Sign in to follow this  
purplengold47

NFL lead investigator recommends no suspension for Zeke.

Here's another thing I don't get; (copied from the article above)

"According to the NFLPA filing, Kia Wright Roberts, the NFL's director of investigations, testified Tuesday that she was the only NFL employee who interviewed Tiffany Thompson -- the woman who has accused Elliott of domestic violence -- during the investigation and that she would not have recommended discipline for Elliott based on what she found.

Roberts told Lisa Friel, who investigates domestic violence cases for the NFL, of her views, but was never allowed to convey them to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell or the "independent advisors."

If Roberts is the Director of Investigations and Friel is just someone who investigates, then shouldn't that make Roberts Friel's boss? If so, why is it Friel and not Roberts, that has direct access to Goodell?

If not, then what the hell does Friel do that gives her that direct access to Goodell?

Here's another thing I don't get; (copied from the article above)

"According to the NFLPA filing, Kia Wright Roberts, the NFL's director of investigations, testified Tuesday that she was the only NFL employee who interviewed Tiffany Thompson -- the woman who has accused Elliott of domestic violence -- during the investigation and that she would not have recommended discipline for Elliott based on what she found.

Roberts told Lisa Friel, who investigates domestic violence cases for the NFL, of her views, but was never allowed to convey them to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell or the "independent advisors."

If Roberts is the Director of Investigations and Friel is just someone who investigates, then shouldn't that make Roberts Friel's boss? If so, why is it Friel and not Roberts, that has direct access to Goodell?

If not, then what the hell does Friel do that gives her that direct access to Goodell?

You're using logic and that doesn't apply here

Friel was hired for no reason other than to make Goodell look good after the Ray Rice incident

She is the figurehead of the domestic violence, etc. department so in that sense she is above everyone other than Goodell in regards to that topic

What an absolute joke. Forget football for a minute. This is the that can legitimately ruin a mans life. Being labeled as a 'wife beater' is about as low as it gets. I hope Goodell gets a never ending case of the Clap.

You're using logic and that doesn't apply here

Friel was hired for no reason other than to make Goodell look good after the Ray Rice incident

She is the figurehead of the domestic violence, etc. department so in that sense she is above everyone other than Goodell in regards to that topic

Not the first time I've been told I think too logically.

And I figured as much about the whole team being hired as nothing more than a symbolic gesture, but was just curious why they specifically used Robert's title as Director, but then didn't give a label for Friel.

Makes it even more confusing.

When you dig in and actually eat some of the meat of these stories, this is gross incompetence. This is not PR spin and keeping the NFL in the news. It's a complete clown show!!

He has had over a year to get all of his ducks in a row. Instead, what he has is a cluster $#&^.

When you dig in and actually eat some of the meat of these stories, this is gross incompetence. This is not PR spin and keeping the NFL in the news. It's a complete clown show!!

He has had over a year to get all of his ducks in a row. Instead, what he has is a cluster $#&^.

That's been the case with all of the incidents Goodell has overseen

People love to see the aftermath of a train wreck

Goodell' worst nightmare is for Jerry to get pissed off enough to go to battle on this.... and it's happening

Good 'ol Rog got a 5-year extension, Jerry would have had to approve I would imagine. Unless it's just a majority of the owners need to approve. Either way, it's a total joke.

Goodell' worst nightmare is for Jerry to get pissed off enough to go to battle on this.... and it's happening

BTW - Why would you advertise this team? This team kind of blows, who was your 1st rd pick? I don't even see a 2nd rd'er, maybe not even a 3rd, I suppose Gronk.

QB - Palmer, Winston

RB - Lamar Miller, Mark Ingram, Blount, Lewis, Harris

WR - Brandon Marshall, Emmanual Sanders, Stefon Diggs, Fuller

TE - Gronk, Eifert

K - McManus

Def - Bills

No offense, but do you play in a 20 man league? Who was your #1 pick??

I still can't get around how it was possible the only person to interview the accuser (who wrote 160 page report and recommended no suspension) wasn't allowed to meet with Goodell or have her findings part of the final presentation before he made his decision.

Just really wtf is going on at the league office?

BTW - Why would you advertise this team? This team kind of blows, who was your 1st rd pick? I don't even see a 2nd rd'er, maybe not even a 3rd, I suppose Gronk.

QB - Palmer, Winston

RB - Lamar Miller, Mark Ingram, Blount, Lewis, Harris

WR - Brandon Marshall, Emmanual Sanders, Stefon Diggs, Fuller

TE - Gronk, Eifert

K - McManus

Def - Bills

That looks like a 2016 team

That was what my roster finished like last year, need to update.

LOL, OK, thanks for the update, makes more sense! :)

• Like 1

LOL, OK, thanks for the update, makes more sense! :)

lol no problem. It was a pretty bad team in 2016 and looks like trash if that was a 2017 team 😂