Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round 5 - 7 Commentary - August 10-Team PPR Mock **

We lost some momentum today guys... let's try and get it back tomorrow. If you're on the clock for two hours, it's really going to slow down the process.

My apologizes, but was involved in something that was unexpected and couldn't be avoided.

I went with Cam as my next pick. Usually I like waiting on a QB but he just does so much and IS the entire Carolina offense.

so, is CMT taking the player he originally took out of turn?

My apologizes, but was involved in something that was unexpected and couldn't be avoided.

I went with Cam as my next pick. Usually I like waiting on a QB but he just does so much and IS the entire Carolina offense.

The last two picks really pissed me off. I saw Cam and Russell still available and was very surprised. I hate taking a QB early but when that value is that high it's hard to pass. I really thought of taking Cam this round but thought I'd wait one more round. As soon as I saw Russell go I knew someone would notice Cam and take him. Here comes the QB run now.

• Like 1

worm:

You ready to select your 2 players so we can make some time up at the turn????

Mike: New Round 7 thread needed also.

6.09 QB A. Luck

Damn, I don't like taking a QB this early, but Luck affords just too much value at this point. He is the BPA on my board.....and he is 1 round later than his ADP.

That all said, I believe he will have a much better 2016 than 2015 and is a worthy 4th QB taken. His receiving corps is dynamite, now if he only could get some running game help.

The QB run begins...though doesn't change much. A lot of value getting those guys this late.

The QB run begins...though doesn't change much. A lot of value getting those guys this late.

I was really hoping I could start the run in the 7th. Wishful thinking though.

I'll gladly take Baldwin as a third WR, again won't repeat last year's TD's but will get plenty of looks. I would have had a tough choice if any of the 3 QB's that went before me were still there, but I think Jones as a backup RB is well worth it at this point and waiting another turn might have killed my depth.

7.02 WR Parker, Miami

If you saw anything at all in the June & July Mocks, you'll see I got Parker there also.

I believe he could outperform Landry and will be in for a star-studded season. As my WR4 in a PPR league, I think he was a great fit here.

If I hadn't taken a QB in the 6th, this would have been a RB pick.

This is the hardest pick of the draft for me so far.

I'm not too keen on having two Card players on my team and therefore I was tempted to go into another direction but the value is too much to pass up.

Michael Floyd was the highest rated player on my board. I had to pounce. :bench:

As I mentioned somewhere on the main board, when Luck and the IND offense was clicking in 2014, RBs such as Ahmad Bradshaw and Dan Herron saw their games elevated. I hope the same can happen for Gore, who still managed 12.43 PPR points-per-game last year in an off year for Luck. He has a great spot with none of the RBs behind him nipping at his heels that much (except for one UDFA who's received some buzz and will remain nameless for now :lol: ).

I’ll keep half an eye on the proceedings from here on out but wanted to let everyone know that this will be my last pick of the day.

I took T.Kelce in the 7th figuring he would be gone by the time I picked next. He was one of the few elite TE's as I saw it. Baby Gronk has more upside and ended the year strong. He's still a young 26 and he's posted back to back good seasons. He looks like a solid pick for round 7 with upside.

I've been seeing Gio sit there and get passed up over and over. I didn't really need him but how could I pass him up in the 7th round of a PPR? That's Gold Jerry, Gold!

I saw an interesting quote on the Bengals web site last night after some discussion about a leaping interception rookie LB Nick Vigil had made in front of an RB yesterday:

"The Bengals love Vigil’s ability to move in space and cover. They envision at some point this season Burfict and Vigil blanketing the middle on third down. And it shows you how good Bengals running back Giovani Bernard is out of the backfield, because whether it was one-on-ones or 11-on-11 Tuesday, Vigil was having a hard time keeping up with him.

“He’s extremely quick, extremely fast,” Vigil said. “Smart. He uses good angles when he’s running routes. Very quick feet. He’s a hard guy to cover. If you can cover him, that means you’re doing pretty well.”"

Just a rookie's assessment, but nice nonetheless.

Gio was a consideration when I took Hill. I think they have to throw to someone with both thier WR2 and WR3 bieng released via FA. He will be a great value of he starts scoring more TD's. I saw he has been a top RB like RB20 or better the last 3 years.

Gio was a consideration when I took Hill. I think they have to throw to someone with both thier WR2 and WR3 bieng released via FA. He will be a great value of he starts scoring more TD's. I saw he has been a top RB like RB20 or better the last 3 years.

Gio and Hill finished right next to each other last year in PPR. Gio gets some rushing and receiving yards and Hill gets all the goal line carries. Very different players yet put up the similar points.

What's crazy is that Gio is my RB4.

• Like 1

Elite production at running back for 4 weeks most likely? Yeah I will take that in the 7th.

I know this is a pick I needed to make but it's tough for me to commit to a selection that won't have 16 weeks of upside. I'll be keeping Bell for real 3 weeks from now and will need to steel myself to take some DWill medicine.

I know this is a pick I needed to make but it's tough for me to commit to a selection that won't have 16 weeks of upside. I'll be keeping Bell for real 3 weeks from now and will need to steel myself to take some DWill medicine.

Wherever Bell goes, I am not just letting his owner have Dwill. I didn't pick up DWill last year and kicked myself. Sometimes having an elite option, even if just for a few weeks, is the difference between a playoff berth or no playoffs. Now if I end up a Bell owner because his auction price is low enough, or he has slid far enough in a draft, I will make it a priority to get DWill without spending too much. Like I said somewhere else, I took DWill in the 5th round of an mfl10 draft just to make sure I got him. Spending too much at that point? Maybe. It was still worth it as far as I can see.

Gio and Hill finished right next to each other last year in PPR. Gio gets some rushing and receiving yards and Hill gets all the goal line carries. Very different players yet put up the similar points.

What's crazy is that Gio is my RB4.

I'm starting to dislike you more and more on here. :angry:

• Like 1