Sign in to follow this  
DrG

Martavis

Lol. He is on my bench too. I guess I listened to the writers who said his value isn't high without Ben tossing it. Lol. Oh well, now you know why I am 2-4.

I said it weeks ago, uncoverable.

He barely played the first half for those wondering how he was with Vick.

he didn't do anything when vick was in, how was anyone to know that vick would get hurt and landry jones is so much better at throwing. I am stoked to have Martavious "cheech" Bryant going forward. Have to wonder why Pittsburgh ever thought Vick over Landry was a good idea...

I just traded Lamar Miller for him. I was bummed in the first half, but am feeling much better about it now. Though, I started Kelce over him in a flex.

Outside that catch he didn't do much. He's a boom or bust WR3 IMO

He had a TD and 40 yards before that

And barely played. You obviously haven't seen him play to call him a boom or bust

• Like 1

Best part about his game today , is Brown for next week , this will help Brown as the season goes forward .

He had a TD and 40 yards before that

And barely played. You obviously haven't seen him play to call him a boom or bust

In 10 games last year he had 2 games over a 100 yards. Most his TDs 8 were all with games of 50 yards or less. When I think WR1 I look at the Odell's and Hopkins guys who will get a ton of targets and perform week in and week out. Don't get me wrong Djax might get you a 1,000 yards and 8 TDs but most those yards come in 5 games the other 11 are busts. That's a book or bust player which Bryant is he will never be consistent like an A.Brown with A Big Ben. Mike Wallace,Desean,Bryant,Austin are Boom bust WR...Not my cup of Tea...I'll take edellmen type player any day before those big play guys.

in a little over a half of action, he's gone from people wondering if he should have been drafted to people arguing as to whether or not he should be construed as a WR1. here's the thing: if anyone is thinking he needs to be their WR1, then that team is probably already behind the eight ball. it's the teams who had him stashed as a wr 4 or 5 that are sitting pretty with his return

In 10 games last year he had 2 games over a 100 yards. Most his TDs 8 were all with games of 50 yards or less. When I think WR1 I look at the Odell's and Hopkins guys who will get a ton of targets and perform week in and week out. Don't get me wrong Djax might get you a 1,000 yards and 8 TDs but most those yards come in 5 games the other 11 are busts. That's a book or bust player which Bryant is he will never be consistent like an A.Brown with A Big Ben. Mike Wallace,Desean,Bryant,Austin are Boom bust WR...Not my cup of Tea...I'll take edellmen type player any day before those big play guys.

• Like 1

An Edelman type player? Edelman is a top 5 WR. actually #1 overall to be specific. I would trade Bryant for Edelman also, but after the obvious top 10 WR, he's right there with the Maclin, Matthews, types. A better example would be someone like Jarvis Landry.

my bad Edelman is not # 1 but five in ppr in my league he was projected # 1 for this week. My brain alsways seems a bit fuzzy on Mondays for some reason :dunno:

You do realize he has dressed now for 11 regular season games and you have written the begining, middle and ending of his fantasy potential.....LOL great analysis NOT.

Give me a guy who can catch a fade for a TD or a 10 yard slant and take it to the house on a top 3 defense any day..........all with the Steeler's 3rd stringer (4th if you count Gradkowski out for the year). And I realize you obviously haven't watched the kid play but he will get behind the defense for a long bomb TD as he holds the Steeler record for longest TD ever.

Complete package, but keep your synopsis to 10 games and keep your rating scale to only compare to Odell or Hopkins 15 targets a game cause that is so realistic.

And how many people drafted MB where they took Beckham. Your analysis is top rate. :thumbsdown:

He looks like a young randy moss out there.... Get ready when Ben gets back...

He was on the scout team until week 7 last year then went to score 8 TD's in a half season as a friggin 22 year old.

I'd like to see your analysis of Odell during week 6 of last year...

He looks like a young randy moss out there.... Get ready when Ben gets back...

I really hope so - my team is in desperate need of a young Randy Moss.......

Who said anything about him being a #1? People jumped on you for calling him a boom or bust #3. There is some clear wiggle room between a clear cut #1 and a boom or bust #3.

He did what he did yesterday with a scrub QB. Wait until he gets Ben back in that offense. Clear cut #1? Maybe not, but at least a solid #2. Either way, he could be game changing for many fantasy teams this year.

When Ben returns it will be the reawakening of Mr Brown . Bryant will help because defense will now have another wr to focus on.

He was on the scout team until week 7 last year then went to score 8 TD's in a half season as a friggin 22 year old.

I'd like to see your analysis of Odell during week 6 of last year...

Yup, kid has like 10 TD's in 9 games or something crazy, and the highest YPC in the league. That's why I don't want to get rid of him, despite having Antonio and Ben on one of my teams. What if he is Randy Moss 2.0 ?

There was an unnamed NFL GM who was asked something about the Steelers and Martavis Bryant in the offseason. He said that Bryant is the most physically gifted WR in the league and is comparable to Randy Moss. I wish I could find the exact quote. Yes, I'm sure it was hyperbole, but the kid is for real.

Yup, kid has like 10 TD's in 9 games or something crazy, and the highest YPC in the league. That's why I don't want to get rid of him, despite having Antonio and Ben on one of my teams. What if he is Randy Moss 2.0 ?

There was an unnamed NFL GM who was asked something about the Steelers and Martavis Bryant in the offseason. He said that Bryant is the most physically gifted WR in the league and is comparable to Randy Moss. I wish I could find the exact quote. Yes, I'm sure it was hyperbole, but the kid is for real.

