Sign in to follow this  
Fearsome

Alshon Jeffery...Who's rolling with him?

Jeffery is back this week for a home date with the brutal Packers defensive backs after serving a four week suspension for PED's. Is he a player you can insert with confidence in the semifinal round of your playoffs? My receivers are a disaster (also an AJ Green owner) and any added production from Jeffery is welcome but can you trust him? I play in a standard WR/TE combo league and started A Rob, J Graham and G Olsen netting me a total of 12 points with the two AJ's riding the pine. Doing it with smoke and mirrors but a healthy Jeffery would help. Thoughts?

Everyone else can have him.

I got him just for the corkblock effect. May not play him at all. Weather is a big factor.

Jeffery has the most value with Cutler throwing him the ball. hes a crapshoot with any of the other Bears QB's.

if you have poor options, he's got some upside, but is likely a WR3/Flex. Not due to talent, but because there is no chemistry with him and the Current QB in Chicago.

It wouldnt surprise me if he got a lot of looks anyways, so he may not be a terrible start, but I wouldnt expect WR1 numbers.

The only saving grace is that I believe this is a contract year, so he's going to want to burn up the last few games.

Can't do it. I understand snatching him as a keepaway tactic just in-Case. t's just too shaky to actually start him in a season-long league with what we know right now.

I'm speaking to you all from the abyss of elimination. It's a sad abyss. Rotoworld doesn't even feel the same now that it only matters to me for daily and sad closure on hurt folks like AJ Green or Gordon.

Don't put your season in the trash by messing around a shaky commodity like Alshon.

Don't join meeeeeee...

I might be desperate enough despite the weather and Matt Barkley. The Bears are hurting at receiver so he should see increased targets on that alone. I play in a standard WR/TE combo league so for 3 spots I have A Rob, G Olsen, J Graham, AJ Green and Jeffrey. See what I mean? Green should be out and I probably will swap Jeffrey for A Rob who has been a joke.

Can't do it. I understand snatching him as a keepaway tactic just in-Case. t's just too shaky to actually start him in a season-long league with what we know right now.

I'm speaking to you all from the abyss of elimination. It's a sad abyss. Rotoworld doesn't even feel the same now that it only matters to me for daily and sad closure on hurt folks like AJ Green or Gordon.

Don't put your season in the trash by messing around a shaky commodity like Alshon.

Don't join meeeeeee...

Reading this, I hear Jeff Goldblum from 'The Fly', pleading in his tiny, desperate voice,

"save meeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!"

I'm sorry, man. :(

Similar boat. My WRs are a disaster...

Drafted:

Jeffery- Sucks at Home in frigid/windy elements. Could be playing from behind. If he performs he could really make millions so wouldnt surprised me if he went off... but he's been hirrible all year.

M.Floyd- Dropped

J.Matthews- Sucks @Balt

T.Hill- can I really trust him with Maclin back? He's been good but watched last game and just doesnt seen enough targets. I dont know

A. Theilen- picked him up @ home vs Indy. Minny really needs this game so these guys should be giving it their all. Indy D is alittle suspect ontop of it.

Dont know what to do???

Aren't they starting Matt Barkley at QB?

Brees

Zeke

Coleman

Boldin

Hill

Eifert

Cards.

Aren't they starting Matt Barkley at QB?

Yes but all of their targets are either out or limited. AJ could get a huge opportunity just for taking the field against the packers sorry DB's.

Drafted him and dropped him. Wouldn't trust him in an important fantasy playoff game. He hasn't shown anything this year that makes him a must start upon his return. No time to develop chemistry with Barkley. After being out for 4 weeks possible that he is on a snap count due to conditioning. Cold and windy weather. Also, don't rule out the the Bears organization is done with him. If they are moving on there is really no reason to showcase him. If they are considering keeping him and hoping for a discount there is no reason to showcase him and create demand.

I can start 3 WRs (or 4 if I sit one of Gore/Freeman/Kelley)... Adams starting for sure, Hill probably, but then

Julio and Moncrief hurt

Picked up Alshon

He's currently starting over Gabriel/Mitchell/Britt. Hate Mitchell vs Denver, hate Britt vs SEA, Gabriel last option but should be run heavy vs 49ers. I nabbed him and probably have to start him on a prayer.

Gabriel

So then who do you start...Alshon, A Rob or Green? Leaning Alshon. Standard. Awful weather. Possible below zero temps but A Rob has been under 5 points for it seems like forever and I don't think Green sees more than 50% of the snaps on passing downs if he plays. No win. Starting TE's Olsen and Graham tonight. Convince me!

Below 0, snow and Jeffreys??? He disappeared when it was warm and clear.. (Now it probably means 110 NS 3)