Sign in to follow this  
$epphori$

RGIII Is Killing Pryor's Fantasy Value WTF Are You Doing Cleveland?

There is nothing to see here Cleveland, RGIII BLOWS!!!

Why are you even playing him?

Play someone who can actually be a bad QB,

RGIII is a pathetic QB, he doesnt even deserve to hold a clipboard.

After losing AJ Green I have been relying on Pryor as my WR2

behind OBJ. My other options are Kelvin and Travis Benjamin,

Lockett and Boyd.

Man, I really hope Cleveland gets their act togetehr and benches this RGIII
stiff in the next 2 weeks. Any homers have any insight to what is being said?

Was hoping Corey Coleman would get going with RG3 as they paired well early in the season. 11 targets, 3 catches for pocket change... Not sure WTF was going on that game, i hope it was RG3 sucking and not CC

You're upset with RGIII, a guy who hasn't played since week 2 or something? Get a grip! Also, the weather wasn't exactly conducive to chucking it all over the field in Cleveland yesterday.

Cleveland is like a moron that keeps trying to prove to everyone that the world is flat... or refuses to believe a fact that everyone else in the nfl knows. RG3 sucks and is not a nfl quality qb. but hey.. at least they didnt draft Goff.

I can't believe Cleveland didn't consult with you before they made this decision - and with the fate of one of your 18 different Yahoo leagues hanging in the balance.

• Like 1

Cleveland is like a moron that keeps trying to prove to everyone that the world is flat... or refuses to believe a fact that everyone else in the nfl knows. RG3 sucks and is not a nfl quality qb. but hey.. at least they didnt draft Goff.

well that statement is only relevant in comparison to the other "nfl quality qb" options on their roster...which is none.

thus they're no better or worse off for starting RG3.

There no since in the Browns drafting a Qb in the next draft.

They should just once again add depth to their WRs postion.

well that statement is only relevant in comparison to the other "nfl quality qb" options on their roster...which is none.

thus they're no better or worse off for starting RG3.

the lack of quality qbs is directly related to FO ineptitude. I would argue that any other option is better then rg3. also, why would you pay 15mil/ 2y to someone who is no better than what you already have. they are definitely worse off as that money could have been used to shore up any other weakneses on the team,.. which are plenty

the lack of quality qbs is directly related to FO ineptitude. I would argue that any other option is better then rg3. also, why would you pay 15mil/ 2y to someone who is no better than what you already have. they are definitely worse off as that money could have been used to shore up any other weakneses on the team,.. which are plenty

well signing him at all is a different criticism than playing him at this point in time.

Obviously it was a bad deal, but there's no going back on that now so don't even bother addressing the real dollars out or where those dollars could have been spent elsewhere. The Front Office will have to account for that during their end of the year review.

I only meant for my comment to be reflective of yesterday's situation. What they've been trying before wasn't working, so I have no problem with them trying something else. That doesn't give the front office a pass for signing him, just acknowledging that it can't hurt to try him out.

There is nothing to see here Cleveland, RGIII BLOWS!!!

Why are you even playing him?

Play someone who can actually be a bad QB,

RGIII is a pathetic QB, he doesnt even deserve to hold a clipboard.

After losing AJ Green I have been relying on Pryor as my WR2

behind OBJ. My other options are Kelvin and Travis Benjamin,

Lockett and Boyd.

Man, I really hope Cleveland gets their act togetehr and benches this RGIII

stiff in the next 2 weeks. Any homers have any insight to what is being said?

This is about seeing if RG3 can be the guy for this team going forward.

They signed him, but they really havnt seen enough of him to truly evaluate him and figure out if they can work with him.

and they dont care about your fantasy football team. They care about long term prospects for the Cleveland Browns.

That's what's going on.

• Like 1

This is about seeing if RG3 can be the guy for this team going forward.

They signed him, but they really havnt seen enough of him to truly evaluate him and figure out if they can work with him.

and they dont care about your fantasy football team. They care about long term prospects for the Cleveland Browns.

That's what's going on.

RGIII isnt the guy moving forward or backwards. He sucks. what did he have 5 completions? And to the poster who said it wasnt good weather...well do you mean they had weather that nobody else ever played in? like an earthquake? or a volcanic eruption? cuz all the other professional QBs can pass in the rain, snow, or wind. RGIII is just the suck.

Hue Jackson is showing he's a horrible coach for even bringing RG3 onboard and giving him QB 1 status for the team.

Might as well dump Pryor. He is now irrelevant.

I was wondering what happened to him. Didn't even consider RG3's effect on him.

Hue Jackson is showing he's a horrible coach for even bringing RG3 onboard and giving him QB 1 status for the team.

That flea-flicker call from the end-zone (leading to an INT) shows that too.

That flea-flicker call from the end-zone (leading to an INT) shows that too.

