady is at peace or not.

You know that Robin Williams wasn't happy? You knew that Kurt Cobain wasn't happy? The list goes on and on and on and on...........

Again, it's incredibly narrow minded to pin your happiness & peace to fame & fortune. It's even more narrow minded to pin Tom Brady's happiness to those things, considering you don't even know the guy.

Iv got a pretty good idea that Tom is happy and at peace...All he cares about is playing football. Bill is the one masterminding all this cheating.

im going to be real with you guys...all joking and all bravado aside here

like i said..im a lifelong pats fan...and a season ticket holder..im 35 years old...and yes i remember the laughing stock of the league days...very well..in fact when i was a kid most of the kids i grew up around, here in new england, were picking different teams to root for....the cowboys, 9ers, dolphins, steelers, giants etc....because they won....it was more fun and they had more exciting players or whatever....it was easy for them...i stuck by my team....i spend money to see them...and i go on road trips...im quite proud of what theyve done

youd be foolish to think the patriots just keep inventing new ways to cheat......its simply teams being paranoid and looking back and thinking "hmmm maybe they did something to us since theyve done something or have been accused by other teams"...

when spygate was over....it was "they won games because they cheated and spied"...yet after that they continued to win games......."they havent won a superbowl since spygate"...yet they kept winning games...went to them...got very close to them and then eventually won one again(winning the superbowl, as we all know, is not an easy feat)......its just funny people think the pats cheated and committed this heinous act of cheating....."got caught"...and then decided to just keep cheating while inventing several new ways to do it so they can continue winning...its just ridiculous

like i said...if anyone has a gripe its harbaugh...that formation stuff bill pulled bordered on smart/bush league and i could see a gripe....i could see how one would be ticked off about that....

im not in a thread about your favorite franchise...bashing them constantly....because honestly....most other teams are peons to me....i know how that sounds...it sounds arrogant....and if you wanna accuse bill and the pats of that...their fans too...i can agree with it....yeah were a little bit arrogant

you guys mentioned "well if there was no advantage to be gained then hed just be stupid do it right"....that question was asked to bill directly by bob kraft....and kraft publicly stated the response he got after he asked "if you did and there was no advantage then you must be stupid"...and bill admitted it was stupidity and arrogance.....

Iv got a pretty good idea that Tom is happy and at peace...All he cares about is playing football. Bill is the one masterminding all this cheating.

No, you don't.

i knew that kurt cobain was a heroin addict...yeah...and that whitney liked the pipe/rock....so yeah...i did...robin williams not so much....but it was no secret whitney and cobain were drug addicts...if tom is...he hides it very well.....tom brady has everything a middle class guy who is happy has....beautiful wife...healthy, gorgeous, kids....and on top of that he has everything else....why wouldnt he be happy?

i knew that kurt cobain was a heroin addict...yeah...and that whitney liked the pipe/rock....so yeah...i did...robin williams not so much....but it was no secret whitney and cobain were drug addicts...if tom is...he hides it very well.....tom brady has everything a middle class guy who is happy has....beautiful wife...healthy, gorgeous, kids....and on top of that he has everything else....why wouldnt he be happy?

Were you a member of the N'Sync fan club back in the 90s?

im going to be real with you guys...all joking and all bravado aside here

like i said..im a lifelong pats fan...and a season ticket holder..im 35 years old...and yes i remember the laughing stock of the league days...very well..in fact when i was a kid most of the kids i grew up around, here in new england, were picking different teams to root for....the cowboys, 9ers, dolphins, steelers, giants etc....because they won....it was more fun and they had more exciting players or whatever....it was easy for them...i stuck by my team....i spend money to see them...and i go on road trips...im quite proud of what theyve done

youd be foolish to think the patriots just keep inventing new ways to cheat......its simply teams being paranoid and looking back and thinking "hmmm maybe they did something to us since theyve done something or have been accused by other teams"...

when spygate was over....it was "they won games because they cheated and spied"...yet after that they continued to win games......."they havent won a superbowl since spygate"...yet they kept winning games...went to them...got very close to them and then eventually won one again(winning the superbowl, as we all know, is not an easy feat)......its just funny people think the pats cheated and committed this heinous act of cheating....."got caught"...and then decided to just keep cheating while inventing several new ways to do it so they can continue winning...its just ridiculous

like i said...if anyone has a gripe its harbaugh...that formation stuff bill pulled bordered on smart/bush league and i could see a gripe....i could see how one would be ticked off about that....

