Sign in to follow this  
MissionCoach

Late Round RB Lottery Ticket? Booker, Washington, C-Mike, Howard?

Cmike has the highest ceiling if all of them are named the starter right now, that's why I take him.

I disagree I think if Murray were to go down Washington would be a stud. But it is just my opinion and a matter of "what if"

Some... not "plenty". Also keep in mind that a significant amount don't.

Plenty. Conversely you can look at T-Rich, Bishop Sankey, Run DMC as 1st round flops. But "elite" talent tho lol

I just think it would be shltty of Pete Carroll to talk up Michael like he has made significant strides in his commitment to football, but really not mean a word of it just to motivate Rawls. A coach can lose the respect of every player on that team by doing that.

If they really thought Michael was just a camp body like some make it seem on here, the rookies would have gotten a lot more time with the first team this preseason. There aren't any quality backs in non ppr going after him according to ffc. Maybe Morris, but he is most definitely not the starter. Michael has a chance at being significant right away, like starter significant. No one is saying to take him as a starter or even rb3.

Carrol is the type that says things to the press, to talk up a player, then go to that player and say

I defended you publicly. now go and show that you deserve that public faith I put in you

if the player doesnt step up to the plate, he then gets cut.

I'm pretty sure that is the way Carrol works.

I stashed 3. Wanted backups on great rushing offenses:

1) CMike - I don't care what the haters say. And I don't care about the past. Right now he totally passes the eye test in every way, and it's coming against #1's

2) Alfred Morris - Automatic top 8 back if Zeke goes down or those pictures are accurate...

3) Spencer Ware - I want to own shares of the KC running game, and you get him dirt cheap. I think they ease Charles in anyway, so he may be a vulture even with a healthy Charles

Do agree with some of the other stashes. Washington is interesting just because Murray is so, so...average. Booker is far down my list. Don't often see rookie RB's paired with QB's who've never taken a snap in the NFL. McKinnon is valuable if ADP finally goes over the cliff.

Plenty. Conversely you can look at T-Rich, Bishop Sankey, Run DMC as 1st round flops. But "elite" talent tho lol

Certainly... and I didn't deny that, nor did I say that no talent can be found late in draft. But I wasn't dumb enough to say that "plenty" of guys drafted late became great. That's completely absurd.

Certainly... and I didn't deny that, nor did I say that no talent can be found late in draft. But I wasn't dumb enough to say that "plenty" of guys drafted late became great. That's completely absurd.

If you look at the best skill position (RB/WR/TE) players in the league, which is what matters most in fantasy, most were not drafted in the first round. Absurd.

If you look at the best skill position (RB/WR/TE) players in the league, which is what matters most in fantasy, most were not drafted in the first round. Absurd.

More were drafted than in the 5th or later. "Absurd".

I agree. Alfred Morris is a very nice guy to stash on the bench. When the rookie goes down Morris will shine. He's looked great in preseason.

More were drafted than in the 5th or later. "Absurd".

Who said anything about the 5th round? So "late" for you means 5th or later? *rolls eyes* move along dood..

You're still arguing with tanatastic. I was always referring to your original statement. Plenty of elite talents go in the "later" rounds. I never said 5th or later.

Regardless don't see what this has to do with OP.

These 4 guys are better lottery picks because opportunity is everything. McKinnon needs a serious injury to AP in order to have any role, because surely they won't bench AP just because he's ineffective.

The other 4 however can leapfrog the depth chart at any given moment.

Got C-Mike and Morris late in PPR. Dropped Morris for Ware (Charles owner). Morris wouldn't be as effective in PPR.

Without Romo, I don't see Morris being nearly as effective as Zeke should be.

You're still arguing with tanatastic. I was always referring to your original statement. Plenty of elite talents go in the "later" rounds. I never said 5th or later.

I wouldnt call what he has done with me in this thread as arguing. More like a mentally disabled chimp flinging poo. Some of the most blatantly wrong and hyperbolic stances ever seen on any message board.

"I give all 4 of those guys (who are routinely getting drafted as high upside fliers)a 0% (lol) chance of being relevant because they were drafted late so its impossible for them to be elite talents (many, many late elite talents. PLENTY in fact. In FACT.). Mckinnon (no one but AP owners even considering him) is a better lotto ticket."

