Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

12 Geeks 1 Cup VOTE inside

how to handle free agents after the draft  

14 members have voted

1. 1. How should we handle free agency after the draft is over?

• FCFS as soon as the commish enters our rosters, at his own leisure?
    • A short Waiver Wire period, giving everyone a chance to claim players?

Starting in 2017 (assuming the league makes it that far) would you rather see

1. first come first served as soon as the commissioner enters the draft results while people may be at work, sleeping, or otherwise not glued to their computer

2.. a waiver wire period immediately after draft results are entered, giving every owner an opportunity to place claims for players they might want

I would also point out this could easily start in 2016 as rosters have not been entered but lets leave this as a vote for NEXT season.

B is common sense and it shouldn't start until after week 1 and according to standings. Sucky drafting should not be rewarded ever.

B is common sense and it shouldn't start until after week 1 and according to standings. Sucky drafting should not be rewarded ever.

agreed, but the other side of the fence argument is that since the draft takes place over 8 days, people get injured, things change, and the wire can help someone.

personally, in a 12 team , 18 round draft, the beofre the season waiver wire is pretty thin and i cant see any use for it, but others may. so let them.

I have no issue starting this this year if it is what the majority want. Please also do me a favor and decide what to do if the draft finishes after the waiver deadline before the first weeks games like it did last year.

Like heavyset said the WW is pretty thin as it is before the season starts. B would be fair for everyone but if someone didn't draft the backup to the person who got injured in 18 rounds then that's on them. So I'm fine with either. I'll vote for the fair choice for everyone though and say B

Also next year this league will be on fleaflicker. That way we can do the draft and league all one platform and there won't be any of this shady commissioner activity entering the rosters when it best suits him.

Also next year this league will be on fleaflicker. That way we can do the draft and league all one platform and there won't be any of this shady commissioner activity entering the rosters when it best suits him.

Not just any kind of shady. Little finger kind of shady

Oh.hell. no.

I actually like the Yahoo site. I know exactly where everything is, and how it works. I also like the mobile versions of their site, too. I :wub: the TD notifications from my phone!

No Yahoo, no Susie...

Oh.hell. no.

I actually like the Yahoo site. I know exactly where everything is, and how it works. I also like the mobile versions of their site, too. I :wub: the TD notifications from my phone!

No Yahoo, no Susie...

Your choice

so you can choose to run the league like a dictatorship when it comes to hosting platform but need a vote when it comes to common sense rules?

:wacko:

was going to go B, but then went A. Teddy Bridgewater is what I am basing that on. Whoever drafted him didn't make a mistake. They should be able to finish the rest of the draft knowing they can rectify the situation immediately. Frankly, we should all allow that person to send a message at the end of the draft to the commish, having them drop their broken player, and pick up a new one. Its a friggen free league..lighten up.

I have no issue starting this this year if it is what the majority want. Please also do me a favor and decide what to do if the draft finishes after the waiver deadline before the first weeks games like it did last year.

common sense would say waivers open after week 1 like normal.

we draft 18 rounds for a reason

so you can choose to run the league like a dictatorship when it comes to hosting platform but need a vote when it comes to common sense rules?

:wacko:

Yeah!

Attica! Attica! Attica!

was going to go B, but then went A. Teddy Bridgewater is what I am basing that on. Whoever drafted him didn't make a mistake. They should be able to finish the rest of the draft knowing they can rectify the situation immediately. Frankly, we should all allow that person to send a message at the end of the draft to the commish, having them drop their broken player, and pick up a new one. Its a friggen free league..lighten up.

okay and what happens if the commish enters the rosters and opens FCFS free agency while that teddy bridgewater owner is asleep or working? they could completely miss out

i can absolutely get on board with your idea of them getting a do over pick in a free league, because again, its a free league but going with option A does not help that person.....

okay and what happens if the commish enters the rosters and opens FCFS free agency while that teddy bridgewater owner is asleep or working? they could completely miss out

hence the message to the commish...did you not read my whole response?

even on MFL, once the draft is over, its up to the commissioner to set free agency to FCFS or waivers and to open it up. Just as is going on in the CCDL

is fleaflicker different?

hence the message to the commish...did you not read my whole response?

read the rest of mine

you should do a go fund me page for the poor fella :(

also, I do exactly what you ask and start a poll and you come in here continuing to be sarcastic/melodramatic. whats the deal? that time of month?