im not in a thread about your favorite franchise...bashing them constantly....because honestly....most other teams are peons to me....i know how that sounds...it sounds arrogant....and if you wanna accuse bill and the pats of that...their fans too...i can agree with it....yeah were a little bit arrogant

you guys mentioned "well if there was no advantage to be gained then hed just be stupid do it right"....that question was asked to bill directly by bob kraft....and kraft publicly stated the response he got after he asked "if you did and there was no advantage then you must be stupid"...and bill admitted it was stupidity and arrogance.....

I don't blame you for defending your team.

My problem is the constant denial, finger-pointing, etc. My team (Denver) got caught greasing their jerseys in 1998, en route to one of their Super Bowl wins. That was against the rules. You know what they did? They didn't hire an attorney, they didn't point fingers at anyone else, they didn't cry about it. Here's what Mark Schlereth said about it:

"Did I grease up my jersey, and use sticky substances on my gloves? You're damn right," Schlereth said recently. "What you call cheating is a fine line. It's an interesting line. What we did, in the locker room, is called being creative. Certain cheating is snickered at, or applauded."

If the Patriots would man up, I'd respect them more.

My problem is the constant denial, finger-pointing, etc. My team (Denver) got caught greasing their jerseys in 1998, en route to one of their Super Bowl wins. That was against the rules. You know what they did? They didn't hire an attorney, they didn't point fingers at anyone else, they didn't cry about it. Here's what Mark Schlereth said about it:

yeah....but there isnt any evidence that they did anything wrong in deflategate.....they took theyre spygate punishment as it was and admitted it and cooperated ......

deflategate has no merit and is an obvious smear campaign if you dig into and actually read the details...and dont just listen to espn....who leaks false reports and then rehashes old reports, that have no merit also, days after the suspension is overturned

Really? You think a pretty wife and good-looking kids are the key to happiness?

Brady seemed pretty happy with Bridget Moynahan too, right? She even birthed his child, right? Apparently there was some trouble there at some point, because he's no longer with the mother of his child.

You think wealthy famous people don't struggle? You really believe that? Hell, in many ways, it's probably more of a struggle than you and I can fathom.

yeah....but there isnt any evidence that they did anything wrong in deflategate.....they took theyre spygate punishment as it was and admitted it and cooperated ......

deflategate has no merit and is an obvious smear campaign if you dig into and actually read the details...and dont just listen to espn....who leaks false reports and then rehashes old reports, that have no merit also, days after the suspension is overturned

See, this is exactly what I'm talking about.

Their equipment man was called "The Deflator", for crying out loud. They said it was part of a weight loss program. Do you think we're all stupid?

• Like 1

THIS.

Not one Patriots fan anywhere I've read has said, "They probably did it but at least they got away with it".

You'd think Patriots fans were accused themselves of committing these acts.

As an Eagles fan, I know my team will never get vindication for SB XXXIX. I'm over that part and always have been.

But I'm not going to ever just accept the rhetoric of a child in, " Deal with it we won you lost".

You won. You cheated. You got away with it. Deal with it.

But every time you EVER say that first sentence...you should include the next three subsequent sentences.

See, this is exactly what I'm talking about.

Their equipment man was called "The Deflator", for crying out loud. They said it was part of a weight loss program. Do you think we're all stupid?

yer exactly what im talking about.......

that text was from months earlier...and in no way related to the afc title game...it was from several months before....way before the playoffs...its a selective piece used by ted wells and given to you out of context......just like wells said "we dont need your phone ...as long as you provide us with the sufficient records we will take that for your word"....and wells said brady cooperated.......then months later when they found out bradys phone was gone, which brady told them, it became "the phone is destroyed...look"....they were never getting that phone to begin with so how was that relevant at all? he provided them with everything they asked for......its propoganda......there is no evidence to suggest those balls were below 12.5 when the game started

the nfl, supposedly, was tipped off about the balls....yet they never measured them before the game and recorded them!!! thats amazing....they hand tested and approved them....by hand!!!!