You cant make this stuff up.

I stashed 3. Wanted backups on great rushing offenses:

1) CMike - I don't care what the haters say. And I don't care about the past. Right now he totally passes the eye test in every way, and it's coming against #1's

2) Alfred Morris - Automatic top 8 back if Zeke goes down or those pictures are accurate...

3) Spencer Ware - I want to own shares of the KC running game, and you get him dirt cheap. I think they ease Charles in anyway, so he may be a vulture even with a healthy Charles

Do agree with some of the other stashes. Washington is interesting just because Murray is so, so...average. Booker is far down my list. Don't often see rookie RB's paired with QB's who've never taken a snap in the NFL. McKinnon is valuable if ADP finally goes over the cliff.

Booker is a MUST own for CJ Anderson owners.

I wouldnt call what he has done with me in this thread as arguing. More like a mentally disabled chimp flinging poo. Some of the most blatantly wrong and hyperbolic stances ever seen on any message board.

"I give all 4 of those guys (who are routinely getting drafted as high upside fliers)a 0% (lol) chance of being relevant because they were drafted late so its impossible for them to be elite talents (many, many late elite talents. PLENTY in fact. In FACT.). Mckinnon (no one but AP owners even considering him) is a better lotto ticket."

You cant make this stuff up.

We finally agree on something!

I got booker in the last round of my draft yesterday. And I'm totally pleased that I got him.

I got booker in the last round of my draft yesterday. And I'm totally pleased that I got him.

Sweet, I will be reaching well before that time to make sure I get him. Pretty much as soon as the starters dry up and I take my QB I'm getting Booker as an RB4 with RB2 expectations.

I disagree I think if Murray were to go down Washington would be a stud. But it is just my opinion and a matter of "what if"

Homer persective here. Firstly, folks shouldn't misunderstimate the three down capability of Deandre Washington. Reggie McKenzie came out immediately and stated his belief the kid could 'pound the rock.' His numbers in college add weight to that. So far this preseason he's shown good vision, solid burst, and toughness. He's taken some vicious shots. He had a sweet 35 yard run in the TN game, albiet provided by a massive hole that Keleche Osemele created. But what's to remember is what he did after transiting the initial gap. Slats Murray has a propensity to go down easy, often brought down in the open field by a single defender. On the run I've pointed out, Wash showed some shiftiness and wiggle, as well as power. He actually reminds me of an old New York Giant RB named Joe Morris. Some of the older posters here may remember him.

Murray has been fairly tough in his short stint as a starter. But he's suffered two serious concussions and possesses a high, upright running style which can easily lead to his clock getting cleaned. Raider fans are keenly interested to see if he's worked on this last off season.

Murray is also in a contract year, and personally I don't see Oakland bringing him back, at least in a leading role. Of course a huge season from him would dispel that, but my take is it doesn't happen. McKenzie has built this team from the ground up, using his personal stamp. If he thinks Wash can be an every down back, and everything he's said leads to believe he does, that should carry some weight.

• Like 1

Homer persective here. Firstly, folks shouldn't misunderstimate the three down capability of Deandre Washington. Reggie McKenzie came out immediately and stated his belief the kid could 'pound the rock.' His numbers in college add weight to that. So far this preseason he's shown good vision, solid burst, and toughness. He's taken some vicious shots. He had a sweet 35 yard run in the TN game, albiet provided by a massive hole that Keleche Osemele created. But what's to remember is what he did after transiting the initial gap. Slats Murray has a propensity to go down easy, often brought down in the open field by a single defender. On the run I've pointed out, Wash showed some shiftiness and wiggle, as well as power. He actually reminds me of an old New York Giant RB named Joe Morris. Some of the older posters here may remember him.

Murray has been fairly tough in his short stint as a starter. But he's suffered two serious concussions and possesses a high, upright running style which can easily lead to his clock getting cleaned. Raider fans are keenly interested to see if he's worked on this last off season.

Murray is also in a contract year, and personally I don't see Oakland bringing him back, at least in a leading role. Of course a huge season from him would dispel that, but my take is it doesn't happen. McKenzie has built this team from the ground up, using his personal stamp. If he thinks Wash can be an every down back, and everything he's said leads to believe he does, that should carry some weight.

