Sign in to follow this  
track 1

Andrew Luck has regressed this year

There's idiots in every league. But hey, as long as they pay their fees and are active, what does anyone care if they're perennial cellar dwellers? Every league needs them.

He had his best game, looks back to his old self and played well. Zero turnovers. Same exact stat line as Brady, 312 3td, Brady had the only int. Couldn't possibly be more thrilled with Luck as my QB right now. Track is on crack.

He had his best game, looks back to his old self and played well. Zero turnovers. Same exact stat line as Brady, 312 3rd. Couldn't possibly be more thrilled with Luck as my QB right now. Track is on crack.

and he looked good on that little 30 yd scramble late in the game... other than shaking off some rust... i'd feel confident in starting him from here on out

and he looked good on that little 30 yd scramble late in the game... other than shaking off some rust... i'd feel confident in starting him from here on out

That's 3 points right there, huge for a pocket passer.
  • Like 1

For coming back from an injury and how he's looked all season I would say not a bad job tonight. Towards the end of the game his throws started to be terrible with a lot of them being high but found his mark at the end

He needs Andre Johmson to wake up amd make some moderately difficult catches.

• Like 1

Luck had a great game time to use him again going forward .

• Like 1

Luck had a great game time to use him again going forward .

Yup.

He's not playing well but dropping him is stupid.

If by not playing well you mean playing great, then yes. He and Brady had the exact same stat line, 312 3tds. Brady had the 1 int. Dont know how people are down on him after tonite. Looked like a completely different guy compared to first few games. Don't care that they lost, we knew they would. He as well as Gore looked and played great.

Yup.

If by not playing well you mean playing great, then yes. He and Brady had the exact same stat line, 312 3tds. Brady had the 1 int. Dont know how people are down on him after tonite. Looked like a completely different guy compared to first few games. Don't care that they lost, we knew they would. He as well as Gore looked and played great.

He was sailing passes all over the place. Just looking at stat lines is stupid: for example, "the 1 int" Brady had was his receiver's fault. Whereas Luck could've been responsible for about 5 ints last night.

I'm sure he will play better going forward, but no, he didn't play that great last night. Take away the Colts' defensive TD and the garbage time TD at the end and the Colts offense hardly scored for sh1t

• Like 2

There is clearly a mechanical issue in his throwing motion, and it's got to be related to the injury he had. He looked good in the 1st half but seemed to get fatigued in the 2nd half and his passes started sailing on him. I wish I was playing in the league where he's going to be dropped though. Come December and January, when the cold winds start to blow and QB's with weaker arms in bad climates start to tail off, he'll likely be healthy and throwing in the confines of a dome and lighting it up. Despite the somewhat poor showing he put up between 21-27 pts in most league (4pt to 6pt). I'll take that EVERY week from my starter.

:dunno:

• Like 1

He was sailing passes all over the place. Just looking at stat lines is stupid: for example, "the 1 int" Brady had was his receiver's fault. Whereas Luck could've been responsible for about 5 ints last night.

I'm sure he will play better going forward, but no, he didn't play that great last night. Take away the Colts' defensive TD and the garbage time TD at the end and the Colts offense hardly scored for sh1t

Based on the points I recorded with him he was great . He is still nursing a injury but going forward if he is playing in most if not all match ups he is good to go . But now let's wait and see how he comes out of this game health wise .

Yes, take away alot of things and alot of things are alot of ways. Luck played his best game, looked great and is great. Nothin more to say. Scored me over 30 points, end of focking story.

Yes, take away alot of things and alot of things are alot of ways.

LOL

Towards the end of the game his throws started to be terrible with a lot of them being high but found his mark at the end

I was chalking those up to the frustration of the game. Everyone starts to force stuff when you're down by a lot, emotions get high, etc. I didn't see a reason to think that was injury--not that you were saying that, I'm just saying that was understandable. , Favre used to throw out about ten way too high passes at the beginning of each game until he settled down.

As a fantasy starter, Luck is just about back to where he was originally expected to be. His (in)accuracy stretches are concerning (I'm parroting Nate Dunlevy here, but it's hard to find better info/analysis), and 2nd half was mostly poor play, but the Colts defense is absolutely terrible, and the OC is great, so Luck should keep getting points. I bought low on him around the JAX game knowing that missing JAX = missing HOU at least (Ryan and Crow) and will be happy to get the weekly 25+.

As a football player, though, his second-half play was concerning. I'm hoping the "arm tired in second half" proposal is correct, and that he is still recovering.

He needs Andre Johmson to wake up amd make some moderately difficult catches.

Man, I'd like to see that too. Granted, I don't think Andre should see the field over Moncrief, and he's only shown up against HOU, but I was hoping for more.

You can often tell the people that don't watch a lot of games on here by their posts and takes.