Do I believe those guys have let air out of balls for tom before? Sure.., when they were over inflated or max inflsted.....brady likes them on the low end....he has said that ....rodgers had said he likes them in the high end near the max.....the Jets have had issues with kicking balls before.....brady likes them low end and there is nothing to suggest they werenter at the minimum level when the gAme started

You have the nfl leaking a false report about psi's and u think everything is in the up and up with them?

Low class organization. Low class owner and coach. Belicheat and Brady should never get near Canton. Maybe other teams did things too. NE obviously went above and beyond, and most importantly, got caught. Fock them.

http://yourteamcheats.com/cheaters/

Surprising to see who are the real cheaters.

Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house

It's funny..., the nfl is supposed to be protecting the integrity of the game...and the Pats are the accused cheaters....yet the nfl story has more holes in it than the pats does....it's not supposed to work like that

The nfl simply puts something out via the national media aka espn....and everyone eats it up because 90 percent of the country hates the pats anyway ....easy sell...drop the hammer in the pats even if we look like clowns in thr process ... people are too busy, pretending to be busy, to notice what's really going on!!!

http://yourteamcheats.com/cheaters/

Surprising to see who are the real cheaters.

Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house

Sure. And every single time my team was found guilty of a wrongdoing, they paid the price and moved on.

They didn't cry about it, didn't hire their attorneys, didn't take it to the highest court in the land, didn't point fingers.

That's the difference. Every team has had their moments of impropriety. Nobody comes close to crying about it as much as the Patriots have, though.

Brady has been real good, but let's not forget, Matt Cassell (who?) went 10-5 in that system when Brady was injured. By comparison, the Colts went 2-14 when Manning was injured for a season. Brady, to a large degree, is a product of that system.

Cassell didn't even lead them to a playoff appearance that year.

Matt was also playing with a team that almost went 19-0 the year before....that is a talented team regardless who is quarterbacking them

I'm not sure what the "system" is..., brady has been through tons of different personnel aND several different coordinators.....his system is making good rEads pre and post snap, calling out protections, and taking what the defense is giving him

Sure. And every single time my team was found guilty of a wrongdoing, they paid the price and moved on.

They didn't cry about it, didn't hire their attorneys, didn't take it to the highest court in the land, didn't point fingers.

That's the difference. Every team has had their moments of impropriety. Nobody comes close to crying about it as much as the Patriots have, though.

Again...u ignore the pats owning up to spygate and taking punishment .....

And u ignore the best evidence u have against he pats is a text from several months before the afc title game using he word deflator

He was good enough to lead them to a 10-5 record. They went 10-6 the following year, with Brady as the quarterback.

Matt Cassel is awful, but even he was good enough to win with the Patriots. It's pretty telling.

This report will either uncover a lot more information and make things clearer or things will get even murkier. At this point, there is no hiding the truth. Public will demand something be done. I'll wait to judge the patriots though until we have more than what was reported.

Side note, Jaguars head sets went out inexplicably during the 2007 playoffs (I believe 3rd quarter) and we have heard many more stories of this happening with the patriots.

Again...u ignore the pats owning up to spygate and taking punishment .....

And u ignore the best evidence u have against he pats is a text from several months before the afc title game using he word deflator

You think there was hard-core evidence in all of those "your team is a cheater too" links posted above?

I doubt it.

Listen, you're not going to change my mind, and I'm not going to change yours. There wasn't really a "smoking gun" with Lance Armstrong either, but you know where his legacy landed. Buckle up, because this is life as a Pats fan now. Nothing's going to change it.

You think there was hard-core evidence in all of those "your team is a cheater too" links posted above?

I doubt it.

Listen, you're not going to change my mind, and I'm not going to change yours. There wasn't really a "smoking gun" with Lance Armstrong either, but you know where his legacy landed. Buckle up, because this is life as a Pats fan now. Nothing's going to change it.

