31 Aaron Rowand
32 Pat Burrell
33 Freddy Sanchez
34 Arthur Rhodes
35 Julio Lugo
36 Danys Baez

http://www.baseball-reference.com/awards/hof_2017.shtml
Players in bold are 1st year on ballot.
Others are in order of percentage of votes they received last year.
Pudge seems the only lock and probably Bagwell.
Manny won't get in which is focking outrageous
How Bagwell gets in and not Kent is a travesty.

If I had a vote, I would vote for:

Jeff Bagwell

Roger Clemens

Barry Bonds

Ivan Rodriguez

Manny Ramirez

Pudge jumps out. Will have to look up Vlad and a few others.

sosa got 7% last year :lol:

voters should be embarrassed

If I had a vote, I would vote for:

Jeff Bagwell

Roger Clemens

Barry Bonds

Ivan Rodriguez

Manny Ramirez

i've unignored you.

Solid list.

I'd just add Kent

you can't convince me bagpipes is clean and kent isnt

sadly because he was a Yankee forever, Posada is going to receive a ton of votes

List of Yankees besides Rizzuto who shouldn't be in? I have a few who maybe should.

List of Yankees besides Rizzuto who shouldn't be in? I have a few who maybe should.

I've never seen any of them play that are in, I have no opinion either way.

eta: I guess I saw reggie play some but he only played how many years with the yankees?

I have no idea, honestly, I just know Tino Martinez has got at least 1 too many votes

Pudge

Raines

On the fence w/Schilling and Hoffman.

so you're anti-steroids obviously.

you know for a fact Pudge who played with Canseco, JuanGon and Aroid didn't do them? Laughable

so you're anti-steroids obviously.

you know for a fact Pudge who played with Canseco, JuanGon and Aroid didn't do them? Laughable

I'm not oblivious to it. But I'm also not blind to the fact that "those" guys are not getting in anytime soon... Seeing how, I'm not wasting a vote on them until it becomes apparent they are.

I'm not oblivious to it. But I'm also not blind to the fact that "those" guys are not getting in anytime soon... Seeing how, I'm not wasting a vote on them until it becomes apparent they are.

:thumbsup:

I've never seen any of them play that are in, I have no opinion either way.

eta: I guess I saw reggie play some but he only played how many years with the yankees?

5. Some more are on the way.

For sure:

Pudge

Hoffman

I could be talked into some of the others

Again.

What is the logic here?

Pudge played with Canseco, Aroid and Juan Gon, I promise you Pudge did steroids.

Are you focking kidding me with some of those first-ballot guys??

Aaron Rowand was an All-Star once, but he's on the ballot? :blink:

:mad:

Also, I think Arthur Rhodes was a reliever for the Mariners. I think. Pretty sure if someone who knows baseball isn't even sure if he's heard of a player who's on the HOF ballot, they might need to shrink the list a little bit.

Bonds, Clemens, and Sosa need to get into the HOF. Enough is enough already with these writers keeping them out. You made her point by keeping them out and have made them all sweat a little so now let them into the HOF.

:mad:

Also, I think Arthur Rhodes was a reliever for the Mariners. I think. Pretty sure if someone who knows baseball isn't even sure if he's heard of a player who's on the HOF ballot, they might need to shrink the list a little bit.

Rhodes pitched for like 10 teams didn't he?

I remember he had one year that he was dominant.

Edgar OforThreea?

Based on the players already in, I could name ten off that list that should make it.

Again.

What is the logic here?

Pudge played with Canseco, Aroid and Juan Gon, I promise you Pudge did steroids.

Well, the others you mention got caught. Pudge didn't. So it doesn't seem fair to just assume he did the deed. :dunno:

Rhodes pitched for like 10 teams didn't he?

I remember he had one year that he was dominant.

How could no one want to keep him? The man's a hall-of-famer!! :shocking:

Well, the others you mention got caught. Pudge didn't. So it doesn't seem fair to just assume he did the deed. :dunno:

Canseco was never caught, if arod had retired when Pudge did he wouldnt have been caught

Juan Gonzalez denies he used steroids or PEDs

http://www.lonestarball.com/2010/4/13/1419725/juan-gonzalez-denies-he-used

Canseco was never caught, if arod had retired when Pudge did he wouldnt have been caught

Canseco admitted it, same diff. Gonzalez is all over the Mitchell report and got busted at the airport with a suitcase full of paraphernalia.

