Sign in to follow this  
CowboysDieHard

MVP of first half of season

Watson. Both the Cowboys and the Eagles would still be pretty good without Elliott and Wentz. Houston is entirely transformed by Watson.

I have both Zeke and Watson on my team and am somewhow still fighting my way out of the basement with a record of 2-5-1.

I have both Zeke and Watson on my team and am somewhow still fighting my way out of the basement with a record of 2-5-1.

damn what does the rest of your team look like lol

Brady.

It's not the new shiny MVP choice, but honestly.. what would this team be without him? Until proven otherwise, Brady is the reigning MVP and always will be. The Pats stand at the top of the mountain and have the furthest to fall without Brady.

Wentz in a runaway.

I'm a big Wentz fan.. but I want to see it over multiple seasons.

Wentz has also had a great Defense backing up his play. Brady? Not so much throught first half of season.

Ha, I feel you. Number 1 in highest points in one league but 3-5. I just need a bit luck to sneak into the playoff, then I feel good.

Watson and Wentz are it for QBs.

Zeke is running wild with the scandal, just glad he is using that as fuel instead of dragging him down. The better he performs, the better support he would get from those old rich white owners. He is playing his ways to getting those 6 games suspension removed. At the end of the day, Football is in the entertainment business.

There will be time for that evaluation down the road.. But for the purposes of this topic, he's clearly the going away frontrunner for MVP of this season.

Wentz has also had a great Defense backing up his play. Brady? Not so much throught first half of season.

What does mvp for this season matter about what he will do over multiple seasons?

You don't believe what we are seeing him do this season?

There will be time for that evaluation down the road.. But for the purposes of this topic, he's clearly the going away frontrunner for MVP of this season.

I can't argue that Wentz is right there.

Let's break down the numbers so far this season. Both Brady and Wentz have started 8 games.

Quarterback Rating: Brady 106.5 - Wentz 101.6

Pass Attempts: Brady 309 - Wentz 264

Pass Completions: Brady 206 - Wentz 162

Completion Percentage: Brady 66.7% - Wentz 61%

Passing Yards: Brady 2,541 - Wentz 2,063

Average Pass Completion Yards: Brady 8.2 - Wentz 7.8

Passing TD's: Wentz 19 - Brady 16

Interceptions: Brady 2 - Wentz 5

Rushing Yards: Wentz 203 - Brady 28

Record: Wentz 7-1 - Brady 6-2

Defense Points allowed: Eagles - 156 - Pats - 179

IMO the numbers are very tight with Brady leading in majority of passing stats. If it's far and away Wentz.. it's because Wentz is the new kid.

A lot for an Eagles fan to be excited about.

Ask yourself which team would suck more without it's QB this season?

The Browns organization.

They keep their fans in the seats and keep on losing.

It's a great system.

• Like 2

Brady gets the edge with me so far this season, because of how poorly the Pats defense has played. Now without Hightower let's see what happens rest of way.

The Browns organization.

They keep their fans in the seats and keep on losing.

It's a great system.

:first:

damn what does the rest of your team look like lol

Drafted and lost OBJ, Cook and Ty (mostly)

Started the season with Carr at QB

If this is the ultimate qualifier, then shut the voting down - bring Aaron Rodgers to the podium and lets get this award thing over with.

I can't argue that Wentz is right there.

Let's break down the numbers so far this season. Both Brady and Wentz have started 8 games.

Quarterback Rating: Brady 106.5 - Wentz 101.6

Pass Attempts: Brady 309 - Wentz 264

Pass Completions: Brady 206 - Wentz 162

Completion Percentage: Brady 66.7% - Wentz 61%

Passing Yards: Brady 2,541 - Wentz 2,063

Average Pass Completion Yards: Brady 8.2 - Wentz 7.8

Passing TD's: Wentz 19 - Brady 16

Interceptions: Brady 2 - Wentz 5

Rushing Yards: Wentz 203 - Brady 28

Record: Wentz 7-1 - Brady 6-2

Defense Points allowed: Eagles - 156 - Pats - 179

IMO the numbers are very tight with Brady leading in majority of passing stats. If it's far and away Wentz.. it's because Wentz is the new kid.

A lot for an Eagles fan to be excited about.

This is easy... the Eagles. We've seen in the past the Patriots don't need Brady. Last year they were 3-1 when people said they'd go 0-4. Back in 2008, people said the Patriots season was over when Brady went down in Week 1... they went 11-5 and won the division.

Think about it. Who's the most talked about free agent / trade chip QB next offseason? It's Garoppalo, the Patriots back up. Without looking it up, who's the Eagles' backup? I don't know who it is.

• Like 1

This is easy... the Eagles. We've seen in the past the Patriots don't need Brady. Think about it. Who's the most talked about free agent / trade chip QB next offseason? It's Garoppalo, the Patriots back up. Without looking it up, who's the Eagles' backup? I don't know who it is.

