Sign in to follow this  
mbfsu7

For Those Who Stream Kickers....

Who you rolling out this week? Guys I need to choose from:
Hocker - Good offense against pretty good defense. Good weather. NO may struggle a bit in red zone without Graham.
Franks - Good offense playing Washington, should have a lot of opportunities
Janikowski - OAK's offense should be improved, playing at home vs a pretty good defense. He kicked 5 FGs in their last preseason game.
Catanzaro - Kicked a lot of FGs last year, playing at home vs the Saints so there should be opportunities. He was terrible in the preseason though.
Graham Gano - Car has a poor offense, but they'll likely struggle to score in the red-zone. They seem to kick a lot of FGs. Playing Jax.
Josh Lambo - SD typically kicks a bunch of FGs, playing at home vs DET. Novak was my kicker before he was cut.

Hocker - Good offense against pretty good defense. Good weather. NO may struggle a bit in red zone without Graham.
Janikowski - OAK's offense should be improved, playing at home vs a pretty good defense. He kicked 5 FGs in their last preseason game.
Catanzaro - Kicked a lot of FGs last year, playing at home vs the Saints so there should be opportunities. He was terrible in the preseason though.
Graham Gano - Car has a poor offense, but they'll likely struggle to score in the red-zone. They seem to kick a lot of FGs. Playing Jax.
Josh Lambo - SD typically kicks a bunch of FGs, playing at home vs DET. Novak was my kicker before he was cut.

Prater if available. If not, Lambo.....kid has a rocket leg.

Prater if available. If not, Lambo.....kid has a rocket leg.

Prater is terrible, didnt he come back and shank a bunch of kicks right off the bat? I dont even consider a kicker unless hes 90% from 40+ and at least favorable to hit 50s. Prater will prob lead the league in missed EP.

Prater is terrible, didnt he come back and shank a bunch of kicks right off the bat? I dont even consider a kicker unless hes 90% from 40+ and at least favorable to hit 50s. Prater will prob lead the league in missed EP.

Prater did have a rough start in his first game with the Lions in mid November, but righted the ship to go 16/18 on FG's down the stretch (89%) and 23/23 on xp's. He just seems like a guy that has a good situation in domed Detroit, has a strong leg, on a team that has traditionally struggled in the red zone, has a late bye week, and that is available very late in the last round or as a free agent. Obviously, I would rather have Vinatieri.

how bout nick folk jets, I see a fg fest low scoring game between jets-cleve.

Folk as well as Prater are both gone. The guys I listed are the best options.

Debating myself between Hocker, Lambo and McManus from Denver. I gambled with Parkey last year and he worked out really well and have the best feeling with these three guys but can't make up my mind on who it will be.

Debating myself between Hocker, Lambo and McManus from Denver. I gambled with Parkey last year and he worked out really well and have the best feeling with these three guys but can't make up my mind on who it will be.

I've never went for Denver's kickers because in the past they've ended the majority of their drives in TDs. I always try to pick kickers on good but not elite offenses (Chargers, Falcons, etc). Novak was great for me last year. Phil Dawson was great a few years ago when the Niners were good.

Franks

Anybody enamored with Josh Brown of the Gmen? He is pretty reliable and usually available. Giants do move the chains too.

Catanzaro

Dome + home game + Palmer back + Saints bad vs Ks = solid play IMO

Plus he plays Chicago next week (awesome matchup)

Give me a dome kicker on the highest scoring team left in the last round of the draft.

Other than that... "streaming kickers"? It's such a crap shoot anyway, what's the point?

Streaming kickers seems such a crapshoot, even if you want to go into the science of domes and game script etc. I prefer to grab one with a late bye and set and forget unless they totally implode It's pretty unusual to only lose a game because your kicker didnt get his 8 points..

Bolts fan in one of my leagues changed his team name to Lambo Field when he drafted the kid.

Of your choices, I'd probably grab him or Catanzaro.

It's pretty unusual to only lose a game because your kicker didnt get his 8 points..

This got me curious. I went back to last year, my ten team, twelve starting position keeper league. Turns out my team alone had four matchups decided by less than two points. (I only won one of them :( )

11 games total decided by eight or fewer points, another six if you went up to ten or fewer. (and four were mine...no wonder I ended up fifth)

That's about the same number that were decided by really big margins, 20+ points.

