Sign in to follow this  
polecatt

Jameis Winston

Until he is garbage, I will be judging him based on what he does in actual games. So for now he is a model pro, a standout rookie qb and a promising up and comer.

I am actually kind of excited that people may bid up this guy in my keeper league with how positive everyone is on him. I really did not expect this much love for Winston.

I am actually kind of excited that people may bid up this guy in my keeper league with how positive everyone is on him. I really did not expect this much love for Winston.

Trust me, I'm entrenched in the "He's garbage" camp. I have held the belief the dude will be out of the league in less than 5 years. He's got one down. Just four more to go

• Like 1

The Buccaneer's schedule starts off with a nice matchup at Atlanta. Then at Arizona, Rams at home, Denver at home, and at Carolina before the week 6 bye.

I will not be drafting any Buccaneer. I will be targeting them during their bye to trade for. Buc's schedule eases up nicely.

Besides playing the Saints in weeks 14 and 16, the Bucs play at Dallas in another tasty matchup week 15.

• Like 1

Funny, with all the negativity I'm seeing, it makes me think that I can steal him real late.

Josh Freeman had a good and efficient year. He's hot garbage. Derek Anderson had a good year. Hot garbage. Nick Foles had a good year and now the NFL thinks he is hot garbage. Winston will be joining them shortly. Hot garbage may not be far enough. Going to enjoy watching this POS get destroyed this year.

Not one of those 3 possess the natural talent and ability that Winston does. I believe he'll have a very solid season. In a few years, he could be an MVP candidate. Gonna suck for you apparently if that happens.

Funny, with all the negativity I'm seeing, it makes me think that I can steal him real late.

You'll get him late and you won't be stealing from anyone. In your mind you will be stealing, but in reality....not so much.

You'll get him late and you won't be stealing from anyone. In your mind you will be stealing, but in reality....not so much.

Steal, not a steal... doesn't matter what anyone calls him. I'll have a top 5 fantasy QB!

He's not going to be a top five fantasy Qb .

He ranked 13 last season from the rankings I see .

And it's hard to see him passing up any of them that finished ahead of him last season.

He's not going to be a top five fantasy Qb .

He ranked 13 last season from the rankings I see .

And it's hard to see him passing up any of them that finished ahead of him last season.

Blake Bortles finished 24th in 2014 and 4th in 2015.

He may not get to top 5, but I really see no way he's outside the top 10. That's just borderline ridiculous to me.

Blake Bortles finished 24th in 2014 and 4th in 2015.

He may not get to top 5, but I really see no way he's outside the top 10. That's just borderline ridiculous to me.

How is that ridiculous? There are a lot of solid qbs this year. There are only a few qbs where finishing outside top 10 is ridiculous. Winston most certainly is not in that camp. I don't see how you can take one players production and just apply it to another. Bortles did this, therefore Winston has to do this.

Go look at the rankings from last season , you will Winston ranked 13th last season .

Than look at the qbs that finshed ahead of him last season and let me know who you see him finishing ahead of ?

How is that ridiculous? There are a lot of solid qbs this year. There are only a few qbs where finishing outside top 10 is ridiculous. Winston most certainly is not in that camp. I don't see how you can take one players production and just apply it to another. Bortles did this, therefore Winston has to do this.

That's not my point, with respect to Bortles. My point is, if one guy "can" do it, it doesn't mean someone else "can't". Besides, let's look at it logically. Who are the 12 ahead of him and analyze their situations.

1. Cam Newton: Has top 5 possibility... but he had a career year and is likely to regress because the odds favor that, plus the schedule will be harder because the division won't be such a push-over.
  2. Tom Brady: Going to miss 4 games.
  3. Russell Wilson: Finally had a big year passing... was it a fluke and he's going to go back to previous history or is this the new Russell Wilson?
  4. Blake Bortles: Huge season after a nice rookie season. Why is it that only he can make a huge jump and a player who is more talented can't? (yes, Winston is a better talent. Is he a better QB? We'll find out).
  5. Carson Palmer: Another year older. Is he going to last the whole year?
  6. Drew Brees: His yards and TD's have been steadily dropping the since 2011.
  7. Aaron Rodgers: Has top 3 possibility... I think he hits it.
  8. Eli Manning: He's really not all that good.
  9. Kirk Cousins: It took him 5 years in the NFL to finially get regular playing time and after all that, he outscored Winston by only 15 fantasy points.
  10. Matthew Stafford: No longer has Calvin.
  11. Ryan Fitzpatrick: Only twice has he made it to the top 13 as a fantasy QB.
  12. Philip Rivers: Always been a solid fantasy QB. I can certainly see top 5/10... though, he's only done that once in the last 4 seasons (top 10 I mean).
With the way the league fluctuates year to year, why would it be so hard to see a player who had one of the best rookie QB seasons of all-time, not passing like 5 or 6 from this list? To note, I do think that Winston is a better talent than Bortles, Eli, Cousins, Stafford, and Fitzpatrick and he should at the very least, finish higher than at least 3 of them.

