Sign in to follow this  
BTL99

Confidence in starting Andrew Luck at Minnesota?

I have him in all 3 of my leagues. Vikings defense is no joke and they are at home.

Would you start any of these guys over Luck?

-Joe Flacco

-Marcus Mariota

-Tyrod Taylor

Thanks.

Wow....... timely post for me also.

I have benched him in 2 of my 3 leagues for week 15. In one league I am starting Flacco over him and in the other I am starting Winston over him.

This could change by Sunday if I get enough feedback from folks. He is missing some lineman and Moncrief is out, so.....

Flacco

and....... I found this:

Bust: Andrew Luck (the highest weekly finish versus Minnesota is QB12 and they allow just 6.3 yards per pass attempt),

• Like 1

Minny eats qbs and WRs. This is not a good match up at all. Flaccid is hot, go,with him at home against a weak defense.

Dixon.

I'm sure I'll start Luck, and he'll throw for 140 and 3 picks. But, it's not like Minnesota is the 76 Steelers or 85 Bears. The game is indoors, and at the very least Luck should get some garbage stats. I'd feel a little better if Moncrief was playing though.

One more thing that is a bit promising. EVERY 'expert' hates Luck this week. Some of the tools on Sirious were talking about starting Bradford over him. When these clowns are in unanimous agreement on a player, you can almost guarantee the opposite happens.

• Like 1

I might be starting Dak at home vs Tampa...but I also have TY, so would probably sit him for Tyrell Williams (who as a decent match-up at home vs the Raiders).

Damn, week 15 and I'm thinking about sitting Luck and TY??? :dunno:

• Like 1

I might be starting Dak at home vs Tampa...but I also have TY, so would probably sit him for Tyrell Williams (who as a decent match-up at home vs the Raiders).

Damn, week 15 and I'm thinking about sitting Luck and TY??? :dunno:

Dont do it...Luck and TY will make you cry

Just saw that Indy will be without 3 starting linemen. This isn't looking good. There's garbage on my waiver wire, but I may seriously consider starting Siemian. God help us

Just saw that Indy will be without 3 starting linemen. This isn't looking good. There's garbage on my waiver wire, but I may seriously consider starting Siemian. God help us

Wow, didn't know that. I don't see anyway you can play Luck now,

I'm sure I'll start Luck, and he'll throw for 140 and 3 picks. But, it's not like Minnesota is the 76 Steelers or 85 Bears. The game is indoors, and at the very least Luck should get some garbage stats. I'd feel a little better if Moncrief was playing though.

One more thing that is a bit promising. EVERY 'expert' hates Luck this week. Some of the tools on Sirious were talking about starting Bradford over him. When these clowns are in unanimous agreement on a player, you can almost guarantee the opposite happens.

I've got Luck and TY and considering at least sitting Luck. In my league, we reward QB's 6 points for passing TD's and only ONE QB has gotten more than 17 points against the Vikings this season and that was Kirk Cousins. (Week 10 Vikes AT Washington road game). Problem is, my only options are his opponent (who does look ready to bust out with healthy receiving corps and healthy OL) and Kaepernick (puke).

Dont do it...Luck and TY will make you cry

Woo! A poet who don't know it (okay, maybe you do). :D

TY is a safe start. He is smaller and they do a good job of moving him around. Rhodes won't be on him every play.

Harrison Smith(safety) and Trae Waynes(cb) are out and one of their other cb's is questionable.

I might start Luck just because of that.

• Like 1

The Colts have maybe the second worst offensive line in football behind Seattle and just lost RG Denzel Good to a concussion. They're starting two rookies on their right side, and of course C Ryan Kelly is also a first year player. That line gave up 17 pressures last week against Houston, and is going to absolutely get clobbered in Minnesota, where the crowd noise alone will cause huge problems for the two rookies starting.

Luck may not even make the end of this game, and as a Raider fan that has repurcussions as Indy plays Oakland next week. Because of that line, Raider fans are very confident about that game. And that's with our defense. Against Minnesota? Wow.

• Like 1

Is hard to say, but Vikes Def has been adjusting well with losses of key stars. Like harrison smith, etc.

Take a look at how other QB have faired. Is the best way to assess this game.

But know Vikings are playing to keep their WC hopes alive. If AP is to play, look for team to arrive with the intent to show up as a complete team.

I'm scurred of Luck this week. The colts lack depth in an obvious and dramatic way...especially on offense. It's a 'how is the gm still the gm' situation big-time (unless the coach and/or owner is meddling).

And now they are hurting. Oline is depleted. Dorsett is going to have to play more again and has barely been decent with or without Creef. I'm surprised they didn't kick the tires on Floyd...maybe it was a $ thing.

The Texans beat them in Indy for the first time. It is borderline likely that the Vikes give hell to the colts this week. Sure, we're guessing. But Luck hasn't exactly been matchup proof this year. And the Vikes with reasons to play with Zimmer ready to roll somebody is a scary spot for Luck. Maybe he makes some lemonade and ends up being 'startable' but your other options are key.

• Like 1

Luck is lighting them up!

Or Luck could have all the time in the world to throw and he'll have a great game in Minny. Color me wrong. All wrong.