Sign in to follow this  
Bledsoe's Bills

Vernon Davis

He did very well when Reed was out earlier this year. So well, that he's been getting targeted even with a healthy Reed out there. I'm a Reed owner and I picked him up with major confidence.

I have been playing darts at TE for a few weeks and have been using Barnidge but he's been underwhelming...I figured Davis would be a good option and especially so if Reed is out. Just the one really bad game a few weeks ago with 0 catches. Other than that, he's been pretty steady.

I know Arizona is the number one team defending against the TE position, but the only one of the big 6 they have played against is Graham, and he got 53 yards against them on 5 catches.

True, they have not allowed one TD to any TE, but they have not had to cover the likes of:

Reed

Gronk

Walker

Kelce

Bennett

Olsen

So, I believe Davis will get his catches. He might not get a td, but he also might get one. I would have no problem playing him and actually am playing him if Reed can't go. I really wish Reed would take this week off because no one needs to play him and then he reinjures his shoulder in the first quarter.

Davis is a very good pick up and will have a good game.

I have Davis and Martellus and I'm not starting a TE vs AZ.

Well, with no Gronk, why would you?

Well, with no Gronk, why would you?

Actually I'm waffling. :(. Marty has been bad.

Actually I'm waffling. :(. Marty has been bad.

I'm starting VD with confidence, but I don't see how Bennett won't be beasty without Gronk stealing his looks and back at being the only show in town.

I'm starting VD with confidence, but I don't see how Bennett won't be beasty without Gronk stealing his looks and back at being the only show in town.

Starting VD with confidence as well. He should definitely get looks this week, Arizona's defense isn't what they once were.

• Like 1

Starting VD with confidence as well. He should definitely get looks this week, Arizona's defense isn't what they once were.

If the Honey Badger is still hurting that help Davis. Monitoring.

Starting VD with confidence as well. Arizona's defense isn't what they once were.

Aren't they top-5 against TE's this year?

Aren't they top-5 against TE's this year?

Hey stonewall, read my illuminating post number 4 here. That will answer all your questions and erase any doubts you may have.

Hey stonewall, read my illuminating post number 4 here. That will answer all your questions and erase any doubts you may have.

They are #1 against TE.

:thumbsup:

I picked up VD as a safety precation as a Reed owner. I have Gates too. Doesn't he seem like a safer bet to start?

I picked up Davis to cover me this week because I don't expect Reed to play. Davis has proven that he gets targets and good downfield depth. That is all you can hope for in a TE this year.

My main concern is Reed being limited in weeks 14 and 15. I already kick myself when I see Reed coming in and out of the game and Davis getting valuable yards that don't belong to him.

You guys are too confident in VD. Reed still might play and Zona is tough v TEs.

I'm not but Reed isn't playing. He can't move his arm. He's got 30% range of motion.

I know Arizona is the number one team defending against the TE position, but the only one of the big 6 they have played against is Graham, and he got 53 yards against them on 5 catches.

True, they have not allowed one TD to any TE, but they have not had to cover the likes of:

Reed

Gronk

Walker

Kelce

Bennett

Olsen

So, I believe Davis will get his catches. He might not get a td, but he also might get one. I would have no problem playing him and actually am playing him if Reed can't go. I really wish Reed would take this week off because no one needs to play him and then he reinjures his shoulder in the first quarter.

Olsen faced Ari at home week 8, 1 catch 11 yds 3 targets

I'm convinced that Davis will have a good game.

Maybe not a great game but a good game.

Worthy of a start.

Reed isn't playing.

I'm convinced that Davis will have a good game.

Maybe not a great game but a good game.

Worthy of a start.

Reed isn't playing.

Only 2 TEs I own. I sure hope you're right

is Davis a better start than...

Fiedorowicz @ GB

Pitta vs Mia

Kendricks @ NE

McDonald @ Chi

I only need the one week fill in for Reed as I have Delanie coming back from bye next week, so I would just start him if Reed is out again.

I do like CJ this weekend.

I picked up Fleener to play against Detroit. My Lions are absolutely horrific at defending the TE position and I see Brees putting up 300+ and 3TDs+

Even if Reed comes back, how do you see Davis the rest of the year?

Is he startabe with and without Reed?

Even if Reed comes back, how do you see Davis the rest of the year?

Is he startabe with and without Reed?

He's an auto start with no Reed except maybe this week. Brutal matchup.

is Davis a better start than...

Fiedorowicz @ GB

Pitta vs Mia

Kendricks @ NE

McDonald @ Chi

I only need the one week fill in for Reed as I have Delanie coming back from bye next week, so I would just start him if Reed is out again.

I picked up Kendricks instead of Davis. I wanted McDonald but didn't act quickly enough.

He's an auto start with no Reed except maybe this week. Brutal matchup.

Arizona has not played the likes of Cousins-Davis all season. Cousins is on fire and Davis is still a beast. Arizona has not faced a combination like that all season. Sure they faced Graham but at that time Wilson was half a man.

Prediction vs ARI: 6/50 0 tds

Good Call, I didn't respect AZ D enough, and sat Fleener.

Need Reed to take a shot and get out there.

I was wrong and I paid for it. The thing that bothers me is I had a feeling the Gmen would be had by Greene the Steelers TE. NY usually does get gouged by opposing TEs so I considered picking him up over Davis, but didn't. Oh well.....I'm on a losing streak so not much else to say.