It's a one read play so it's all Hue can call for RGNoprogressions

• Like 1

I was wondering what happened to him. Didn't even consider RG3's effect on him.

Three targets says it all. Cleveland has to have the biggest idiots running that team. The GM, draft scouts, head coach, water boy- they all are incompetent.

Even Crow only got about 10 carries and he got over 100 yards. How come he didn't run as much as Bell did in Buffalo? Same weather.

I doubt this was about Hue Jackson at all.

Most likely: When they decided not to select a QB in the first round (a decision that I think wasnt a bad one given what they got for it and what the scouting reports looked like for the top QB's) The decision was to bring in RG3 on a contract that is easy for the team to escape from.

This was done because everyone knew they needed help at QB, and I think doing nothing would have looked irresponsible. So they brought in a player who did have one very good rookie year, and then flamed out. They figured if it worked out, they keep him, if not, it bought them a year to scout out other QB's in the next draft which is considered to be a more QB rich draft.

I dont think this move says anything about the coaching. but it does give an indication as to what management is thinking.

I cut Pryor to pick up Inman. I just can't trust Pryor with RG3, all that wind, snow, and brutal weather in the NE.

IIRC back in August rg3 was throwing 50 yard td bombs to Pryor. When protected and healthy he's capable of feeding Pryor. Unfortunately protected and healthy are terms rarely used to describe rg3.

Also the flea flicker in the end zone last week: why not? If it works it sparks some fun and momentum for the team. If it doesn't work big fkn deal, it's not like they're winning the game.

The owners are idiots and/or don't care about winning. There is no other reason a pro franchise should be consistently bad for decades.

I thought it was common sense Cleveland knew they had no shot in 2016, started a total overhaul and is more focused on building through accumulating draft picks and doing as much as possible to pick early in the draft.

To complain about RG3 (strike gold or if not, tank) or the coach or front office (new last year) seems silly to me.

See Chicago Cubs (Champs), Edmonton Oilers (Conor McDavid), Philly 76ers (doesn't always work)...

I doubt this was about Hue Jackson at all.

Most likely: When they decided not to select a QB in the first round (a decision that I think wasnt a bad one given what they got for it and what the scouting reports looked like for the top QB's) The decision was to bring in RG3 on a contract that is easy for the team to escape from.

This was done because everyone knew they needed help at QB, and I think doing nothing would have looked irresponsible. So they brought in a player who did have one very good rookie year, and then flamed out. They figured if it worked out, they keep him, if not, it bought them a year to scout out other QB's in the next draft which is considered to be a more QB rich draft.

I dont think this move says anything about the coaching. but it does give an indication as to what management is thinking.

I think this is a good take, but what I'd be cautious of though is that the scouts that are looking to pick that "QB savior" in 2017 are the same scouts that thought Cody Kessler was worth a 3rd rd pick this yr over Dak, Connor Cook, Cardale Jones, Brissett, etc.

Better draft doesn't necessarily mean better results if the mgmt. in place is faulty.

I think this is a good take, but what I'd be cautious of though is that the scouts that are looking to pick that "QB savior" in 2017 are the same scouts that thought Cody Kessler was worth a 3rd rd pick this yr over Dak, Connor Cook, Cardale Jones, Brissett, etc.

Better draft doesn't necessarily mean better results if the mgmt. in place is faulty.

You're making the presumption that Cody Kessler would be hot garbage behind the Cowboys stellar offensive line and with those weapons. I don't think he would. He'd probably be posting numbers similar to Dak. Ole Mr Prescott hasn't lit the world on fire. I don't see people rushing to get him in their ff lineup. He has done well, but he has been more of a "game manager" than a "game changer." That's ok. Put Dak on the Browns and would he be in the MVP conversation? No, he'd be talked about as a wasted pick!

Don't forget, that in 2014 prior to Mack getting injured Brian Hoyer had the Browns offense humming at nearly 27 pts/gm, and that was without a true #1 WR.

You're making the presumption that Cody Kessler would be hot garbage behind the Cowboys stellar offensive line and with those weapons. I don't think he would. He'd probably be posting numbers similar to Dak. Ole Mr Prescott hasn't lit the world on fire. I don't see people rushing to get him in their ff lineup. He has done well, but he has been more of a "game manager" than a "game changer." That's ok. Put Dak on the Browns and would he be in the MVP conversation? No, he'd be talked about as a wasted pick!

Don't forget, that in 2014 prior to Mack getting injured Brian Hoyer had the Browns offense humming at nearly 27 pts/gm, and that was without a true #1 WR.

good point. Even outside of just the Cle narrative though, many were still very surprised that they chose Kessler over those others. Many thought he was closer to a 5th/6th rd pick and had Cook/Dak/Cardale closer to the 3/4th rd they actually went around.

That's the point I was trying to make. You're correct that any QB prospect would look bad on Cle, but Kessler even in a vacuum was still lesser thought of, and they still took him before those others.