Sign in to follow this  
DaBeerz

My Season is slowing heading down the crapper.

1-3 and not looking good, how about you? I can't ever seem to start the right guys week to week it's frustrating as hell.

Injuries are hurting me a lot - Cobb, A. Jeffrey, C. Ivory, and Philly Kicker.

Defenses - Drafted Philly Defense way too high, and I'm just about ready to dump them. to the WW. I could have started Carolina this week and got way more points.

RB - Chris Ivory has a career day - on my bench. Hyde had that great opening week and has been garbage ever since, he's no longer a viable starter. Forsett finally had a good day. I can only hope Bernard steals the job from Hill, so my RB isn't in a timeshare.

Basically the only good thing my team has going for it is Rodgers.

I had a choice of 5 flex player optons this week on my bench. I took the one who had 0 points, the rest all scored 13-20.

My pick- Ryan Mathews hoping Murray was gimpy.

My other options. Martin, Hillman, Duke, John B.

I had a choice of 5 flex player optons this week on my bench. I took the one who had 0 points, the rest all scored 13-20.

My pick- Ryan Mathews hoping Murray was gimpy.

My other options. Martin, Hillman, Duke, John B.

I can't blame you for not starting Hillman. If you take away the 70+ yard TD run, Hillman had a pretty average day.

All Philly RB should be avoided until further notice.

in one of my leagues i'm about to drop to 1-3, and I could easily be 3-1 if i wouldn't make dumb choices.

Last week lost by 1 point, started terrance williams over marvin jones. This week lost by 4 points, started marvin jones over terrance williams.

I started Reggie Bush over Danny Woodhead at flex and it will probably cost me a win. My thinking was SD would be comfortable ahead and run Melvin Gordon all game and SF would be be trailing and throw to Bush. Ugh.

1-3 here also. Big Ben getting hurt really killed A. Brown this week. L. Murray had an off day while Martin and Hill blew up on my bench. Oh well, at least I should have a good waiver wire spot :)

in one of my leagues i'm about to drop to 1-3, and I could easily be 3-1 if i wouldn't make dumb choices.

Last week lost by 1 point, started terrance williams over marvin jones. This week lost by 4 points, started marvin jones over terrance williams.

LOL thats a funny scenario. typical of how it goes.

Sitting at 1-2 and down by 7.8 with Abdullah and Ebron going tonight BUT our league is -3 for any turnovers so I'm a little nervous with those guys playing in Seattle.I can't afford to go 1-3 because division leader is sitting at 4-0 and division guy I'm playing is 2-1.

For the most part I've made the right calls except Doug Martin yesterday :mad: and last week was up by a little over 50 points heading into MNF facing Rodgers and Cobb only to lose by 2.1 to another division opponent.

Also adding to my woes is every damn week I seem to play the owner with FF player of the week.

This week it was Devonta Freeman with his 3 TD's. Last week it was AJ Green with 200+ yards and 2 TD's, and Jamaal Charles and his 3TD day. The week before that it was the Brady and Gronks show and the owner had both. Christ.

Every week I've started the wrong defense, Kicker or someone and it's cost me the match. My team is scoring boatloads of points, they always just seem to be on my bench when they do it!

Sitting at 1-2 and down by 7.8 with Abdullah and Ebron going tonight BUT our league is -3 for any turnovers so I'm a little nervous with those guys playing in Seattle.I can't afford to go 1-3 because division leader is sitting at 4-0 and division guy I'm playing is 2-1.

For the most part I've made the right calls except Doug Martin yesterday :mad: and last week was up by a little over 50 points heading into MNF facing Rodgers and Cobb only to lose by 2.1 to another division opponent.

Bummer. But at least you have a nice Avitar. :shocking:

I own Alshon, McCoy, Coleman, Stafford, Buff D to name a few of the high-ish picks. I'm 2-2 but my team is garbage and trending downward big time..

