Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Bad trader guy

Every league has a guy that sends the worst most god awful trade offers. The guy in my league literally sends 3 for 1s all the time with the thinking these 3 guys have outscored your one guy. Trouble is if I wanted those 3 guys I would have picked them up off the waivers like he did. I will not be asking him back next year. How do you guys deal with this?

I don't think there's anything wrong with that...just that it's annoying. As long as he's not cheating or colluding. Like you already said, ever league has that one guy...

I just can't take it anymore. He will not stop and its not just with me. If he were a rookie I could understand but he is not. He will never accept a fair trade that helps both teams. The ONLY way he accepts a trade is if he thinks he is focking you over. The only trades he sends are ones that fock you over. No value to his offers at all. It has got so bad we call bad trade offers now a "dennis"

Since you brought it up....what constitutes a bad trade offer? I usually draft well and work the ww well, so I will quite often trade my depth for quality if I can. My goal by season end is to trade away team that above average top to bottom for a handful of studs. I lucked into McFadden in my work league and would like to trade him, but to some he's ww flotsam-jetsam, and to others he's possible RB gold. What's a starting (granted, likely for a short time before he gets hurt) RB behind a good line worth?

As a commish, unless the guy is pestering people with those lopsided trade offers, I don't sweat it too much. If he's managing his team well, trying to compete and most importantly paying $$$ then you kind of have to put up with people's "quirks".

I just can't take it anymore. He will not stop and its not just with me. If he were a rookie I could understand but he is not. He will never accept a fair trade that helps both teams. The ONLY way he accepts a trade is if he thinks he is focking you over. The only trades he sends are ones that fock you over. No value to his offers at all. It has got so bad we call bad trade offers now a "dennis"

Different story. If he's pissing people off because of the trades, then I say give him the heave-ho. Fantasy football is both fun AND serious. If he's killing the spirit of both, there's no use for him.

• Like 1

Since you brought it up....what constitutes a bad trade offer? I usually draft well and work the ww well, so I will quite often trade my depth for quality if I can. My goal by season end is to trade away team that above average top to bottom for a handful of studs. I lucked into McFadden in my work league and would like to trade him, but to some he's ww flotsam-jetsam, and to others he's possible RB gold. What's a starting (granted, likely for a short time before he gets hurt) RB behind a good line worth?

As a commish, unless the guy is pestering people with those lopsided trade offers, I don't sweat it too much. If he's managing his team well, trying to compete and most importantly paying $$$ then you kind of have to put up with people's "quirks".

The last offer to ME was My Gurley and E.Sanders for his West and Duke johnson. I would not trade Gurley for west and Johnson straight up. Let alone 2 for 2. Shittt like this is what is going to get him kicked out. Also that is one of his better trades.

Haha wow, that is a little bad. Does anyone ever accept? If so, has it always turned out that Dennis screwed the other guy (allowing the benefit of hindsight, I mean - e.g., a guy who receives a pre-breakout Barnridge for Graham isn't "screwed over" using hindsight)?

Does he offer explanations, or just throw trades at you? I've tried talking with guys, validating any effort on their part (e.g., a guy tried to trade Jones to me, and I have been sitting on Adams, so I complimented that), and explaining what it would take or what I look for, etc. It doesn't seem to help.

I have seen two trader types:

-Win-only traders: These guys offer trades that are predicated on the belief that they know more than you do, or that there is some preference or name value to be taken advantage of. They aren't necessarily Dennis, but I've noticed I can never trade with one.

-Fair traders: I put myself here. These players work hard to trade (when initiating), and for every offer they send, they decided against 3. We go for win-win trades, or trades that make rational sense for the other team. I also include recipients who will accept reasonable trades in here, or counter reasonable offers with other reasonable offers.

Most leagues, of course, are composed primarily of non-traders.

Different story. If he's pissing people off because of the trades, then I say give him the heave-ho. Fantasy football is both fun AND serious. If he's killing the spirit of both, there's no use for him.

Agree completely. This is also why I try not to respond to bad offers with immediate rejection or absurd counter-offers (also, it takes a day or so sometimes to try to up-value the other team's players while fighting bias for my own, to properly evaluate).

The last offer to ME was My Gurley and E.Sanders for his West and Duke johnson. I would not trade Gurley for west and Johnson straight up. Let alone 2 for 2. Shittt like this is what is going to get him kicked out. Also that is one of his better trades.

Wow. Time for his ass to go. I'm pretty forgiving, but if that was one of his best...

Full PPR? And you're hurting at RB during the STL BY---oh wait, they've already had their BYE. Yeah, I've got nothin' to defend that.