With what you've said, it wouldnt surprise me if Washington is the future. But they have time to figure that out.

I think the job is Murray's to lose for now. The smart money says they coach Washington up for a year and get him to the point where he is a well rounded back.

then if Murray takes a step back or gets hurt or asks for a pile of cash when his contract is up, Washington will get his shot.

In the interim, I do think if you own Murray, Washington would be a nice handcuff.

Uh....despite any and all Booker hype, Hillman is still the most complete back on the roster and his speed kills. As a native to Denver and a previous owner I think he plays (somewhere) this year and plays well. It's his size that holds him back in that coaches are afraid of him getting hurt.

*Edit complete may have been a slight stretch because his size has hurt his pass-blocking but not as much as you think.

Uh....despite any and all Booker hype, Hillman is still the most complete back on the roster and his speed kills. As a native to Denver and a previous owner I think he plays (somewhere) this year and plays well. It's his size that holds him back in that coaches are afraid of him getting hurt.

*Edit complete may have been a slight stretch because his size has hurt his pass-blocking but not as much as you think.

I agree Hillman has value.

but not as a bellcow. Hes more of a 1A back in a timeshare or a top quality backup.

I think the reason he may be on the outs in denver is that he likely makes a lot more cash than the rookie does.

That being said, CJA was often replace by Hillman because Hillman was playing better.

I think one of two things may happen:

1) Hillman gets traded (or cut so he can go elsewhere) This would be mostly for cap reasons.

2) If CJA doesnt look good early, there is the possibility that hes the one who gets moved. While I wouldnt expect it since Denver did cough up some cash to make sure he didnt leave, but that was also done prior to the draft when they didnt know for sure that they'd get a decent back in the draft. It is looking like CJA may have been an insurance policy.

That being said, he starts the year against a tough Panthers D. So it may be tough sledding to start the year.

FYI, Denver may make this decision before the season begins, but they may wait until week 4 or 5 when they have a better idea of what they have and need as a team.

actually, I just remembered Hillman doesnt make a lot of cash at all. I dont see why they would deal him. Unless Hillman wants out. I seem to recall he may be only a million dollar cap hit. or something like that.

CJA was RFA and Hillman was UFA and they re-signed both of them. Seems like they're just hoarding RBs until they find the one, but all indications point to CJA getting most/all of the work early on.

With what you've said, it wouldnt surprise me if Washington is the future. But they have time to figure that out.

I think the job is Murray's to lose for now. The smart money says they coach Washington up for a year and get him to the point where he is a well rounded back.

then if Murray takes a step back or gets hurt or asks for a pile of cash when his contract is up, Washington will get his shot.

In the interim, I do think if you own Murray, Washington would be a nice handcuff.

Raiders will be drafting a hammer at RB next year, you can take that to the bank.

Lol

Sweet, I will be reaching well before that time to make sure I get him. Pretty much as soon as the starters dry up and I take my QB I'm getting Booker as an RB4 with RB2 expectations.

I wouldnt reach too far. the earliest I've seen him go is the 2nd last round. He's really under the radar.

not to say you shouldnt grab him, but why grab him in round 8 when you can get him in round 12 or 13?

:music_guitarred:

Lol

:lol:

My last three picks last night were:

13. Ware (cuff)

14. C-Mike

15. Deandre Washington

I got Booker in one of my auction drafts for $1.

Lottery ticket is right. You're going to spend something (a draft pick in this case), in hopes that you hit it big. Well, just like with the lottery, You're going to lose. I'm on record here and now and say that none of these guys will be worth starting. I put their odds of them being truly relevant at 0%. "Relevant" meaning "worth starting". Being stuck having to start one of them does not make them "worth starting".

Bump.

You sure nailed it.

How is C-Mike vs McKinnon looking at the moment?

J.Howard will be next.

lol I'm still laughing at TB use of "0% odds of being relevant.". I mean cmon man, saying you doubt it or you don't think so is fine but to say 0? In the NFL where the unlikely happens on a weekly basis? 0?!

I'll give it to him, McKinnon was a good call as a lotto ticket but that's dumb luck AP got hurt. Plus Jerrick sucks, but I still give it to him.