Sign in to follow this  
Kopy

WWWF/WWF/WWE Mt. Rushmore

We've done this in the past with wrestling in general. But what about just this specific company?

I went to my first WWE event in 20 years yesterday. I take my grandson to our indy shows once a month, but he always wanted to see the big time. A Smackdown show, it was good (not for the price compared to what I usually see). But the main event was awesome. Cena vs Styles hard core match. Went about 20 minutes, and people were hanging from the rafters. Excellent.

Just got me wondering, is Cena really that guy. And if so, who else?

I'm gonna say:

Bruno Sammortino

Hulk Hogan

John Cena

The Undertaker

#4 was a real tough call for me. So many good ones. Backlund, Savage, Austin, Rock. But I think the Undertakers longevity wins out. ( I guess call it the Brett Farve award)

As a side note also. On TV we see the Cena sucks chants, or lets go Cena/Cena sux. But by god this arena popped for his entrance, then eventual win.

Cena seems like a dork.

For me and my era Stone Cold is a lock as is Hulk Hogan. After that I don't know.

The Rock

Stone Cold Steve Austin

Shawn Michaels

HHH

Attitude Era > all else

Andre the Giant

Hulk Hogan

Shawn Michaels

Steve Austin

Andre The Giant? really people?

Why not the Great Khali?

they had the same wrestling ability

Hogan, Savage, Austin, Rock

I would've put Flair and Sting over Austin and Rock if we were talking all wrestling companies. Flair and Sting had the longevity that Austin and Rock didn't as top full-time performers. I can't give it to Undertaker cause he wasn't much of a draw. The two wrestlemania's that he main event did a very low buyrate and he never moved the needle ratings wise when champion.

Cena was the top star in the worst era but has one hell of a resume over a 12 year period.

It's Taker, stone cold, the Rock and Hogan. Shawn Michaels is right there after, but that's the list.

It's Taker, stone cold, the Rock and Hogan. Shawn Michaels is right there after, but that's the list.

This is correct. Except for the part about Shawn Michaels. The most overrated wrassler ever, pretty much. I would replace Michaels with Roddy Piper in your statement.

No Bruno, really? I always thought he was over rated, when compared to the AWA and NWA, but I'm not sure we'd be where we are today without him carrying the WWWF until the Hogan era.

This is correct. Except for the part about Shawn Michaels. The most overrated wrassler ever, pretty much. I would replace Michaels with Roddy Piper in your statement.

Sure he isn't

Wrestlemania 25

Taker vs Michaels

greatest wrestlemania match of all time

GASP! That's mr wrestlemania you are talking about, bite your tongue! HBK is a god, responsible for some of the best feuds, stables, matches of all time. Loved him so much as a technician and character.

Sure he isn't

Wrestlemania 25

Taker vs Michaels

greatest wrestlemania match of all time

That wasn't even HBKs best wrestlemania match ever...

I have never been a fan, for a small guy his matches just didn't "Get" me, his mic work has always been meh. Marty Janetty was the real talent of The Rockers.

ok, so that last line was a joke, but he is a step below that upper echelon of SCSA, Hogan, Taker, The Rock and I would throw Macho Man, HHH, Cena, Bret Hart and Piper above him as well.

That wasn't even HBKs best wrestlemania match ever...

I have never been a fan, for a small guy his matches just didn't "Get" me, his mic work has always been meh.

ok, so that last line was a joke, but he is a step below that upper echelon of SCSA, Hogan, Taker, The Rock and I would throw Macho Man, Bret Hart and Piper above him as well.

All great choices, to each their own.

After those latest Paige videos, she is definitely going up there. She is really good at Mounting.

great call

All great choices, to each their own.

Right. I have always hated HBK for being a whiny, lazy-eyed, unfunny turd.

Chris Jericho is wildly underrated

• Like 1

Chris Jericho is wildly underrated

If you have never read any of his books, do yourself the favor. Some funny stuff in all of them. Easy reads and some good stories about wrestlers, rockers, etc.

If you have never read any of his books, do yourself the favor. Some funny stuff in all of them. Easy reads and some good stories about wrestlers, rockers, etc.

His podcast is great