Edit: Are you stacked at WR but thin at RB?

:doh:

Ok, then I'm with you. Guys like that can ruin things.

Last year in my work league we had a guy who was in a bad spot with his roster late in the season on a Monday night. He had to have a win to stay in playoff race and was forced to drop a good player who was on bye because his entire roster was locked from the Sunday games. So of course that player goes waivers and who is first in the waiver order? The team with the best record in the league.

Another guy in the league gets pissed because it looks like the team in the pinch was "giving" one of his good players to best team. He promptly drops his best player (Aaron Rodgers) in protest. Commish reverses it. He drops ALL his best players and says it's "his team to manage as he wishes". Commish puts them all back and locks his team. He doesn't get invited back this year of course, which is awkward since he sits roughly 10 ft away from 6 guys in the league. Moral to the story: Sh!theads can take the fun out of anything!

Wow. Time for his ass to go. I'm pretty forgiving, but if that was one of his best...

Full PPR? And you're hurting at RB during the STL BY---oh wait, they've already had their BYE. Yeah, I've got nothin' to defend that.

Edit: Are you stacked at WR but thin at RB?

I am actually stacked at all my positions. The only place I have any weakness is my flex where I rotate Hillman, diggs, Rashard matthews, matt jones, charles simms. in a ppr. My flex is still getting me 18- 25 points a game though. I have no real need to trade with him. I was trying to get gronk at the start of the season but he wanted everyone on my team. I hooked into barnbridge after his first good game and have rode him every since and no longer want gronk for the price he asks.

:doh:

Ok, then I'm with you. Guys like that can ruin things.

Last year in my work league we had a guy who was in a bad spot with his roster late in the season on a Monday night. He had to have a win to stay in playoff race and was forced to drop a good player who was on bye because his entire roster was locked from the Sunday games. So of course that player goes waivers and who is first in the waiver order? The team with the best record in the league.

Another guy in the league gets pissed because it looks like the team in the pinch was "giving" one of his good players to best team. He promptly drops his best player (Aaron Rodgers) in protest. Commish reverses it. He drops ALL his best players and says it's "his team to manage as he wishes". Commish puts them all back and locks his team. He doesn't get invited back this year of course, which is awkward since he sits roughly 10 ft away from 6 guys in the league. Moral to the story: Sh!theads can take the fun out of anything!

The way to stop that is to not have a waiver order. Whoever bids the most gets the player regardless of record.

Plus the guy who had to drop was kind of dumb to wait that long to drop the guy, unless there were extenuating circumstances that didn't allow him to drop anybody else earlier.

Every league has a guy that sends the worst most god awful trade offers. The guy in my league literally sends 3 for 1s all the time with the thinking these 3 guys have outscored your one guy. Trouble is if I wanted those 3 guys I would have picked them up off the waivers like he did. I will not be asking him back next year. How do you guys deal with this?

My brother and I started a league with his two boys when they were 10 or 11, to teach them FFB, and just for laughs and a way to hang out (we don't live in the same state). Just the four of us.

These were the sort of trade offers I would get:

I give Aaron Rodgers.

I get Leonard Hankerson.

Comment with trade: I love you, Uncle Brotherbock!!!!!

:doublethumbsup: :doh: :blink:

Does anyone ever call the guy out on his bs trades? I mean, maybe he doesn't think they are bad so he keeps trying. Maybe address the guy. I send out a lot of offers as well as others in my league and I don't send my best offer right off the bat, but I do send messages with my offers (unlike most in my league).

Call him out on the league message board and implore him over and over not to send you any more trade requests.

Beyond that, kick him out.

Just be a man and don't accept the deal , next season don't invite this person back .

We have a owner that is a all round jerk. Makes bad trade offers, wines, complain, brags, talks all kinds of trash, the most annoying things you can think of he does them all. Just a all round jerk, but that's his strategy. He gets under peoples skin and they make bone head mistakes trying to beat him. Everyone knows it and most still fall for it. If you are playing him Sunday morning expect a phone call or text. He will make you question and second guess your line up. He got one owner so mad he benched his best player just to show the jerk he could beat him without his stud.

You should have everyone in the league just go silent on him for a few weeks

He will go nuts when he can't get a rise out of anyone

• Like 1

Yes, really stupid trade offers are annoying and even insulting. But a guy like that is worth keeping around for the entertainment value. I'll guarantee that when you get one of those ridiculous offers you immediately contact a couple other guys in the league to tell them the pile of garbage you were offered for one of your studs. It's fun commiserating about how oblivious the guy is. Keep him around. He's worth his weight in gold.

Different managers have different values for players and some might be far from what you would expect.