Go look at the rankings from last season , you will Winston ranked 13th last season .

Than look at the qbs that finshed ahead of him last season and let me know who you see him finishing ahead of ?

FFtoday has Winston projected to outscore 3 of them... Brady, Palmer, and Stafford. So why shouldn't I?

Will you should , if that's what you want to do .

So now he is more of a top ten Qb than a top five Qb ?

Him out scoring Brady is a given .

Now there are some players that finshed behind Winston in points that I think can out score him .

One is Big Ben another is D Carr and I'm not buying that he out scores Palmer and Stafford .

And another player he out scored that I think will out score him is A luck .

Will you should , if that's what you want to do .

So now he is more of a top ten Qb than a top five Qb ?

Him out scoring Brady is a given .

I think he's top 5 because I believe he will perform that way. But top 10 is absolutely reasonable and as far as I'm concerned, his floor.

I think he's top 5 because I believe he will perform that way. But top 10 is absolutely reasonable and as far as I'm concerned, his floor.

His floor is probably more like 20.

I have him ranked at number 17 at this time .

I see to a few players out scoring him from the list I posted which would move him down around that number .

Now there are some players that finshed behind Winston in points that I think can put score him .

One is Big Ben another is D Carr and I'm not buying that he out scores Palmer and Stafford .

And another player he out scored that I think will out score him is A luck .

Ben is without a doubt a better QB at this point in time, but he's only been a top 10 fantasy QB once since 2009. Palmer had a career high in TD's last year, and it's the first time since 2010 he's thrown more than 25. He's also now 36 years old and had a significant hand injury in the playoffs. Derrick Carr increased his completion percentage, passer rating, td/int ratio and y/a going from year 1 to year 2... he absolutely did improve. You're telling me that his improvement was more expected (as a 2nd round pick), than if Winston increases by the same percentages as a #1 pick overall? If Winston increases his performance to the rate at which Carr did, he'll most assuredly end up top 3-5.

People choose to downplay/downgrade Winston solely because of personal agenda's and not based on production. Bortles, Carr, Mariota and Cousins are young QB's that people are ranking higher Winston... yet, Winston had the best rookie season of the group, as yet he's the only one that's getting the label of regression, even though he has the highest ceiling of the group,

His floor is probably more like 20.

What would you base that regression on? Certainly injuries can happen and could cause that, but if plays all 16 games, I don't see how he drops that far.

What would you base that regression on? Certainly injuries can happen and could cause that, but if plays all 16 games, I don't see how he drops that far.

Based off me thinking he is hot garbage. If he is as bad as I believe this year then his floor is 20. He is one of the absolute last qbs I would draft. I would take Gabbert over him if I knew Gabs was starting.

Based off me thinking he is hot garbage. If he is as bad as I believe this year then his floor is 20. He is one of the absolute last qbs I would draft. I would take Gabbert over him if I knew Gabs was starting.

Ok, so it's bias then and not real life. Fortunately for you, I'm not an "I told you so" kind of guy. :D

If he has a top 5 season this year... why would that mean that it has to be his ceiling. I think his ceiling is NFL MVP.

Ok, so it's bias then and not real life. Fortunately for you, I'm not an "I told you so" kind of guy. :D

Unfortunately for you, many of the posters on this bored ARE "I told you so" kinda guys...

Unfortunately for you, many of the posters on this bored ARE "I told you so" kinda guys...

Ah, it's part of fantasy football. If you don't want to deal with trash talking, shut up. :thumbsup:

Ah, it's part of fantasy football. If you don't want to deal with trash talking, shut up. :thumbsup:

Somebody unban AxeElf.

It serves,me no purpose to hate on a player if they can help me in ffball. I watched this guy heave up prayers that somehow were caught. It's surprising that people look solely at the fantasy production and,assume it's the norm. I like to look past the numbers to see if a players future value could be smaller, greater or the same. I believe he is a fraud and will regress in statistical output. Its,hard for me to put stats into my argument because of the small sample size, and the fact that he did have solid numbers as a whole.

If you want to look at the numbers and just assume that it's the norm, then that's your strategy.

It serves,me no purpose to hate on a player if they can help me in ffball. I watched this guy heave up prayers that somehow were caught. It's surprising that people look solely at the fantasy production and,assume it's the norm. I like to look past the numbers to see if a players future value could be smaller, greater or the same. I believe he is a fraud and will regress in statistical output. Its,hard for me to put stats into my argument because of the small sample size, and the fact that he did have solid numbers as a whole.

