Sign in to follow this  
edjr

The Term ‘Last Name’ is now deemed offensive by College administrators

http://ussanews.com/News1/2017/09/08/the-term-last-name-is-now-deemed-offensive-by-college-administrators/

According to George Mason University, the term “last name” should be avoided as it is ‘offensive’.

The Daily Caller News Foundation reports teaching assistants at the Virginia university were told to avoid using the term “last name,” as well as other phrases, to ensure the classroom is ‘inclusive’.
During the mandatory training on Tuesday, the teaching assistants were also advised to avoid using “freshman,” and the phrase “it is easy to imagine,” as part of a guide entitled “Creating Inclusive Classrooms.”
The guide also suggested that graduate teaching assistants should include a diversity statement in their syllabi and request to know what pronoun a student uses as well as their name.
The guide stresses that the syllabi of the teaching assistants should be “written in non-sexist, gender-inclusive terms,” such as ‘humankind’ instead of mankind and ‘first-year student’ instead of freshman.
Teaching assistants must also be inclusive by not assuming their students have “Eurocentric name forms.”
“For example, use family name rather than last name or given name versus Christian name,” the guide instructs.
According to The Daily Caller:

George Mason recommends that graduate TAs make sure students can pronounce each others’ names, suggesting using notecards with phonetic spelling. Graduate TAs are also encouraged to ask students for the name and pronoun that agrees with their gender identity and expression.

Another non-inclusive term is “everyone knows” as it assumes “a shared cultural context and can function to silence or discourage students from asking questions.”
Even though the guide suggests what teaching assistants can say, not all of them plan to follow it.
“I won’t avoid saying things like ‘mankind’ or ‘freshman,’” one TA told the Daily Caller. “They aren’t even gendered words, kind of like ‘history.’ Not that I would avoid gendered words anyway.”

Holy hell.

We are so focked with people like this teaching people :(

“I won’t avoid saying things like ‘mankind’ or ‘freshman,’” one TA told the Daily Caller. “They aren’t even gendered words, kind of like ‘history.’ Not that I would avoid gendered words anyway.”

I never thought of history... his story ... he makes a great point. :thumbsup:

I never thought of history... his story ... he makes a great point. :thumbsup:

Jesus :wall:

There was a time when I detested rednecks

Did they pass or fail de test?

Oh I would so f*** with them if I was a freshman right now. 'Yes my name is a series of clicks and whistles.. '

1:25 mark :D

imagine the horror, he used the n word :o

The left is attempting to create a generic, risk free, bubble wrapped society with cradle to grave entitlements; the challenge will be making it to the cradle.

• Like 1

Another sjw outrage because the people they're defending may not know their dad let alone his last name?

What outrage?

Fock...you all keep taking small examples (this one listed only as "according to the DailyCaller") and extrapolating them out to the greater population like there is some big uproar.

There is t.

Is this stupid? Yes...idiotic.

Is it a widespread thing? Does not seem so by any measure.

Seems more like the right just loves to so much about liberals nonstop.

What outrage?

Fock...you all keep taking small examples (this one listed only as "according to the DailyCaller") and extrapolating them out to the greater population like there is some big uproar.

There is t.

Seems more like the right just loves to ###### so much about liberals nonstop.

Slo Nut to the rescue on yet ANOTHER issue he doesn't care about or voted for.

Congrats Simple Jack....you ma-ma-make me happy

• Like 1

What outrage?

There is t.

Seems more like the right just loves to ###### so much about liberals nonstop.

Obviously nobody here is directly affected by what happens at George Mason but it is death by a thousand cuts. This Newspeak is quite Orwellian and as an alleged libertarian you should have some amount of concern. Then again maybe not. :(

• Like 1

Slo Nut to the rescue on yet ANOTHER issue he doesn't care about or voted for.

Congrats Simple Jack....you ma-ma-make me happy

Great reply to where you were called out for the over the top bullshit.