Last year in my keeper league I offered Peterson (on suspension) and Asiata for Foster. It was like week 10 and he was out of contention and I was in the playoff hunt. I thought it was a very fair trade, helpful to both teams. He ridiculed me and offered his kicker for my entire team.

Anyway I made the plaoffs anyway and flash forward one year and he should have made that trade!

Moral is you never know how much a manager values a player.

With that said, I always "pull a Dennis" on my first trade offer and then when it's refused, I pony up a little more.

Different managers have different values for players and some might be far from what you would expect.

Last year in my keeper league I offered Peterson (on suspension) and Asiata for Foster. It was like week 10 and he was out of contention and I was in the playoff hunt. I thought it was a very fair trade, helpful to both teams. He ridiculed me and offered his kicker for my entire team.

Anyway I made the plaoffs anyway and flash forward one year and he should have made that trade!

Moral is you never know how much a manager values a player.

With that said, I always "pull a Dennis" on my first trade offer and then when it's refused, I pony up a little more.

Keeper/Dynasty leagues are different. What's trash today can be treasure tomorrow, or vice versa. But your point is a good one. Had I gotten Stefon Diggs off WW I likely would have offered him as a trade after his first good week for a solid RB if I could to someone who was WR needy...that would have been a big mistake. Devonta Freeman was waiver wire fodder before he became the back driving teams toward championships.

Keeper/Dynasty leagues are different. What's trash today can be treasure tomorrow, or vice versa. But your point is a good one. Had I gotten Stefon Diggs off WW I likely would have offered him as a trade after his first good week for a solid RB if I could to someone who was WR needy...that would have been a big mistake. Devonta Freeman was waiver wire fodder before he became the back driving teams toward championships.

But results no one expected doesn't mean that the trade offer, at the moment, is a reasonable one.

And yes, people put different value on different players. But that doesn't mean that there still aren't ridiculous trades. Spongeballer, your example doesn't mean that, say, a Brady for Rawls offer is in any way a reasonable trade. There's no one out there whose subjective values make that a good offer.

There are indeed a range of offers that should be considered reasonable, but that stil leaves room for the existence of Dennis offers that just p!ss people off.

he got called out today. not by me. "dennis. stop sending me shitt trade offers I'm never going to accept." lol

I would like to update you with his latest bad trader guy proposal. He proposes I give him Deangalo williams for the epic star that is Donte moncrief. Now keep in mind I have cooper, maclin, diggs, sanders, matthews and can only start 3. So I would be giving up a rb1 for what amounts to someone i would not even start on my team. Sounds good......where can I sign up.

I would like to update you with his latest bad trader guy proposal. He proposes I give him Deangalo williams for the epic star that is Donte moncrief. Now keep in mind I have cooper, maclin, diggs, sanders, matthews and can only start 3. So I would be giving up a rb1 for what amounts to someone i would not even start on my team. Sounds good......where can I sign up.

Cooper has a bad matchup this weekend, Maclin is on bye, Diggs is due for an off week, Sanders is 2nd fiddle, Matthews is utterly inconsistent. And DeAngelo Williams is waiver wire trash anyway.

I can see where this benefits you. I say do it!

:rolleyes:

While on the subject...

Team A offers D. Walker/D. McFadden/B. Cooks to Team B for Gronkowski/Dez Bryant. Team B is hurting at RB and WR. Fair ?

You guys do IDP?

Pick up DeAngelo Hall and offer him up for Moncrief. See what happens.

Team A offers D. Walker/D. McFadden/B. Cooks to Team B for Gronkowski/Dez Bryant. Team B is hurting at RB and WR. Fair ?

Hold on, let me take a look into Hel!.

Nope, there's no way there. No way in hel! :)

Hold on, let me take a look into Hel!.

Nope, there's no way there. No way in hel! :)

Care to explain? By "stats" it benefits both teams, as both get additional points. Team A (4-4 for what it's worth) gets the best TE in the league but assumes the risk of Dez not being healthy or even possible useful until Romo returns, which is potentially week 11. Team B (2-5) gets 3 plug and play starters and which might be enough for a playoff run.

I would just mock him on the league message board like "look what BS this guy just offered me".

If he continues to offer bad trades all around, you all should mock him in the "Weekly bad trade offer thread".

if he doesn't get the point then boot him.

Care to explain? By "stats" it benefits both teams, as both get additional points. Team A (4-4 for what it's worth) gets the best TE in the league but assumes the risk of Dez not being healthy or even possible useful until Romo returns, which is potentially week 11. Team B (2-5) gets 3 plug and play starters and which might be enough for a playoff run.

