Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

NFC Wildcard - Seahawks at Vikings Game Thread

Line: SEA -4

Total: 39.5

Last Meeting: Wk 13: SEA 38, MIN 7

Weather: High of 3 degrees for Sunday

Key Injuries: Marshawn Lynch (abdomen) is expected to play and should jump right back in to the starting role. TE Luke Willson (concussion) hasn't practiced and is very questionable. Adrian Peterson (back) didn't practice Thursday but I can't imagine him missing this game.

I'm going to turn my air conditioning on, sit on a block of ice, and drink moonshine to get in the spirit of this game

• Like 1

Line: KC -4

This Chiefs hype is out of control!
  • Like 1

Interesting weather related tidbit about the stadium:

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- When the Minnesota Vikings prepared to move into TCF Bank Stadium for two years, they did a temperature study of the stadium that led them to switch from the south sideline -- where the University of Minnesota football team sets up at the stadium -- to the north sideline. Because of the shadows created by the press box and the suites on the south side of the stadium, the Vikings figured the north sideline would be sunnier, and therefore warmer, during cold-weather games late in the season.

What they didn't know is exactly how big a difference it would make.......and found there was a 20-degree difference between the north and south sidelines, coach Mike Zimmer said.

http://espn.go.com/blog/minnesota-vikings/post/_/id/11392/vikings-found-20-degree-difference-in-sideline-temperatures-vs-panthers

Wow. This guy is different character for sure. The Seattle Times is reporting that he participated fully in practice today and was shooting hoops with the team afterwards. He really suffered a setback? Hmmm...

My first thoughts were either he was worried about how the cold might affect him post-surgery or he remembered he was an Oakland boy that didn't want to play in the cold, especially considering he probably knows he is out of Seattle after the season.

Wow. This guy is different character for sure. The Seattle Times is reporting that he participated fully in practice today and was shooting hoops with the team afterwards. He really suffered a setback? Hmmm...

It's a major injury. He can run drills but as soon as he get yanked around it's a crap shoot. I wouldn't be surprised if they put him on IR.

I was seeing that he was doing great full practice and now he is out , mmmm interesting situation .

Lynch and Willson will be the only guys of need not suiting up. Everyone else is back in.

I'm gonna go Seattle 23 and Minnesota 12

There was ZERO chance Lynch was going to play this year after that hernia surgery.

My boss had that surgery. He was wrecked for a long time. No physical stress allowed. Imagine trying to run in an NFL game with it.

My boss had that surgery. He was wrecked for a long time. No physical stress allowed. Imagine trying to run in an NFL game with it.

Oh ya, I had it end of October. It's no focking joke.

Seattle in this cold will be interesting.

Agree with you , im picking the Seahawks to win but this game was the hardest for me to pick , I can easily see the Vikings winning this matchup .

Agree with you , im picking the Seahawks to win but this game was the hardest for me to pick , I can easily see the Vikings winning this matchup .

No chance. SEA is going to demolish MIN. They may even skunk MIN.

OH I'd make a bet they don't

We both know the odds of a skunk are far worse than the odds of MIN scoring - and I'd bet you, with some agreed upon odds determined.

You'd have to look back at they past 20 years of playoff games, and figure out what percentage of teams are actually skunked. I think it's appropriate the bet be something like 25 to 1.

So my $10 to your $250 that SEA skunks MIN? :lol:

We both know the odds of a skunk are far worse than the odds of MIN scoring - and I'd bet you, with some agreed upon odds determined.

You'd have to look back at they past 20 years of playoff games, and figure out what percentage of teams are actually skunked. I think it's appropriate the bet be something like 25 to 1.

So my $10 to your $250 that SEA skunks MIN? :lol:

20 bucks?

I'll put $50 right now that Minnesota doesn't get skunked.

Paypal. Cash. Check. Google Wallet. Whatever's clever. No. Way.

I don't think the weather will bother Seattle. It's not exactly delightful in Seattle in December. They are used to playing in some nasty weather outdoors.

Plus they just reported that the field is heated so no ice. Looks like the weather won't be an issue.

The thing about weather is...both teams have to play in it. This will only be the 4th game in NFL history that kickoffs with a temperature below 0° F. I don't care where you play your home games. Cold is cold. And then there's the stuff they're playing in today

I don't think the weather will bother Seattle. It's not exactly delightful in Seattle in December. They are used to playing in some nasty weather outdoors.

The Seahawks have NEVER played a game this cold, and are 3-10 in franchise history in games colder than 30 degrees (0-2 in the past 5 years).

The thing about weather is...both teams have to play in it. This will only be the 4th game in NFL history that kickoffs with a temperature below 0° F. I don't care where you play your home games. Cold is cold. And then there's the stuff they're playing in today

I think it will only effect the kickers. That ball will be a rock. Better keep a special kicker ball warm if that's legal.

The Seahawks have NEVER played a game this cold, and are 3-10 in franchise history in games colder than 30 degrees (0-2 in the past 5 years).

Ask Eagles fans about the cold statistic when it came to the NFC championship against the Bucs.

Ask Eagles fans about the cold statistic when it came to the NFC championship against the Bucs.

It's very possible (even likely) the Seahawks change that. What I'm saying is Seattle cold and Minneapolis cold are VERY different things.

20 bucks?

You understand what I offered, right? It would be my $20 to your $500. You guys overreacted regardless. I said 'could'.

Meaning: play the under, because I think the Seahawks are going to stifle MIN.

I'll put $50 right now that Minnesota doesn't get skunked.

Paypal. Cash. Check. Google Wallet. Whatever's clever. No. Way.

That would be your $50 to my $1250.

You understand what I offered, right? It would be my $20 to your $500. You guys overreacted regardless. I said 'could'.

Meaning: play the under, because I think the Seahawks are going to stifle MIN.

I hammered the under. Cold like this probably means the furthest field goal we'll see is 46-49 yards. Coaches probably will play a bit more risky near that dead zone between the 40 yard lines.

Inactives

Seahawks: CB Tye Smith, RB Marshawn Lynch, OLB Kevin Pierre-Louis, OG Mark Glowinksi, OL Kristjan Sokoli, TE Luke Willson, DT AJ Francis

Vikings: DT Kenrick Ellis, QB Taylor Heinick, WR Charles Johnson, LB Brandon Watts, C Nick Easton, OT Jeremiah Sirles, DE Zach Moore

Going to enjoy this one. Let's see if Peterson can will this team to a win in the weather or if Seattle is just too much for them as a whole.

Taking Min and the under...

I think I can already conclude that I was wrong; MIN moved the ball pretty well in that first drive. Things like that can change, of course, but right now I cannot see them being shut out.