A - just asking for headache, drama and possible shadiness.

B is the answer.

i can absolutely get on board with your idea of them getting a do over pick in a free league, because again, its a free league but going with option A does not help that person.....

did you edit that in? anyway, I see your point on the A option.

Well FOCK ME. :thumbsdown: :mad:

There is no focking way in hell I am going to play on that site. It is unusable.

In fact, I am currently in a dynasty league on that site and am being forced to quit that league because the site is so bad. Just trying to acquire a free agent is flat focking NUTS.

I sincerely hope you have second thoughts about this because I like this league and want to stay in it, but fleaflicker is the worst site on the net for FF. Been playing on it for three years now. It is unusable.

I can understand not wanting to transfer rosters. I would be wiling to help you with that, if it means staying off of fleaflicker. Or maybe we can draft on yahoo too. There are other options too if it will help keep us off of fleaflicker.

PLEASE, reconsider this bro.

Since it looks like I will not be able to play in this league next year(If we got to fleaflicker), I will not vote on this, just so you know who did not vote in our league.

:cheers:

:(

Oh.hell. no.

No Yahoo, no Susie...

:thumbsup: Same here. Not trying to be dramatic, but fleaflicker is flat unusable. This move to fleaflicker will force me out. :(

I'm not voting.

Answer is neither A not B

C

After conclusion if week one based on standings

Injuries ? spit happens.

OK so rosters are loaded. I have not finalized anything so the league is still inactive.

By my count we have 5 votes for option B (WW, Vudu, DJBG, posty, mooks) , and 1 vote for option A. (Herb) and 1 vote for I dont give a crap. (shotsup). I wont vote, unless a tie needs to be broken. ,

Heavyset posted some thoughts, but i dont think really spelled out what he was voting for.

The poll is useless because there is no way for us to know who voted. Cruzer, drobs and CH's vote dont count.

I guess someone needs to make a decision. When its made, let me know, and ill push the buttons.

Well FOCK ME. :thumbsdown: :mad:

There is no focking way in hell I am going to play on that site. It is unusable.

In fact, I am currently in a dynasty league on that site and am being forced to quit that league because the site is so bad. Just trying to acquire a free agent is flat focking NUTS.

I sincerely hope you have second thoughts about this because I like this league and want to stay in it, but fleaflicker is the worst site on the net for FF. Been playing on it for three years now. It is unusable.

I can understand not wanting to transfer rosters. I would be wiling to help you with that, if it means staying off of fleaflicker. Or maybe we can draft on yahoo too. There are other options too if it will help keep us off of fleaflicker.

PLEASE, reconsider this bro.

I wont move this league, unless its agreeable to everyone, but seriously how can someone use the convoluted rats nest that is MFL and not be able to use FF?

step1:

https://s9.postimg.org/b14x8n8cf/Clipboard100new.jpg

step2

https://s9.postimg.org/p6aqaghdr/Clipboard100bnew.jpg

step3

https://s9.postimg.org/vzb36q873/Clipboard101new.jpg

step4

https://s9.postimg.org/8z4fueadb/Clipboard102new.jpg

How is that unusable?

I voted for the waiver period...

Same, and I'm assuming that would carry through to the season, so that if some people put in post-draft claims and others didn't, the ones who didn't would move up in priority and that order would be retained through the week 1 games.

OK so rosters are loaded. I have not finalized anything so the league is still inactive.

By my count we have 4 votes for option B (WW, Vudu, DJBG, posty) , and 1 vote for option A. (Herb) and 1 vote for I dont give a crap. (shotsup). I wont vote, unless a tie needs to be broken. ,

Heavyset posted some thoughts, but i dont think really spelled out what he was voting for.

The poll is useless because there is no way for us to know who voted. Cruzer, drobs and CH's vote dont count.

I guess someone needs to make a decision. When its made, let me know, and ill push the buttons.

Couldn't it just have been a public pole? :unsure:

I could have sworn the first year I was in this league it was a waiver period, and then it switched to FCFS. I remember asking about this last year, though, and I was told it's always been this way. :dunno:

I don't really have a problem with the way it is now, but I wouldn't mind making it a set time, that has been posted in our league page, and that is fair for everyone. Meaning not in the middle of the night for the West Coast peeps. That's my only gripe with FCFS, is that when it usually opens up, it's 3:00/4:00 am here.

Thanks for all you do, southcarolina. You've been a great Commish, and it's appreciated. :cheers:

I could have sworn the first year I was in this league it was a waiver period, and then it switched to FCFS. I remember asking about this last year, though, and I was told it's always been this way. :dunno:

I don't really have a problem with the way it is now, but I wouldn't mind making it a set time, that has been posted in our league page, and that is fair for everyone. Meaning not in the middle of the night for the West Coast peeps. That's my only gripe with FCFS, is that when it usually opens up, it's 3:00/4:00 am here.

Thanks for all you do, southcarolina. You've been a great Commish, and it's appreciated. :cheers:

Yeah but Voltsm'n is on the way West Coast...there probably isn't any one time that's good for all of us. Plus if a major development occurred between now and then, you could have 12 dudes lined up at their computer machines waiting for the free-for-all to start to grab a certain player, and the player would just go to whoever has the quickest mouse finger/internet connection. I still think there should be a short waiver period followed by a FCFS period prior to the start of week 1. Then again, since the waiver order would probably be reverse order of the draft order, maybe that should start next season since we didn't know about it during this draft. :D In summary, fock what I have to say. :mellow:

I created this poll specifically for 2017 because even though SC's response to my bringing up fcfs versus waivers was entirely over dramatic, with respect to him he did ask for issues like this to be sorted out before the draft.

I'm simply doing it now for 2017 so I don't forget to do it next year.

This is a free league, it's not the biggest deal in he world, it's just a better rule to have a waiver period of a few days after rosters are entered. I've yet to hear a sensible reason to have it be fcfs.

Voting seems to be at least 7-1 among league members which would already be a majority. My apologies for not making it a public poll. I dot make many polls.

So I think this is a done deal for 2017

As for THIS season? That's up to south Carolina. He asked for this to be hashed out prior to the draft so he has every right to keep things as usual this year.

I thought this thread was going to be about whose roster is the rough and ruggedestest. :(

I wont move this league, unless its agreeable to everyone, but seriously how can someone use the convoluted rats nest that is MFL and not be able to use FF?

step1:

https://s9.postimg.org/b14x8n8cf/Clipboard100new.jpg

step2

https://s9.postimg.org/p6aqaghdr/Clipboard100bnew.jpg

step3

https://s9.postimg.org/vzb36q873/Clipboard101new.jpg

step4

https://s9.postimg.org/8z4fueadb/Clipboard102new.jpg

How is that unusable?

Waivers BLOW on the site. I can never sort them in any decipherable meaning. Half the time, players that are not even free agents show up on the list. It is just user friendly, at all. Worst site out there.

Also, I did not vote in this poll either since we might be moving to fleaflicker next season.

:cheers:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

He's one of the good ones. :thumbsup:

I didn't say I didn't give a crap. I said it should be FCFS after week 1. No transactions after draft until after Monday game concludes. (Tuesday ) by week 1 record.