Oh, I'm sorry man. I honestly thought you were piling on with the bad trade thing. My bad. :)

Seriously, that did look like a very bad trade to me from the start. Looking further, I guess Walker has put up moderate points, looking at my 0.5 pt ppr league. McFadden is doing well, just lost competition in Randle, and Cooks has had one okay and two good weeks over the last four.

But Gronk is matchup proof, and far far above Walker. That's a huge downgrade, and not even looking at the head coach change uncertainty. Cooks is a buy high guy if I ever saw one. Do you think Brees is going to have games like that every week? When was the last time, since around 09, that a Saints receiver has been reliable?

Dez is back from injury and without Romo, sure. But Dez with Cassell will equal Cooks, I think, with a higher ceiling against bad D. McFadden is imo still a big injury risk.

You're at best even at WR, at worst a big downgrade once Romo is back, a huge downgrade at TE, for an injury-prone RB who admittedly is doing well.

So it's not as bad, looking at stats, as I thought right away. But I wouldn't pull the trigger. Who are your other RBs, btw?

• Like 1

Cooper has a bad matchup this weekend, Maclin is on bye, Diggs is due for an off week, Sanders is 2nd fiddle, Matthews is utterly inconsistent. And DeAngelo Williams is waiver wire trash anyway.

I can see where this benefits you. I say do it!

:rolleyes:

While on the subject...

This is one of those, "THIS is why we don't allow trade vetoes!" trades. First response (like above) makes it look awful. A closer look, though, and only a few concerns/questions arise regarding Team B's decision (this is, of course, not even within miles of a trade that should be put to a vote):

-Does team B have CMike?

-Does team B have an option for the NO BYE in week 11?

If team B is stuck starting a RB2/3 or worse + a RBpoop, and has no legit shot at Langford/Williams, then I think Team B should really consider it. Have to win now at 2-5. If Team B has a Yeldon + a Thompson (in PPR or .5PPR), then this isn't enough - WR needs to be better.

This is one of those, "THIS is why we don't allow trade vetoes!" trades. First response (like above) makes it look awful. A closer look, though, and only a few concerns/questions arise regarding Team B's decision (this is, of course, not even within miles of a trade that should be put to a vote):

-Does team B have CMike?

If team B is stuck starting a RB2/3 or worse + a RBpoop, and has no legit shot at Langford/Williams, then I think Team B should really consider it. Have to win now at 2-5. If Team B has a Yeldon + a Thompson (in PPR or .5PPR), then this isn't enough - WR needs to be better.

Solid eval, Battleship. (Never typed those words before)

Go punch him in the face in front of his wife and children!!!! The nerve of that guy, IT is definitely very hard to press the reject button on the computer to make the trade go away!

Even if the trade offers are really that bad, its not worth getting fired up over. It would give me a good laugh when I read them, then I would reject and move on. IF the guy pays his money who is he hurting? If you get so upset over fantasy football trade offers maybe its time to take a break, just saying.

Go punch him in the face in front of his wife and children!!!! The nerve of that guy, IT is definitely very hard to press the reject button on the computer to make the trade go away!

Even if the trade offers are really that bad, its not worth getting fired up over. It would give me a good laugh when I read them, then I would reject and move on. IF the guy pays his money who is he hurting? If you get so upset over fantasy football trade offers maybe its time to take a break, just saying.

So is your claim that it's somehow a problem, or 'over the top', for someone to vent online about someone else who is frustrating him?

It seems like you're actually the one who's overreacting about OP's post. I think you're reading him as being far more upset about this than his post implies. Does he really seem 'fired up' about this? Seems to me like he's rolling his eyes, laughing about it, but still wishing it would stop. Because yeah, it would bother me too. So do people who don't update rosters, who play guys on bye weeks, who don't respond to trades. I don't get as upset about those things as you seem to think this guy is getting, but that doesn't mean it's somehow wrong to vent about it. Relax man.

-Does team B have CMike?

Rosters:

Team A (4-4):

QB: B Roethlisberger, T Taylor

RB: C Ivory, D McFadden, L Miller, L Murray, J Hill, T Riddick,

WR: A Brown, A Cooper, B Cooks, B Lafell

TE: D Walker

Team B (3-5):

QB: D Carr, T Romo, J McCown

RB: A Abdullah, A Ellington, J Starks,

WR: D Bryant, E Sanders, J Brown, D Baldwin, J Crowder

TE: Gronkowski

Team B is 7th out of 12 teams in WW, Team A is 11th, so neither will get much assistance there. Team B is the 2nd lowest scoring team in the league but still only 1 game out of playoffs, but faces tough bye week with 2 of the 3 RB's on bye, leaving only Starks.