Sign in to follow this  
petekrum

Who won't be back

It's an absolute given that at least 4 and probably more teams that made this years playoffs won't be back next year. Which teams do you see not making it back next year?

Redskins

Vikings

Texans

Broncos

It's tough to say without seeing schedules. Don't doubt the power of being in a sagging division. Zimmer is a good coach even though the offense needs to grow a pair / upgrade their 'explosiveness' since Green Bay can't be terrible for half a season every season forever. They're the ones I believe the least. Them and kc.

Kirko still hasn't beaten many if any good teams. But with the Giants potentially being someone less predictable/organized, that division is still ripe for a 9-7 division winner. The Cowboys staring in the face of rolling with Jonathan Football and a 1-foot-having Dez...scary. I'm a known Tony apologist, but he might be done. And who know what Philly is gonna end up being of they try to do everything over/dechip their roster.

And depending on who you ask, the afc south is on the rise, but I'm not falling for that one just yet. There's some ultra questionable front offices in that one. The jags seem to be on the up, but they've been absurdly unlucky with injuries and Bortles...I see the stats, but I also see some supremely bad decisions/throws mixed in.

Baltimore not having their whole team go on ir should give them a shot of pushing an afc team out.

It's tough to say without seeing schedules. Don't doubt the power of being in a sagging division. Zimmer is a good coach even though the offense needs to grow a pair / upgrade their 'explosiveness' since Green Bay can't be terrible for half a season every season forever. They're the ones I believe the least. Them and kc.

Kirko still hasn't beaten many if any good teams. But with the Giants potentially being someone less predictable/organized, that division is still ripe for a 9-7 division winner. The Cowboys staring in the face of rolling with Jonathan Football and a 1-foot-having Dez...scary. I'm a known Tony apologist, but he might be done. And who know what Philly is gonna end up being of they try to do everything over/dechip their roster.

And depending on who you ask, the afc south is on the rise, but I'm not falling for that one just yet. There's some ultra questionable front offices in that one. The jags seem to be on the up, but they've been absurdly unlucky with injuries and Bortles...I see the stats, but I also see some supremely bad decisions/throws mixed in.

Baltimore not having their whole team go on ir should give them a shot of pushing an afc team out.

Chiefs 2016 opponents:

HOME (playoff teams in bold): Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, New York Jets, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

AWAY (playoff teams in bold): Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers

Obviously a lot changes year to year, but this doesn't look that intimidating. Key for the chiefs will be resigning some key free agents including Derrick Johnson, Dontari Poe, Sean Smith, Eric Berry and a couple other starters.

Next year I'm guessing Chiefs win the division and Raiders earn a wild card. Dolts and Donks suck it.

The 6 from the NFC won't repeat' it never happens.

Force me to choose NFC and I'll give you Seattle.

I know. Crazy.

Redskins out - Cowboys or Giants win division

Vikings out - That's the Packers division overall right now, and Chicago, Detroit, and Minnesota just take turns being the other decent team.

Texans - Teams don't make the playoffs starting 4-5 QBs. Hoyer isn't the answer. Anyone they get will need to grow.

Broncos - I think Manning is gone, and I think Osweiller is only average to above average in his first full year starting. And unsure what Von Miller will do, but if he leaves and with Ware getting up there, the pass rush will fall off...etc

Too easy really.

• Like 1

It's an absolute given that at least 4 and probably more teams that made this years playoffs won't be back next year. Which teams do you see not making it back next year?

Redskins

Broncos

What in the NFC East makes you think the Skins can't repeat and be better next year? Cousins is starting to figure it out and you have to think they will only build on what they have. No guarantees Romo comes back 100%, or can stay healthy. The Iggs - have to believe they will be a mystery with a new coaching staff.. And Eli - anyone trust him not a Giants' homer?

I think Osweiller could be the real deal - at the very least a legit NFL Qb... I think they will be just fine too.

Panthers

Redskins

Chiefs

Texans

Vikings They always blow it

Broncos QB can on throw up to 30 yards taking away their long threat with Thomas

I think the Texans will be back if they don't have the injuries. Dalton was pretty good this year with Hopkins and a good RB

Redskins ?

What in the NFC East makes you think the Skins can't repeat and be better next year? Cousins is starting to figure it out and you have to think they will only build on what they have. No guarantees Romo comes back 100%, or can stay healthy. The Iggs - have to believe they will be a mystery with a new coaching staff.. And Eli - anyone trust him not a Giants' homer?