Canseco admitted it, same diff. Gonzalez is all over the Mitchell report and got busted at the airport with a suitcase full of paraphernalia.

I never said Juan Gon wasn't caught, just showing a link that he says he didn't do it.

Why isn't Kent in the HOF? dude raked as a 2nd baseman

:dunno:

160 more HR than Alomar and didn't spit at an umpire

As much as I loathe Clemens and Bonds it's absolutely retarded that neither one of them are in.

• Like 1

I think a lot of this problem could be solved if the Hall of Fame got out of the stranglehold the BBWA has on it. MLB needs to be involved and they all need to work together to decide how to proceed on these cases involving PEDs. Leaving it up to a bunch of reporters is dumb.

Juando is full of shiat - he and Ruben Sierra were doing it here.

It is a bit crazy though. All these old, crotchety, cantankerous writers have to know that the guys back in the day were all doing Greenies and other amphetamines. Seems kind of hypocritical to hold this new group liable for juicing.

Juando is full of shiat - he and Ruben Sierra were doing it here.

It is a bit crazy though. All these old, crotchety, cantankerous writers have to know that the guys back in the day were all doing Greenies and other amphetamines. Seems kind of hypocritical to hold this new group liable for juicing.

of course he is.

Every team Canseco played on he brought the roids. No possible way you can convince me that all those guys were doing it and Pudge sat back and said "no thank you"

Part of the shrapnel from the *A-Roid bombshell:
Not that it manifested itself in any sort of team success, but there's no denying that the Texas Rangers now have more big-name stars linked to performancing-enhancing drugs than any professional team this side of a European cycling club.
Ruben Sierra. Jose Canseco. Ivan Rodriguez. Juan Gonzalez. Rafael Palmeiro. Alex Rodriguez.
Huge individual numbers. Miniscule team results. Chalk one up for "cheaters never win ..."
For all their home runs and fireworks displays and MVPs and "wow!"s out in Arlington, the Rangers remain the only current franchise in Major League Baseball to have never won a playoff series. With the bulk of those players together on the 2002 team, the Rangers lost 90 games.
While A-Rod does the right thing and apologizes - though, anyone believe he would've ever voluntarily apologized had he not been caught? - Rangers owner Tom Hicks' reaction to yet another of his former players being linked to illegal performance-enhancing drugs is "I'm shocked."
I'm not. You?
Seems to me the Rangers' problem with steroids shouldn't be considered surprising, but more so systematic.
First time I made the connection between steroids and baseball was the spring of 1990. Ruben Sierra, coming off a season in which he was second in MVP voting, arrived with a bulked-up body that looked more Lou Ferrigno than Lou Brock. Seriously, the dude gained 30 pounds of muscle.
In between Sierra and A-Rod, the Rangers had three AL MVPs (Juando, I-Rod and A-Rod) - each saturated with steroid suspicisions. And, remember, Canseco, who played in Texas from 1992-94 says he introduced Gonzalez, Rodriguez and several other Rangers to steroids. And at this point he's the most - only? - believable voice in the whole syringed saga.
I don't believe Hicks when he says "I'm shocked." Or former co-owner George W. Bush. Or even - at the risk of blasphemy - even former manager Johnny Oates.
To appease players like Rodriguez and Gonzalez and A-Rod, the Rangers routinely gave free run of their clubhouse and facilities to personal trainers. Those are the guys that know. And probably an equipment manager. And maybe a bench coach. Manager Buck Showalter. GM John Hart. And, yes, even Hicks.
To be fair, in 2009 these are not your father's Texas Rangers. Following baseball's lead, the Rangers now have significant education and stringent testing. As opposed to the steroid era when - with steroids illegal but no testing or punishmetn in place - the Rangers and all of baseball were handcuffed. That is, if they wanted to know in the first place.
"How could they have known?" Rangers' GM Jon Daniels told Channel 8's Dale Hansen Sunday night. "There was no accountability in place. Today we have testing and punishment in place. It's hard to compare apples to apples."
We'll probably never pinpoint the Rangers' level of culpability. But, to some degree, they all knew then what we all know now:
That the Texas Rangers are baseball's Steroid Sluggers. Today, their accomplishments ring more hollow than ever.