Sign in to follow this  
Filthy Fernadez

New details on how the Pats used Spygate info...

Next thing you know it's going to be cheating that the Pats signed Reggie Wayne just to get insight on the Colts' offense :rolleyes:

• Like 1

First off..I loathe the Pats as much as anyone, but this crap has to stop. Teams have been stealing plays since the first televised games. This is a bunch of crap started by people who get outcoached by Belichek and outplayed by Brady.

• Like 2

Next thing you know it's going to be cheating that the Pats signed Reggie Wayne just to get insight on the Colts' offense :rolleyes:

Now you're not trying at all.

I heard he asked for his release because they water boarded him for Colts schemes.

• Like 1

poor parrot. :(

Don't be down big guy, I'll explain it to you. :)

See, what happened was, in that whole massive article, there was ONE play specifically identified as one where the Pats must have cheated. But, in regards to THAT SAME PLAY, there is footage of their all-pro defensive captain and a coach talking about how their guy busted the called coverage and screwed the pooch on that play. I know you pride yourself on being the bored's unofficial wet-blanket, tsk-tsk, school-librarian, buzz-kill, but maybe even you can see the humor in that?

If not, maybe you can instead recognize that for what it represents about what that article was; an attempt to rake all the mud about the Pats into one pile, no matter how baseless, and without ANY regard to credibilty. I spent less than five minutes on the Google and showed this one charge to be patently ridiculous. Clearly the authors didn't care to do even that much that, probably because they had another interview scheduled with someone else with an ax to grind. And they were counting on people like you as readers, knowing that could make just about any claim they want since "We're ESPN and it's only the Patriots" so everyone will check their brains at the door.

Also, I don't care to defend Goodell especially, but much of the NFL insider stuff is questionable as well. Van Natta makes a lot of claims in that article about the owners being upset over Goodell's decision to destroy the tapes. This is quite a departure from what he had to say about it just a few months ago,

"There was a meeting of owners, a private meeting behind closed doors, that Goodell presided over, when all the owners agreed that those videos had to be destroyed."

Believe what you want about the Pats I guess, I don't really care, but recognize that there is ZERO journalistic integrity at ESPN.

We're on to the season! :thumbsup:

Don't be down big guy, I'll explain it to you. :)

See, what happened was, in that whole massive article, there was ONE play specifically identified as one where the Pats must have cheated. But, in regards to THAT SAME PLAY, there is footage of their all-pro defensive captain and a coach talking about how their guy busted the called coverage and screwed the pooch on that play. I know you pride yourself on being the bored's unofficial wet-blanket, tsk-tsk, school-librarian, buzz-kill, but maybe even you can see the humor in that?

If not, maybe you can instead recognize that for what it represents about what that article was; an attempt to rake all the mud about the Pats into one pile, no matter how baseless, and without ANY regard to credibilty. I spent less than five minutes on the Google and showed this one charge to be patently ridiculous. Clearly the authors didn't care to do even that much that, probably because they had another interview scheduled with someone else with an ax to grind. And they were counting on people like you as readers, knowing that could make just about any claim they want since "We're ESPN and it's only the Patriots" so everyone will check their brains at the door.

Also, I don't care to defend Goodell especially, but much of the NFL insider stuff is questionable as well. Van Natta makes a lot of claims in that article about the owners being upset over Goodell's decision to destroy the tapes. This is quite a departure from what he had to say about it just a few months ago,

Believe what you want about the Pats I guess, I don't really care, but recognize that there is ZERO journalistic integrity at ESPN.

We're on to the season! :thumbsup:

Riiiiiight...all of those guys that get PAID to be journalists, have insider contacts, and possess sources within the league offices OBVIOUSLY know less about this than your dumb, homer azz. I pointed out one play, but Ward said it happened all game long and he's not the only one. Hell, your boys aren't above lifting playbooks out of the other teams locker room like common thieves.

Patriot defenders who say all this is made up reminds me of christians who say fossils were planted by anit-christian propaganda groups.

I am glad the Pats cheat and I hope they continue to do so. I find it humorous watching all the other teams and fans scramble to try to find out what the Pats are up to next. Quite entertaining. :thumbsup: :first:

Riiiiiight...all of those guys that get PAID to be journalists, have insider contacts, and possess sources within the league offices OBVIOUSLY know less about this than your dumb, homer azz. I pointed out one play, but Ward said it happened all game long and he's not the only one. Hell, your boys aren't above lifting playbooks out of the other teams locker room like common thieves.

Apparently those super-smart, insider-connected, PAID journalists can't use Google or they could have proven one of the charges they chose to print patently false in a matter of minutes. It's almost like they didn't care what was true and what wasn't, if they could get someone to say it, that was good enough for them. Not that people like Wines Hard has any agenda of his own or would dare to cast unfounded aspersions on the team that kicked his around for much of his career or anything. :rolleyes:

Apparently those super-smart, insider-connected, PAID journalists can't use Google or they could have proven one of the charges they chose to print patently false in a matter of minutes. It's almost like they didn't care what was true and what wasn't, if they could get someone to say it, that was good enough for them. Not that people like Wines Hard has any agenda of his own or would dare to cast unfounded aspersions on the team that kicked his around for much of his career or anything. :rolleyes:

blah blah blah...i'm ok with cheating as long as it's MY team that wins...blah blah blah...i will defend them because the ends justify the means...blah blah blah...i tell my kids cheating is wrong but openly endorse the biggest cheaters in professional sports...blah blah blah...

:rolleyes:

blah blah blah...i'm ok with cheating as long as it's MY team that wins...blah blah blah...i will defend them because the ends justify the means...blah blah blah...i tell my kids cheating is wrong but openly endorse the biggest cheaters in professional sports...blah blah blah...

:rolleyes:

:lol:

I haven't really defended much of anything here, I'm simply pointing out how utterly ridiculous and completely unfounded some of the claims in that article are. I'll just go ahead and assume you agree based on how your threw in the towel here. Enjoy the game tonight. :thumbsup:

First off..I loathe the Pats as much as anyone, but this crap has to stop. Teams have been stealing plays since the first televised games. This is a bunch of crap started by people who get outcoached by Belichek and outplayed by Brady.

Except for Coughlin and Manning. Don't forget that.

If Lyle Alzado isn't in the HoF, Billdo and Shady shouldn't ever be in it either. ATLEAST Alzado was honest.

• Like 1

If Lyle Alzado isn't in the HoF, Billdo and Shady shouldn't ever be in it either. ATLEAST Alzado was honest.

Exactly the NFL just brushed him right under the rug like he never existed.