I think Osweiller could be the real deal - at the very least a legit NFL Qb... I think they will be just fine too.

I'll make the Redskins the individual favorite, but the field is a heavy favorite over the Skins. Here are some fun facts for you: There hasn't been an NFC East repeat champion since 2003-2004.

Well, that's the only fact I have. Now some opinions: If healthy and clicking, I still think Cousins falls behind Romo and Eli in the pecking order. I'd almost put the Redskins last in terms of overall roster talent. As is, weren't all 4 teams alive with 3 weeks to go.

Redskins 35%

Cowboys 30%

Giants 20%

Eagles 15%

That's science. Redskins are the favorite, but won't repeat.

I'll make the Redskins the individual favorite, but the field is a heavy favorite over the Skins. Here are some fun facts for you: There hasn't been an NFC East repeat champion since 2003-2004.

That's science. Redskins are the favorite, but won't repeat.

If I had to bet, I'd also say they prolly won't repeat either... But I'd hardly say they have no shot - they have just as much as anyone else.

So if you trust Eli you're a homer. But if you trust Romo or Cousins you're not. Good grief man.

So if you trust Eli you're a homer. But if you trust Romo or Cousins you're not. Good grief man.

Once again - way over your head. Prolly should stick to something else.

I could see lots of teams failing to make the playoffs next year. Basically everyone except the Panthers, Patriots and Seahawks.

The uncertainty at head coach with two of the teams in the NFC East has to factor in here. I don't know why people are thinking the Redskins cannot win the NFC East again next year given the current dynamic of that division. They have the fewest question marks by far.

I'd say:

Denver: This is two-fold. One, I think the Chiefs can win that division. Two...the pending free agents. I'm guessing Von Miller gets the franchise tag and Osweiler gets a long term deal. But still, that means they might not retain Trevathan and/or Brandon Marshall. I think that defense takes a step back TBH.

Texans: Stability at QB is the primary reason to me. I don't know if they'll draft one, but they have to get one this offseason. Until that happens, I don't trust them.

Minnesota: Another year of wear on AP's legs. They have some pieces, but honestly outside of Diggs that offense doesn't have a lot of playmakers. McKinnon isn't bad, but I just don't see Theodore as a big time playmaker. The defense is set up nicely though. They're back to being in a dome, so I wonder if it takes a bit of time to figure out the nuances of their home stadium.

Pittsburgh: Snuck in through the backdoor and are doing it with duct tape and mirrors. Any team with Roethlisberger can be a contender, but their second place schedule will include matchups with Indy, KC, and NYJ. The AFC Wild Card next year could play out almost the same as this year. Chaos until the final gun sounds.

Force me to choose NFC and I'll give you Seattle.

I know. Crazy.

I would bet an enormous sum of money Washington won't be back. They're gonna lose three wins just going from a last place to a first place schedule.

If I had to bet, I'd also say they prolly won't repeat either... But I'd hardly say they have no shot - they have just as much as anyone else.

Just going from the last place schedule they got to play this year to the first place schedule they will play next year will kill them. This year they got to play the last place team from every other NFC division, and I believe they won all three, next year they will play the other three NFC division winners,...Panthers, Vikings, and Cardinals, which is probably three beatings. They also get the Packers, Bengals, Steelers, and Ravens. Brutal schedule. They won't win 7 games, book it.

Just going from the last place schedule they got to play this year to the first place schedule they will play next year will kill them. This year they got to play the last place team from every other NFC division, and I believe they won all three, next year they will play the other three NFC division winners,...Panthers, Vikings, and Cardinals, which is probably three beatings. They also get the Packers, Bengals, Steelers, and Ravens. Brutal schedule. They won't win 7 games, book it.

The only teams that they play that are different than any other team in the NFC East is Carolina and Arizona.

Yeah they appear to be tough games, but the date and health of all teams involved will determine that as it gets closer. As was the case this year...do you really expect the other teams in the NFC East to be THAT much better?

Redskins

Vikings

Texans

Broncos

Redskins for sure, would be the only ones I would scratch off the list.

Texans tough to say if they can find a QB they could compete in that division.

Vikings are a good improving team, they'll still compete.

Broncos, again tough to say depends on who they keep and how much their backup QB can improve next year.

I too am not so sure the Redskins are a given not to make the playoffs. Cousins has some toys to play with. Their defense is better than both NY and Philly.

I can agree with Denver, but they don't have much competition.

I don't care for Minny and I hate Bengals so I can agree on those two.