8th best wr stats after first 11 NFL games. It's an impressive list

Well you guys take him as a WR1...He's Desean Jackson that's the type of player he is. I'm not saying DJAX ain't good but IMO I don't like guys who aren't consistent. I like Nelson,Edelmen,Odell,Cooper,Hopkins guys who can run great routes. Not the guy who has 3 catches and 100 yards those guys disappear. Like I said one week he's awesome the next he's no where to be found. Just wait...

Djax is a bad comparison. They both have those boom type plays, but no way desean can make the kind of play martavious made on his first TD, He is half a foot taller. He may not be Randy Moss, but a young Andre Johnson perhaps.

Djax is a bad comparison. They both have those boom type plays, but no way desean can make the kind of play martavious made on his first TD, He is half a foot taller. He may not be Randy Moss, but a young Andre Johnson perhaps.

6'4" / 215 lbs, ran sub 4.4 at pro day and 4.42 at the combine. Good hands, good routes already for a young guy, only 23 yrs old. Displayed great leap and body control on the 8 yd td and you can't miss the speed and moves on the 88 yd catch. And as murf pointed out, he's already among the 8 best in terms of TD's for the first few games of his career.

Andre Johnson haha yea right man. it's funny cause 90 percent of these forums were saying C.Michael is the next AP. SMH...You guys always buy into the hype. Mckinnion is a freak blah blah blah. Hunter the next Aj Green??? Really...I hear this stuff all the time and it's a joke. Bryant at best is a WR2 he will never be a WR1 like A.Johnson.

Stop the silly talk. Best case he ends up putting up Jackson type numbers.

Well you guys take him as a WR1...He's Desean Jackson that's the type of player he is. I'm not saying DJAX ain't good but IMO I don't like guys who aren't consistent. I like Nelson,Edelmen,Odell,Cooper,Hopkins guys who can run great routes. Not the guy who has 3 catches and 100 yards those guys disappear. Like I said one week he's awesome the next he's no where to be found. Just wait...

Nobody took him as a WR1... .He was a late WR2 or WR3. I am expected high end WR2 #'s with some variability.

Pitts passing offense can sustain 2 WR's...

Andre Johnson haha yea right man. it's funny cause 90 percent of these forums were saying C.Michael is the next AP. SMH...You guys always buy into the hype. Mckinnion is a freak blah blah blah. Hunter the next Aj Green??? Really...I hear this stuff all the time and it's a joke. Bryant at best is a WR2 he will never be a WR1 like A.Johnson.

2 years ago Djax went 82/1332/9

That is WR1 every year

Who the heck took him as WR1? LOL you are so naive. No wait, you are so pissed you passed up on MB in the 12th round

He averages just a little over 3 receptions on 5.5 targets a game for 20+ yds a reception and almost a TD a game, and he rarely even got close to playing 50% of the snaps his team had on offense. In his first game back this season he caught 3 passes for 139 yds and 2 TD's from their FOURTH string QB. 32.5 PPR points on a team missing it's probowl qb, probowl center and starting left tackle and using the FOURTH string QB. The Steelers know what the have in him, clearly you don't.

Can I ask what you're looking at to make that call? Something in his game, skill set? I think it's too early to make Moss or even Andre comparisons, but end of this year could show a lot. What do you see that makes you say he'll never be a WR1?

His route running isn't that good. His hands are decent. Those 2 things are HUGE. Will wait and see after a few games to see what Bryant really is. I def think if Brown wasn't getting all the attention he wouldn't be do jack. He's lucky he has Brown and even then he's just gonna be one of those guys who will give u a huge game and then disappear. You guys wouldn't even be talking about him if he didn't make that catch late in the game. He would have been a BUST outside his huge catch. That's my point!!!!

uhhh, Everyone was talking about him last year when he exploded on the scene putting up numbers few rookies ever do, 500 + Yards and 8tds in half a season. He looked great in preseason this year and now in his first game back from smoking a pound of the sweet cheeba, he puts up a monster game with landry freaking jones throwing him the ball. I'm sorry that your first round pick is a bust with out Big Ben, but don't let emotion cloud your judgment.

His route running isn't that good. His hands are decent. Those 2 things are HUGE. Will wait and see after a few games to see what Bryant really is. I def think if Brown wasn't getting all the attention he wouldn't be do jack. He's lucky he has Brown and even then he's just gonna be one of those guys who will give u a huge game and then disappear. You guys wouldn't even be talking about him if he didn't make that catch late in the game. He would have been a BUST outside his huge catch. That's my point!!!!

Bust? He still had 40+ yards and a td before that catch. You complain about the Moss/Andre Johnson hyperbole and then make a ridiculous statement like that. He was playing with nothing qb's and will have Ben coming back. Not sure what you wanted from the guy in his first week back.

He's a difference maker; a trump card. For those of you who say he lacks route skills or just a down field one trick pony, just wait. The kid has been coached up well going into his 2nd year and will be a game changer. Word has it Ben had mentored him through rehab and has full confidence in his ability to get open and praised his football IQ.

He is a big time play maker and if you own Brown , Bryants success helps Brown .

He is a big time play maker and if you own Brown , Bryants success helps Brown .

Agreed. This offense will be near impossible to stop.

the ol' if you take out his big play argument. Tired and stale.

what you fail to accept is you would have to take out all of his big plays to fit your argument. You just can't remove his big plays because it's what he does.

the ol' if you take out his big play argument. Tired and stale.

what you fail to accept is you would have to take out all of his big plays to fit your argument. You just can't remove his big plays because it's what he does.

Amen brother so true great point . Stop trying to find a reason why not to like Bryant game and give him credit for wha the does do .