I have a feeling Nick Foles would do quite well with that Eagles cast. He's done it before, 2013 finished the year with a QB rating of 119.2, 27 TD's and 2 INT's. Not a knock on Wentz, he's looks like the real deal.

This is a good debate.

I have a feeling Nick Foles would do quite well with that Eagles cast. He's done it before. Not a knock on Wentz, he's looks like the real deal.

This is a good debate.

Nick Foles stinks. He proved he can't play. He had a nice run, but the league figured him out. It's over for him.

This is easy... the Eagles. We've seen in the past the Patriots don't need Brady. Last year they were 3-1 when people said they'd go 0-4. Back in 2008, people said the Patriots season was over when Brady went down in Week 1... they went 11-5 and won the division.

Think about it. Who's the most talked about free agent / trade chip QB next offseason? It's Garoppalo, the Patriots back up. Without looking it up, who's the Eagles' backup? I don't know who it is.

Jimmy Garoppolo looks the part, but lacks the true body of work to make that call, Nick Foles has done it over a full season. Sure he's also played sh!tty, but he has at least one full season of proving himself. 2013 was quite a season.

Jimmy Garoppolo looks the part, but lacks the true body of work to make that call, Nick Foles has done it over a full season. Sure he's also played sh!tty, but he has at least one full season of proving himself. 2013 was quite a season.

10 games now constitutes a "full season"? I'd so much rather have Garoppalo (and Belichick), than Foles (and Pederson). If both QB's never took another snap the rest of the season, the Patriots would still win their division and probably still get a first round bye while the Eagles would miss the playoffs. That said, this is more of a Pederson/Belichick debate though.

Another qualifier I use to favor Wentz over Brady - like opponents.

There are 3 this year: KC, CAR and SD.

Both KC and CAR went into Gillett and took down Brady........ Wentz went on the road and beat both KC and CAR.

• Like 1

10 games now constitutes a "full season"? I'd so much rather have Garoppalo (and Belichick), than Foles (and Pederson). If both QB's never took another snap the rest of the season, the Patriots would still win their division and probably still get a first round bye while the Eagles would miss the playoffs. That said, this is more of a Pederson/Belichick debate though.

I'm not following you. Foles played 13 games in 2013 and passed for nearly 2,900 yards. He's had very good games... and proven he can win. He's also proven he can lose. Garoppolo hasn't had the time yet... IMO

Both KC and CAR went into Gillett and took down Brady........ Wentz went on the road and beat both KC and CAR.

Those are good points.

I'm not following you. Foles played 13 games in 2013 and passed for nearly 2,900 yards. He's had very good games... and proven he can win. He's also proven he can lose. Garoppolo hasn't had the time yet... IMO

Ok, I'll give you 11, in those other 2 games, he only threw the ball 4 times. Yes, he had a nice run... and it's over. As I said, the league figured him out. Pederson isn't a good enough coach (yet), in my opinion to make up for what Foles lacks in ability.

Garoppolo played fine, but he has Belichick. If you're asking me who has a better chance to win, the Eagles or Patriots, without their current starter, the answer is the Patriots... it's not even close.

Those are good points.

Of course, there's a lot of football to go.. Wentz still has Denver, Dallas (twice), Rams and Seahawks left - Brady still has Denver, Bills (twice) and Pitt.

Then again, better keep an eye on Goff and Brees too - they are flying under the radar.

Wait, what KC / Philly game did you watch? I saw the Eagles lose that game.

Those are good points.

It's not a good point because, one it's wrong... the Eagles did not beat the Chiefs, and two if this is your argument, then the answer is Alex Smith because he beat both Wentz and Brady.

Wait, what KC / Philly game did you watch? I saw the Eagles lose that game.

Oh yea, my apologies - that is correct.

Watson. Both the Cowboys and the Eagles would still be pretty good without Elliott and Wentz. Houston is entirely transformed by Watson.

Watson is a good vote but I'm super impressed with Wentz and how he handles that offense. They are not 7-1 without him which includes 6-0 in conference which are often the most emotional games.

Watson is a good vote but I'm super impressed with Wentz and how he handles that offense. They are not 7-1 without him which includes 6-0 in conference which are often the most emotional games.

So, of the 3 most noted QB's mentioned here... Watson, Wentz, and Brady, there is a QB who played all 3 of them this season and is 3-0, yet.. Alex Smith gets no love?

I am from Philly and love Wentz. BUTTTT I think the first half MVP is Fournette! He has completely carried his team and has made people forget about the bumbling Bortles and his weak WRs and zero TEs

GO EAGLES :doublethumbsup:

So, of the 3 most noted QB's mentioned here... Watson, Wentz, and Brady, there is a QB who played all 3 of them this season and is 3-0, yet.. Alex Smith gets no love?

I thought of suggesting him except for the 2 losses in a row of late. But dude is right up there. Awesome.