I didn't post that link....I provide logical and sensible reasoning ....and u haven't provided evidence ....the nfl should have it in this case...the pats are accused and they are in charge of upholding the integrity..., they have no evidence and many holes.....and they have been caught leaking false reports .....that shouldn't happen

I'll buckle up ....and watch us drop a banner thursday..., and we'll keep winning...and you all will still not believe we're still winning after 15 years and try to come up with a new angle that we've invented to cheat to keep winning

What people should be worried about....is why this league doesn't need any evidence to levy a suspension...why they can create whatever they want out of whatever they want....why the cba doesn't require an independent 3rd party Investigstor. ....why the league is leaking false reports

Instead of worrying about why the patriots are still a super bowl contender every year for the last 15...it's cause they are good at football ....worry about the Integrity and competency of thr league u follow and "love"

Ur talking about having a "smoking gun"...in don't have a gun or smoke here..., u have a text from several months before afc title gsme with the word deflate in it....the Investigation was supposed to be about the afc title game alone ...., u have basically nothing...zero

Even the judge who heard the appeal....was supposed to stick to precedent...and made several comments about a lack of evidence and couldn't even understand what he was looking at

I didn't post that link....I provide logical and sensible reasoning ....and u haven't provided evidence ....the nfl should have it in this case...the pats are accused and they are in charge of upholding the integrity..., they have no evidence and many holes.....and they have been caught leaking false reports .....that shouldn't happen

I'll buckle up ....and watch us drop a banner thursday..., and we'll keep winning...and you all will still not believe we're still winning after 15 years and try to come up with a new angle that we've invented to cheat to keep winning

I think you have the most posts in this thread. Who are you trying to convince, everyone else or yourself? My guess would be yourself, because I know if I truly believed whatever it was I was trying to argue about I wouldn't waste this much time trying to convince others of it. Maybe you're not smart enough to realize that when you argue with others, you convince yourself more that you are right while they convince themselves they are right at the same time.

That's fine. Lance Armstrong won a lot, too.

Unfortunately, this is the court of public opinion we're talking about. There doesn't need to be a smoking gun. There's enough smoke to sway peoples' opinion......... and it has. No judge can change that.

What people should be worried about....is why this league doesn't need any evidence to levy a suspension...why they can create whatever they want out of whatever they want....why the cba doesn't require an independent 3rd party Investigstor. ....why the league is leaking false reports

Instead of worrying about why the patriots are still a super bowl contender every year for the last 15...it's cause they are good at football ....worry about the Integrity and competency of thr league u follow and "love"

Ur talking about having a "smoking gun"...in don't have a gun or smoke here..., u have a text from several months before afc title gsme with the word deflate in it....the Investigation was supposed to be about the afc title game alone ...., u have basically nothing...zero

Even the judge who heard the appeal....was supposed to stick to precedent...and made several comments about a lack of evidence and couldn't even understand what he was looking at

I got something for your admitted arrogance: 18-1. Suck it.

I think you have the most posts in this thread. Who are you trying to convince, everyone else or yourself? My guess would be yourself, because I know if I truly believed whatever it was I was trying to argue about I wouldn't waste this much time trying to convince others of it. Maybe you're not smart enough to realize that when you argue with others, you convince yourself more that you are right while they convince themselves they are right at the same time.

I don't need to be convinced ....I'm simply sharing my point of view based off of what I've read ....

Too many people speak on this situation and really don't know a damn thing about it .., they hear what espn tells them....and from what we've seen espn can't be trusted...

So far nobody has made a solid counterpoint to the points I've brought up

Balls were hand tested b fore gsme and approved..., never measured and recorded(wasn't the nfl supposedly tipped off about this before).....there's nothing to suggest the balls weren't at least at the minimum 12.5 when the game started ...., bottom line...end of story

It's not like the league is picking on the Patriots. Like I said earlier, TJ Ward has been suspended a game, because of something that had nothing to do with football, that happened a year and a half ago, in which all charges were dropped.

You're not worried about THAT integrity of the league though, are you? Of course not, because it doesn't impact your team. It's not the integrity of the league that you're worried about......... it's about protecting the integrity of your pretty boy.

I got something for your admitted arrogance: 18-1. Suck it.

Ya that's cool...I mean 4 titles...perennial super bowl contender....I'll take that over making the playoffs once every 3 or 5 years ....and 5 win seasons....and watching my qb get picked off 5 times in a home loss

I don't need to be convinced ....I'm simply sharing my point of view based off of what I've read ....

Too many people speak on this situation and really don't know a damn thing about it .., they hear what espn tells them....and from what we've seen espn can't be trusted...

So far nobody has made a solid counterpoint to the points I've brought up

Balls were hand tested b fore gsme and approved..., never measured and recorded(wasn't the nfl supposedly tipped off about this before).....there's nothing to suggest the balls weren't at least at the minimum 12.5 when the game started ...., bottom line...end of story

End of story?

You wish.