This got me curious. I went back to last year, my ten team, twelve starting position keeper league. Turns out my team alone had four matchups decided by less than two points. (I only won one of them :( )

11 games total decided by eight or fewer points, another six if you went up to ten or fewer. (and four were mine...no wonder I ended up fifth)

That's about the same number that were decided by really big margins, 20+ points.

This is why I am always in amazement at those who totally diss kickers. A good reliable kicker can make the difference between making the playoffs or not.

That doesn't mean take a kicker early. It just means that your choice can have a profound impact on your season.

This is why I am always in amazement at those who totally diss kickers. A good reliable kicker can make the difference between making the playoffs or not.

That doesn't mean take a kicker early. It just means that your choice can have a profound impact on your season.

Agreed. I remember Jeff Wilkins being the difference for more than one team for years in the late 90s early 2000s. Same for Vanderjagt for a few years. Like any other position, there's a muddled middle where you just grab one of many. But if you can grab one of the better ones for, say, a pick one round earlier, it can make a difference. I mean, it's still usually the last rounds for me, along with DEF and IDP. But I think kicker is easier to predict reliability with than DEF year to year. That same league let Parkey sit until more than five or six other kickers had been grabbed, so I got the idea combo of waiting and getting my top ranked guy.

I definitely don't agree with the strategy of not drafting one at all.

Don't even worry about kickers , if your team is good you won't even need one they have very little to do with the out come of Most fantasy football match ups . I like to gamble every week and take a kicker from a bad road team most of the time and get a few points from them it's fun .

Yes, but you're not considering what a different kicker might have gotten you. More or less points. The SWING would have had to be enough to make a difference, not just the total. And 4 games by less than 2 points would be more than average. Everyone has a story about how a kicker made a difference in a game, but its nowhere near the influence other positions have.

BTW, I went back to my league and saw that 2 games in the WHOLE LEAGUE were decided by less than 2 points. So I have as much evidence as you. Shrug.

I'm also not dissing kickers, I always try to get a good one. My regular choices over last few seasons have been Bryant, Hauschka, Tucker, Prater when with Denver etc - if I can get them.

I just don't think they should be streamed weekly. For a start, that's a lot of waiver moves if there is a limit.

Don't even worry about kickers , if your team is good you won't even need one. I like to gamble every week and take a kicker from a bad road team most of the time and get a few points from them it's fun .

:rolleyes:

Yes, but you're not considering what a different kicker might have gotten you. More or less points. The SWING would have had to be enough to make a difference, not just the total. And 4 games by less than 2 points would be more than average. Everyone has a story about how a kicker made a difference in a game, but its nowhere near the influence other positions have.

BTW, I went back to my league and saw that 2 games in the WHOLE LEAGUE were decided by less than 2 points. So I have as much evidence as you. Shrug.

I'm also not dissing kickers, I always try to get a good one. My regular choices over last few seasons have been Bryant, Hauschka, Tucker, Prater when with Denver etc - if I can get them.

I just don't think they should be streamed weekly. For a start, that's a lot of waiver moves if there is a limit.

A lot of the guys at the bottom of my leagues stream kickers. That's the other evidence I have. The winning teams find a good kicker and keep him. For example, out of a low scoring Denver Baltimore game, McManus has ten points already.

And yeah, good kickers will outscore their field by enough points to make a difference in all those games in my league. We have a competitive league, those close games happen about once a week. With that many positions, our average winning score is about 120. And we'll have more than one game a year decided by, literally, less than one point.

Again, finding one of the good kickers is worth missing on yet another WR5 at the end of the draft to me.

Picked up the Bengals kicker two days ago in all my leagues .

Went with McManus expecting a shootout in Mile High. It was anything but, which actually worked out great for McManus. He booted two 50+ yards easily plus another 40 yarder. Very pleased and he outscored my QB (Eli).

I started Hocker due to the Saints inefficiency in the red zone. He did pretty good for me, but I dont expect him to have 4 FGs this week against Tampa in the Dome. I think more TDs will be scored but Im not dumping him yet.

Hocker looked very good. And unfortunately the Saints offense might be getting stalled some more this year.

On the flipside for kickers who did way below expectations - Vinatieri was zeroed.