Sign in to follow this  
American Chewy

Farrow or Powell

still have faab left, our league doesn't lock rosters for the playoffs (maybe we should change that), and i could use a potential flex upgrade for next week's game.

Farrow v oakland (clev in wk 16)

Powell v miami (pats in wk 16)

farrow might split with hillman with hillman getting the passing downs. raiders are a good matchup.

powell looks like he'd be a one man show, though that jets offense is brutal.

whose more worth going after?

Lol wow this is a great question.

If Forte is out then without hesitation I'm going with Powell.

He would receive a lot of work.

I'm looking at the same boat; top waiver priority so I'll be interested to see what people say also on this topic.

And rosters shouldn't lock just because playoffs start. Any non playoff teams they should, but teams that are in should still be able to make moves.

Definitely Powell. Powell had some value even with Forte healthy so even if Forte plays I'd imagine he wouldn't get as many touches as usual.

FWIW Farrow's blurb on yahoo also says something about a platoon with Hillman

Powell can get you 20 in PPR...Farrow might be a high floor also. He should see a lot of targets from Rivers, but the split will take away opportunities. I see Farrow getting at least 10 though...

Day to day.

Farrow will get over 20 carries, that is a given, even with Hillman coming in to catch a few third down passes.. Powell, not so sure because he may just be a back up with his usual 10-12.

Hillman has had enough opportunities on enough teams, that if he were a decent option we would know. San Diego has nothing to play for, they may as well find out if Farrow is any good.

• Like 1

Hillman has had enough opportunities on enough teams, that if he were a decent option we would know. San Diego has nothing to play for, they may as well find out if Farrow is any good.

This is the key. We don't know if he is any good. That is a big risk to take in the playoffs. If Forte is out we know Powell will get a lot of action and he has done welll in the past with that.

This is the key. We don't know if he is any good. That is a big risk to take in the playoffs. If Forte is out we know Powell will get a lot of action and he has done welll in the past with that.

I don't think anybody thinks Farrow is "good." He was an udfa for a reason, and he didn't do much last game with only getting 78 total yards on 22 touches against a pretty average at best Car defense. The touches are the only significant thing we should be tracking for him right now though, as anybody is fantasy relevant if they're getting 22 touches.

The sucky thing is both Gordon and Forte are being reported as "day to day," which gives us no clarity on a decision we need to make tonight. But the decision itself should really only come down to who's likelier to miss time, Gordon or Forte, and then pick that backup accordingly.

I can tell you I'm leaning towards taking Powell right now, but I'd wish more info would come out.

I'm not arguing Farrow over Powell...

I would rather trust Powell in a playof game then Farrow.

But of course Forte statis as a lot to do with this decision.

But I'm still picking Powell.

Chargers have Hillman overvalued because he was an Aztec,

Good luck with your choice, Chewy.

I think the value that Hillman brings to them is in a 3rd down back role because Farrow did not do well in pass protection Sunday. (Remember that Hillman was not active Sun, so that contributed to why Farrow got 22 touches.)

So if you take away the potential for Farrow to be an every down back, then he's just a below average individual getting closer to 10-15 touches per game, which significantly decreases his value. I think Farrow needs to be an every down back for him to be worthwhile as it doesn't appear that he's an overly talented player.

Something to think about.

Would you play either of them over McKinnon (vs Indy) this week? He's currently my RB2 w/ Riddick looking out.

yes, I would play either...and I'm a die hard Vikes homer.

We have an abysmal offensive line, and Asiata steals the goal line work, so McKinnon is no sure thing anyway. I'd much rather trust either of them, who both also have good matchups, and should see at least as many touches + goal line work.

I would agree

I would play either one of them over McKinnon also.

I got them both; yay.

I knew I'd Powell as I had highest waiver priority, but next guy went Buf D with his first waiver, and next guy went Dixon instead of Farrow.

Twas a good morning.

Did anybody watch chargers game? Was Farrow impressive?

I didn't watch the game, but his stat line was 22 touches for 78 total yards.

Not impressive numbers individually, but 22 touches is still 22 touches.

What he has going for him is opportunity, on a team with a good QB to take pressure off of him, and two good matchups coming up.

That means he needs to at least be in flex consideration, and maybe RB2 depending on your other options.

Boom. Couldn't agree more. Hillman couldn't see the field in Minnesota and there were obvious opportunities.. Also, Zimmer made some odd comments about him, about readiness, etc.. Why not see what Farrow brings to the table? The grab of Hillman almost seemed like a play to keep him away from Denver. LOL

Playing both Farrow and Powell over Gurley and Kelvin B.

Wow, funny how the season guides us in crazy directions, no? Whooda thunk it? LOL

Also, Zimmer made some odd comments about him, about readiness, etc..

The thing is, Zimmer makes odd comments about a lot of his players - when he isn't outright throwing them under the bus.

course the guy i'm playing got powell (had one more faab $ than i had left), but at least i got farrow. be starting him for sure at flex over guys like marshall, jones, brate, thielen, and wallace.