If you want to look at the numbers and just assume that it's the norm, then that's your strategy.

As a Bucs fan, I can assure you, I watched every game. Every QB has the occasional heave and hope pass... if you want to take the handful you saw and chalk that up as the norm, then go ahead. From watching the games, he looked a heck of a lot better than what his numbers did, so I'm basing my predictions/expectations on the 900+ snaps he took, and not the 4 or 5 passes you chose to hold as the standard. Was he perfect? Absolutely not. He definitely has things he needs to work on, but it's not like these are monumental feats.

As a Bucs fan, I can assure you, I watched every game. Every QB has the occasional heave and hope pass... if you want to take the handful you saw and chalk that up as the norm, then go ahead. From watching the games, he looked a heck of a lot better than what his numbers did, so I'm basing my predictions/expectations on the 900+ snaps he took, and not the 4 or 5 passes you chose to hold as the standard. Was he perfect? Absolutely not. He definitely has things he needs to work on, but it's not like these are monumental feats.

He stinks and will go undrafted in my 12 team QB friendly money league this year.

Topped 300 yards passing twice. Threw for more than 2 TD's once. Threw zero or one TD in 10 of 16 games. Rushed for more than 25 yards once (27 yards, week 11).

On the plus side, he scored a TD in every game he played.

Topped 300 yards passing twice. Threw for more than 2 TD's once. Threw zero or one TD in 10 of 16 games. Rushed for more than 25 yards once (27 yards, week 11).

On the plus side, he scored a TD in every game he played.

Aaron Rodgers only had 3 games over 300 (Winston had more yards) and 3 games throwing 3+ tds. I'm just saying there is perspective to be taken here. Winston is a guy on the streaming/backup radar with some upside to outscore a lot of guys drafted starters week to week. Then when you finally start him he will give you 1 TD.

Aaron Rodgers only had 3 games over 300 (Winston had more yards) and 3 games throwing 3+ tds. I'm just saying there is perspective to be taken here. Winston is a guy on the streaming/backup radar with some upside to outscore a lot of guys drafted starters week to week. Then when you finally start him he will give you 1 TD.

Love the optimism! He's a guy I know will be dropped to waivers within a few weeks. Love the hype!!

Aaron Rodgers only had 3 games over 300 (Winston had more yards) and 3 games throwing 3+ tds.

Don't remind me.....I owned him.

We've got a Tampa homer plugging Winston and a bunch of guys jumping all over him. JW might run a little more this year as suggested and might improve his stats enough to bump into the top 10 for fantasy purposes ..... The goal is Cam Newton lite... Entirely possible.

I thought Mariota was the better qb out of this draft and still do, but time will tell.

I have no dog in this fight. Truth be told I'm a Dolphins and Hurricane fan so I have reasons to dislike Winston.

I'll say this...I'm liking his outlook for 2016 more and more as we get closer to fantasy drafts. His price tag is relatively cheap and I'm a fan of new Bucs coach Dirk Koetter going all the way back to his college coaching days.

For a WR early guy who waits on QB I'm starting to think Winston is the perfect QB2. He's got upside and with the playcalling Koetter brings to the table I also believe he's got a nice floor.

I'm not gonna pound my fist on the table and give guarantees but I like Winston a lot this year. His situation looks appealing to me from a fantasy perspective.

Yeah and all the Rodgers owners were on suicide watch all season. So Winston owners are signing up for that?

The guy in my money league with Rodgers missed the playoffs. The Jordy effect was real.

Love the optimism! He's a guy I know will be dropped to waivers within a few weeks. Love the hype!!

I'm not even advocating drafting him as a starter really or even at all. He is a top end streamer/backup with upside. I never draft backup qbs and think only maybe 12-15 should even be taken in a 12tm league.

Yeah and all the Rodgers owners were on suicide watch all season. So Winston owners are signing up for that?

The guy in my money league with Rodgers missed the playoffs. The Jordy effect was real.

Goes to show how great he is. 3800 31 8 and people are on suicide watch. That's like his rock bottom floor.

Goes to show how great he is. 3800 31 8 and people are on suicide watch. That's like his rock bottom floor.

Yeah. I'm hoping he falls a little this year and I can grab him with Jordy back.

We think he runs more this year?? I think he runs less and loses the rushing yard cushion he had last year which puts him in a very blah fantasy place.

He's got some strong talent around him, but that's the biggest plus he has in my opinion.

We think he runs more this year?? I think he runs less and loses the rushing yard cushion he had last year which puts him in a very blah fantasy place.

He's got some strong talent around him, but that's the biggest plus he has in my opinion.

That's what they have been saying is that he is a little faster with the weight loss and it's been a focus for him to run more this season. He does seem to have a little bit of a knack for the goal line inside the 10 so I could see him having good rushing stats again.