Luck producing in a fantasy aspect is not indicative of his errant passes or his inability to hit receivers in stride at times last night. While this is likely (hopefully) a result of his injury and his road to 100% recovery, to brush that off is ridiculous. Simply put, he left a lot of passes out there that either could have extended drives for the Colts, OR (and most importantly) should have been intercepted by New England.

Anyone that rosters him has to hold out hope that he will regain his old form, but as noted above, there is a clear mechanics issue he's having to work out as a result of this injury. His throwing motion is clearly altered from what it was not only years past, but even earlier this season.

As for OP...hello again Giants Fan. :wave:

You can often tell the people that don't watch a lot of games on here by their posts and takes.

Luck producing in a fantasy aspect is not indicative of his errant passes or his inability to hit receivers in stride at times last night. While this is likely (hopefully) a result of his injury and his road to 100% recovery, to brush that off is ridiculous. Simply put, he left a lot of passes out there that either could have extended drives for the Colts, OR (and most importantly) should have been intercepted by New England.

Anyone that rosters him has to hold out hope that he will regain his old form, but as noted above, there is a clear mechanics issue he's having to work out as a result of this injury. His throwing motion is clearly altered from what it was not only years past, but even earlier this season.

As for OP...hello again Giants Fan. :wave:

Watched every snap. He completed 30 passes. He hit plenty of guys with great passes. Gameflow dictated that he have to force it more late, wich in most cases would result in ints. Considering the game situations, he came through with flying colors. Im baffled how people did not see a completely different and back to form Luck last night, it was clear as day. Both offenses moved the ball at will almost all night. Cant wait to see him when hes not playing vs the best minds in football coaching.

Also Track1 is not GF.

Watched every snap.

He!!, I watched some more than once.

Well...really just one play more than once. A bunch of times, actually. Rewind, play, laugh.

Luck wasn't involved in that one.

What were we talking about?

He did what I needed him to do , that's good enough for me . Thank you Mr Luck .

LOL

I was chalking those up to the frustration of the game. Everyone starts to force stuff when you're down by a lot, emotions get high, etc. I didn't see a reason to think that was injury--not that you were saying that, I'm just saying that was understandable. ######, Favre used to throw out about ten way too high passes at the beginning of each game until he settled down.

Yea that is possible. I was thinking maybe his shoulder injury was starting to act up since it was late in the game and all the throwing and banging it around was affecting him

Yea that is possible. I was thinking maybe his shoulder injury was starting to act up since it was late in the game and all the throwing and banging it around was affecting him

It prob was and is still a bit sore. Cant not be after taking hits and throwing 50 times. Too much adrenaline and medication to affect his throws too much tho. after the game yea ill bet it hurt.

Watched every snap. He completed 30 passes. He hit plenty of guys with great passes. Gameflow dictated that he have to force it more late, wich in most cases would result in ints. Considering the game situations, he came through with flying colors. Im baffled how people did not see a completely different and back to form Luck last night, it was clear as day. Both offenses moved the ball at will almost all night. Cant wait to see him when hes not playing vs the best minds in football coaching.

Also Track1 is not GF.

You and I usually agree, but not this time. I've watched him from early on in his college career when our next door neighbors son played with him at Stanford. He did not have his usual accuracy or zip on the ball. Great coaching football minds don't make his release high on more than a handful of plays in the 2nd half. That was about 80% Andrew Luck. But there's the rub, 80% Andrew Luck is still good enough for the points. Dropping the guy is sheer lunacy.

I was never that sold on him in the first place. He always looked "decent" but never much better than that. With such a huge talent gap at the QB position the NFL has no choice but to "pimp" guys like Luck but reality says hes not all "that". It doesnt help that Indy is a bad team overall. He's a tier-2 QB and that may be stretching it.

I was never that sold on him in the first place. He always looked "decent" but never much better than that. With such a huge talent gap at the QB position the NFL has no choice but to "pimp" guys like Luck but reality says hes not all "that". It doesnt help that Indy is a bad team overall. He's a tier-2 QB and that may be stretching it.

Not bashing, I'd like to hear your argument. But do tier 2 QBs go 4761/40/16 over a season?

Not bashing, I'd like to hear your argument. But do tier 2 QBs go 4761/40/16 over a season?

To be fair, Stafford did a few years ago.

This is just dumb.

He's an elite QB who is struggling at the moment, probably due to injury. You can't deny either part of that sentence

This is a young qb that has been nothing short of being very impressive in his short NFL career .

To be fair, Stafford did a few years ago.

Fair point. I consider Stafford a former Tier 1 who has gotten worse. I don't think his good year(s) was just luck or system. He was very good. Not right now. But I'd phrase it that he was a Tier 1 then in terms of skill.