Probably still better off than me. I have made the playoffs twice in 10 years in my big money league. No matter what my team just turns into a mediocre group with a few good players and a bunch of OK ones. I was 2nd in points heading into this week at 1-2. Of course i play the weeks best team. I will start 1-3 which is what i start every year, having to win a vast majority of games to get back. My qb is meh because freeman and the defense make the team not need to throw all day. My rb2 is a joke. Cooks sucks. Jimmy graham is an average TE. Odell Beckham isnt being targeted. My players seem like better decoys than actual receivers.

Hence why I'm doing a DFS site this year (Fanduel), and NOT a $$$ league this year. (Last year I drafted T. Gerhart as my RB2, and P. Garcon as my WR2 and M. Colston as my WR3.)

Probably still better off than me. I have made the playoffs twice in 10 years in my big money league. No matter what my team just turns into a mediocre group with a few good players and a bunch of OK ones. I was 2nd in points heading into this week at 1-2. Of course i play the weeks best team. I will start 1-3 which is what i start every year, having to win a vast majority of games to get back. My qb is meh because freeman and the defense make the team not need to throw all day. My rb2 is a joke. Cooks sucks. Jimmy graham is an average TE. Odell Beckham isnt being targeted. My players seem like better decoys than actual receivers.

I absolutely hate it when I lose but I had the bench points to come away with the win. It's been musical chairs with my defense all damn season and every week, I pick the wrong one! I should be 3-1 or 2-2 with some better lineup management. Pisses me off.

Oh I got that beat, I drafted D Freeman late in a PPR and after his lackluster week 1 performance and the presence of T Coleman (prior to his injury of course) I stupidly picked up Lance Dunbar and cut Freeman. Now Dunbar is out for the season and Freeman is tearing it up for the person who picked him up. Cost me at least one win this season an probably more to come. Sometimes it pays not to overthink and give your drafted players a chance.

Oh I got that beat, I drafted D Freeman late in a PPR and after his lackluster week 1 performance and the presence of T Coleman (prior to his injury of course) I stupidly picked up Lance Dunbar and cut Freeman. Now Dunbar is out for the season and Freeman is tearing it up for the person who picked him up. Cost me at least one win this season an probably more to come. Sometimes it pays not to overthink and give your drafted players a chance.

That almost always pays, not just sometimes. Three weeks is my general rule. Sometimes I break it, but it's what I aim for. Don't cut bait for three weeks, at least on mid round guys. Late rounders can go sooner.

These misery threads tend to fetch a crop of "I got that beat" posts. Well, here's one that likely tops them all. I can certainly understand it happening once or maybe even twice over the course of a season. But four out of four? As they say on TV, c'mon man!
In Week 4, a middle of the pack team has once again put in a career points performance against my now 0-4 crew, posting yet another weekly league-high score. Ditto for weeks one through three. Yes, every single blessed week of what's fast becoming the Season From Hell, I've managed to find myself on the receiving end of a freak blow-up from an opponent who erupted out of nowhere to post the league's top score. Figure the Vegas odds on this one. C'mon man! Four out of four?
After four weeks there have been a combined 602.55 points scored against my boys by teams that have otherwise struggled to top the century mark on any given Sunday, Thursday or Monday. By comparison, the 4-0 division leader has seen just 333.6 points posted against him, and he remains just 20-some points ahead of me in total points for. C'mon man!
To add insult to agony, every week the "expert consensus" has made me the favorite to win. Comfortably. Until some practice squad WR3 decides to go off and my opponent once again gets to cash the high points check. I've become a sure thing. I'm money in the bank, a freaking fantasy football ATM machine. I've reached the point where I ought to be demanding a cut of this action. It's fair to say my faith in the notion that knowledge and skill outweigh luck when it comes to this fake football thing is crumbling. So really ... C'mon man!

And yeah, "I got that beat."

Not one focking turnover and I still lost :mad:

1-3 and my team has consistently under-performed projections by over 30 points a week since my Week 1 win. I'm in second to last place (would be last if it wasn't for the 0-4 team) in a 14 teamer. I've never missed the playoffs in all my years of doing this and it looks like this is the year that streak will be over. :cry: