Sign in to follow this  
gimethedamnball

Dwayne Allen

What are people's thoughts with this guy ending up top 10 at TE?

Fleener gone, featured TE in a pass first team, shaky o-line(maybe he's going to block more?), Chud offense.

Thoughts?

A lot of people saying he is a sleeper and could be a steal. I would put him in a category as what the heck kind of flier. M. Bennett would be comparable. Personally I think Fleener is fool's gold. Hasn't shown anything.

I'm a Dwayne Allen truther. He should see ~90% of TE snaps now and pick up a few hundred additional pass routes that used to be Fleener's. Allen blocked a lot last year (about 27% of pass routes) and may have to help often again, but being an every-snap player mitigates that a ton.

If he stays healthy, I expect him to land around 100 targets, which is plenty of opportunity for the biggest guy in an Andrew Luck offense. At TE12 or 13 off the board, he has massive upside. In 2014, he and Fleener combined for 80/1170 plus 8 touchdowns each, so that should give you an idea of what Luck can do with his TEs.

I see 2016 Allen as a guy very likely to get you 40-50 yards every week with serious TD potential. He did it in 2014 on only about 70% of the routes he's going to run this season, so I've got him pretty much everywhere.

He is one of my go to late TE starters but will prob end up being JAG. Still has upside and I like him more than Fleener who just isnt very good, even with Brees throwing.

I got him in the 12th because every time I waited on someone they would get snagged up.

I've seen reports that say Allen will be doing plenty of blocking to help protect Luck, but even if he stays into block half of the time, he's a red zone beast.

If he stays healthy, I think I could get at least 7-8 TD's out of him and maybe more if Luck plays like he did two years ago.

I like him, but he has a nagging injury history and his ADP appears to be on the rise. If he is your 2nd TE, great. I'm not certain I want him as my starter though. In my last draft, he went two TE's (one round) after Fleener and I believe Fleener has much more upside in an offense that features TE's. Granted people are saying he has been going as the 12th or 13th TE off the board in their drafts.... At that point, I'd take him in a minute. I have not been fortunate enough to see him go that late in the last week. This is why I don't use ADP. It is so skewed by the early drafters that when the higher dollar leagues draft, it is totally useless outside of the first round. If you are waiting on a player based on his ADP, you aren't getting him in most leagues. Right now, I am seeing guys drafted in the 5th through 7th rounds that were being taken several rounds later just a few weeks ago. There are some guys falling as well, but in both scenarios, the ADP is pure crap at this point.

Like him a lot more in a non ppr league.

I like him, but he has a nagging injury history and his ADP appears to be on the rise. If he is your 2nd TE, great. I'm not certain I want him as my starter though. In my last draft, he went two TE's (one round) after Fleener and I believe Fleener has much more upside in an offense that features TE's. Granted people are saying he has been going as the 12th or 13th TE off the board in their drafts.... At that point, I'd take him in a minute. I have not been fortunate enough to see him go that late in the last week. This is why I don't use ADP. It is so skewed by the early drafters that when the higher dollar leagues draft, it is totally useless outside of the first round. If you are waiting on a player based on his ADP, you aren't getting him in most leagues. Right now, I am seeing guys drafted in the 5th through 7th rounds that were being taken several rounds later just a few weeks ago. There are some guys falling as well, but in both scenarios, the ADP is pure crap at this point.

Some players have to fall to or past their adp. We can't have every draft able player go before their adp

Everybody assumes they're throwing to Allen now since Fleener is gone. But did it ever occur to you that maybe Indy kept Allen because they want a blocking TE to keep Luck alive, and not a pass-catching one?

Some players have to fall to or past their adp. We can't have every draft able player go before their adp

You are correct. The "rookie" players, or newbies, jack up the ADP every year. When September hits, the ADP is useless.

You are correct. The "rookie" players, or newbies, jack up the ADP every year. When September hits, the ADP is useless.

I still don't think adp is useless. If I wanted someone like Marvin Jones, it's nice to know about where he is going. I know I don't have to take him in the first 4 or 5 rounds.

Everybody assumes they're throwing to Allen now since Fleener is gone. But did it ever occur to you that maybe Indy kept Allen because they want a blocking TE to keep Luck alive, and not a pass-catching one?

I'm not sure you let Fleener walk, and give Allen a 4yr contract for 30 million dollars and expect him to just block. You don't pay that kind of money unless you believe the guy is a game changer.

I'm not sure you let Fleener walk, and give Allen a 4yr contract for 30 million dollars and expect him to just block. You don't pay that kind of money unless you believe the guy is a game changer.

Well that is a good point. Maybe I'm being too simplistic but what I'm suggesting is Indy decided they valued allen's blocking more than fleener's receiving.

He's probably good for TDs but I don't see a ton of catches and yards between the 20s

I have the motliest crew of fantasy players including Allen in the 10th round and Graham to back him up. Gronk went in the first the Washington TE in the fourth, Carolin's dued etc. Could have taken someone like McDonald, Bennett, there but went with the hype. I know little about Allen except that he may be injury prone so I backed him with a guy coming off one of the worst injuries in football. Yea me!

What Gumbo said. Get involved. In the average bro draft, he's free. Do it in the 13th or so just in-case you end up in a jam. Or...take him as insurance for Reed or Gronk.