Sign in to follow this  
Fearsome

Will Cincinnati bring back AJ Green this year?

I hope not. I have him in a keeper league and his draft value gets better as the weeks go on. What would be a nightmare scenario is for him to come back once the fantasy season is over and then blow up. The Bengals are playing out the string. I can't see them risking their franchise. Just put him on IR!

I'm the opposite, he's available in one league on waivers and with a 1st round bye I can afford to wait one more week on him. My WR core sucks and I'm likely losing Tyrell Williams who may be shut down for the same reason. I'd love to snag Green and have them activate him.

I agree with the OP.

I would retire him for the rest of the season also.

But I'm not to sure that the Bengals will.

He wont play unless the playoffs are still a possibility at the time he thinks he can return.

Cincy isnt out, the the odds of them making it are roughly 250-1.

Cincy needs to win out, Baltimore & Pittsburgh need to Tie and lose out the rest. or Pittsburgh needs to beat baltimore and lose out (including one game vs cleveland)

bottom line: It is UGLY for Cincy.

AJ likely will not play again this year.

My WR core sucks and I'm likely losing Tyrell Williams who may be shut down for the same reason.

Where you seeing Tyrell is getting shut down?

He said if he's healthy he will come back regardless of playoff situation. That could be all smoke, but something leads me to believe he's trying to make it back. He was seen jogging last week, and he isn't on the ir, so he's taking up a roster spot. If they planned to shut him down, I don't see why either of things would be happening. They aren't going to be rushing him back, but if he's cleared to play and is at 100% I don't see why they wouldn't put him out there.

Agree with the above post.

If he's ready I don't see why they wouldn't either.

I know I wouldn't.

Especially since they aren't making the playoffs.

I hope he comes back to try and hit the 1000 yard mark again. Puts the guy in rare company for the first 5 years in the NFL

ruled out for this week. If he doesn't play next week he won't see my starting lineup if I make it to week 16. I don't see them shutting him down, though. If they wanted to, they would have already.

Who knows?

Wouldn't surprise me either way.

I hope he does come back for my playoffs but I'm not counting on it.

I don't know that this is an injury that they would be very concerned about long term. It's not a knee ligament or anything. I'm not a doctor though.

Not being in the playoff hunt means they aren't going to rush him out there.

You know if he comes back its to hit that 1000 yard mark. He is going to tell Dalton to get him the ball, especially since they aren't making the playoffs anyway

• Like 1

ruled out for this week. If he doesn't play next week he won't see my starting lineup if I make it to week 16. I don't see them shutting him down, though. If they wanted to, they would have already.

If he's playing, he's in my lineup. They have nothing to gain by him being some decoy out there or suiting him to sit him. If he's playing, he's going to be 100%. No reason to not have him in your lineup.

You know if he comes back its to hit that 1000 yard mark. He is going to tell Dalton to get him the ball, especially since they aren't making the playoffs anyway

Agree 100%, he wants that 1000 yd mark and Dalton would be looking for him to get it too. Makes too much sense....................

Maybe he could write a book and call it (just give me the darn ball).