Sign in to follow this  
jimaveli

Lessons learned and ?: week 6...add on

Start Brady until further notice.

Yes, Gronk is the man at tight end again.

Start both qbs whenever the Saints are at home.

Steelers on the road is a shenanigan show waiting to happen. They might even get embarrassed. Brown and Bell are the only ones you can start with confidence.

Start Julio every week. Every single week.

Shady is for real...especially if you put Chip Kelly on the other sideline.

Terrence West too...but he doesn't care about Chip Kelly.

CMike? Also for real.

Lame-r Miller watch: engaged. He might be headed towards takeoff. He had room to run last night. Maybe it's the Colts. Maybe the oline is getting together. And BOB has to give up on the dream of having the offense run through Brock. Lots of Lamar and short throws to the tight end and Hopkins...aka Kubiak it up!

If the Lions admit that they can't run at all, it's about to the Golden Tate short pass show: starring Golden Tate (and narrated by Jim Bob Cooter).

? Aka questions

Does the Golden Tate short pass show end the party for Marvin Jones as a high end/combustible wr2?

Is Crowell over with now with all of the offensive line injuries in Cleveland?

Is it time to unload Jordan Howard?

Is Big Ben done for the year?

Jay Ajayi: one week wonder? Or on his way to prominence with the oline healthy and Gase potentially giving up on the dream of making Tanny something other than a dumber Alex Smith?

Amare Cooper...do you believe?

Is it time to give up on Kelce? He's looking like a super athletic Dennis's Pitta with less targets.

Fleener...is the light on? Or is he still Fleener?

Much if this was known, khaleesi.

Also known is that any given lesson, once learned, is subsequently reversed by a situation where the exact opposite occurs.

I fielded many questions before the week that suggests many of the 'lessons' were not so clearly 'known' or 'obvious'.

I even got into a heated thing with someone offline over him defiantly starting Ben on the road over Brady in his first home game after suspension after I flat out told him to do the opposite.

And yes...some of this could change, but lots of those are holding weeks if not years of proof. And I was aiming to share some reactions, see if some trends should be 'locked in', and see if we can all save ourselves some grief as we go into weeks.

You know how it is..sometimes we make it to hard on ourselves when it can be simple. Ie: start Julio...every time. Or it's Tom Brady after a suspension...only a saints home game is a safer bet for performances. That's what I'm aiming to see if we can 'create'. Do you have any to add?

Is t Kelce on some dating show? Maybe he needs to get serious about football too.

What I learned is this- Russell Wilson does not look like Russell Wilson of last year. I may have to pick up a second qb and play match ups at the qb position now.

If you spoke to a Brady owner during the week who wasn't starting him, then I'm going to guess you work in the mental health field.

Being a Texans fan and a Lamar Miller owner, I certainly hope Bill O'Brien has finally figured out that Brock shouldn't be throwing more than 2 or 3 deep balls a game. Against the Colts he didn't need to throw at all!

Good post...

Let's stop doubting Matt Ryan. He's an elite QB1 for the rest of the season. Toughest part of the schedule behind him.

Yep...Matthew Ice has stopped most of the horrendous decisions and he's making some adult throws. And Julio continues to be a monster who gets a lot himself and/or makes it super easy for others to get free. I owe him an apology fo sho.

If you spoke to a Brady owner during the week who wasn't starting him, then I'm going to guess you work in the mental health field.

Or Julio

Fun fact, Julio goes off every OTHER week, not every week. If you for some crazy reason sat him on the off weeks you were a genius.

Let's stop doubting Matt Ryan. He's an elite QB1 for the rest of the season. Toughest part of the schedule behind him.

Yep...Matthew Ice has stopped most of the horrendous decisions and he's making some adult throws. And Julio continues to be a monster who gets a lot himself and/or makes it super easy for others to get free. I owe him an apology fo sho.

This is about where Matty Ice will start disappointing. Right when people start believing in him. FF 101.

I predict 185/1/2 next week against SD which should be a plus matchup.

This is about where Matty Ice will start disappointing. Right when people start believing in him. FF 101.

I predict 185/1/2 next week against SD which should be a plus matchup.

Do you watch the games or just read box scores? He, along with the entire offense is unlike any season he's played so far. At home against one of softest defenses in the league, and you predict he falls off?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/13/matt-ryan-gaining-yardage-at-a-rate-unseen-in-half-a-century/

Aaron Rodgers is a borderline QB1. Guys I'd rather start over him:

Cam

Brees

Brady

Ben

Luck

Palmer

Wilson

Ryan

Carr

Stafford

Rivers

Brandon Cooks will only have 4 big games a year. Those will be the 4 times I play against him. I'll keep everyone posted.

Do you watch the games or just read box scores? He, along with the entire offense is unlike any season he's played so far. At home against one of softest defenses in the league, and you predict he falls off?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/13/matt-ryan-gaining-yardage-at-a-rate-unseen-in-half-a-century/

He's on pace for 5395/39. It's not much of a prediction, but yes, I predict he falls off.

PS. I'm not only a doubter, I'm an owner. And a past owner.

He's on pace for 5395/39. It's not much of a prediction, but yes, I predict he falls off.

The yardage sure, but guys have 40td seasons out of nowhere. Stafford, Luck to name a couple. Its not crazy to say he ends with 39 4500 or so.

So you're basing this off of past seasons. Different supporting cast, different coaching. I guess we'll see.

Doug Baldwin is a WR3, possibly WR2 with a good matchup...

so horrifically disappointing.

Start Brady until further notice.

Yes, Gronk is the man at tight end again.

Start both qbs whenever the Saints are at home.

Steelers on the road is a shenanigan show waiting to happen. They might even get embarrassed. Brown and Bell are the only ones you can start with confidence.

Start Julio every week. Every single week.

Shady is for real...especially if you put Chip Kelly on the other sideline.

Terrence West too...but he doesn't care about Chip Kelly.

CMike? Also for real.

Lame-r Miller watch: engaged. He might be headed towards takeoff. He had room to run last night. Maybe it's the Colts. Maybe the oline is getting together. And BOB has to give up on the dream of having the offense run through Brock. Lots of Lamar and short throws to the tight end and Hopkins...aka Kubiak it up!

If the Lions admit that they can't run at all, it's about to the Golden Tate short pass show: starring Golden Tate (and narrated by Jim Bob Cooter).

? Aka questions

Does the Golden Tate short pass show end the party for Marvin Jones as a high end/combustible wr2?

Is Crowell over with now with all of the offensive line injuries in Cleveland?

Is it time to unload Jordan Howard?

Is Big Ben done for the year?

Jay Ajayi: one week wonder? Or on his way to prominence with the oline healthy and Gase potentially giving up on the dream of making Tanny something other than a dumber Alex Smith?

Amare Cooper...do you believe?

Is it time to give up on Kelce? He's looking like a super athletic Dennis's Pitta with less targets.

Fleener...is the light on? Or is he still Fleener?

Yes Carnac, Amari Cooper is the real deal.

Doug Baldwin is a WR3, possibly WR2 with a good matchup...

so horrifically disappointing.

I'm not sure what the problem is but maybe it is more a Wilson problem with all his injuries. He did not look very good this past week. Some terrible throws.

Agree with others it's time to downgrade rodgers to a matchup qb. I can't trust him, they don't go deep anymore, his accuracy is off. I wonder if they are hiding an injury or what. I'm switching to stafford rest of season (except for his minn. matchups)