Sign in to follow this  
lesjroza

One more Zeke thread, ruling tonight

In the next six games only the Eagles are an imposing RB defense, so they (ALF,DMC) could both have a lot of value

That would be nice. I've been holding DMC. Guy who'd been holding Alf dropped him last week (desperation move). But two sharks are ahead of me in waivers, I won't get Alf.

And, because I dropped Alex Collins myself last week, Yahoo's waiver rules say I can't even put in a waiver claim on him. Never knew that. So I'm going to get c0ck blocked on both Alf and Collins this week. Yay.

That would be nice. I've been holding DMC. Guy who'd been holding Alf dropped him last week (desperation move). But two sharks are ahead of me in waivers, I won't get Alf.

And, because I dropped Alex Collins myself last week, Yahoo's waiver rules say I can't even put in a waiver claim on him. Never knew that. So I'm going to get c0ck blocked on both Alf and Collins this week. Yay.

I dropped fowler for r.Anderson Saturday and i just tried it out to see if I could reclaim fowler and it allowed me to bid and submit. We use yahoo. I think after all the games have played, it sorta "resets" the waivers making it irrelevant who dropped him. Worth a shot if you tried a few days ago and haven't tried again.

In my yahoo league it doesn't let you submit a waiver for a player you've recently dropped.

But Chewy, you say "bid and submit," so do you guys use FAAB? Maybe that's different than normal waivers?

In my yahoo league it doesn't let you submit a waiver for a player you've recently dropped.

But Chewy, you say "bid and submit," so do you guys use FAAB? Maybe that's different than normal waivers?

I almost included that in my message, it could be the difference between FAAB (which we do use) and a rolling waiver system.

So there is talk that Jones said Alf would be the primary back?

Well, I managed to get Joe Mixon in a trade for Zeke.

I still think there's a reason Jerry shelved DMC for the 1st part of the season. I suspect he anticipated Zeke (eventually) losing and having to serve the 6....... Now DMC can come in fresh - ready to go..... Plus, DMC is a better blocker and pass catcher out of the backfield.......... But it's anybody's guess - will see what happens.

So here's the question. Who's buying on Zeke? If you could pry him off the team that has him in your league, is it worth it and what are you willing to pay? He won't be there for the 1st week of regular fantasy football playoffs (barring a reduction in the suspension, which is still possible). If you have a 1st round bye, I think he's worth a lot, particularly coming back reasonably fresh. If it's reduced, then he's worth even more. :dunno:

So here's the question. Who's buying on Zeke? If you could pry him off the team that has him in your league, is it worth it and what are you willing to pay? He won't be there for the 1st week of regular fantasy football playoffs (barring a reduction in the suspension, which is still possible). If you have a 1st round bye, I think he's worth a lot, particularly coming back reasonably fresh. If it's reduced, then he's worth even more. :dunno:

I have Zeke on my top team, not even mad since I will have playoff bye and enough depth, now I don't have to sit Aaron Jones. Excite for his fresh leg for the FF playoff.

Kinda a catch 22 since I'd bet most zeke owners will now struggle to get a bye without him and if u trade for him I'd be shocked if he could be had for anything less than a fringe rb1 or wr1 which might jeopardize getting a bye as well. Would at least start looking at wk 14 matchups to see what you would potentially have to roll with if u didn't have the bye.

I have Zeke on my top team, not even mad since I will have playoff bye and enough depth, now I don't have to sit Aaron Jones. Excite for his fresh leg for the FF playoff.

Guy who has him the work league is sitting in the last playoff spot and Zeke is pretty much his whole team. He likely won't make the playoffs without him.

Kinda a catch 22 since I'd bet most zeke owners will now struggle to get a bye without him and if u trade for him I'd be shocked if he could be had for anything less than a fringe rb1 or wr1 which might jeopardize getting a bye as well. Would at least start looking at wk 14 matchups to see what you would potentially have to roll with if u didn't have the bye.

So the price right now is Hyde (#9 PPR) but I have no faith him in late season) and McCaffrey (#12 PPR) and in return I get Zeke and Abdullah. Seems steep but I'm 6-2 and probably not missing the playoffs. And pairing Zeke with Bell would be potent.

I almost included that in my message, it could be the difference between FAAB (which we do use) and a rolling waiver system.

Yeah, mine is rolling waivers, and it was just this morning when I tried. No joy.

Of course, the guy who dropped Alf dropped him the same day I dropped Collins. So maybe his is worse :)

Someone on fbg says the NFLPA has filed an emergency stay pending appeal. Seeking ruling by 7pm tomorrow. No link.

Anyone else see this anywhere?

It's over. Trust me it's all over but the crying.

Same Judge denied the stay. The NFLPA now has 24 hours to file an emergency motion with the 2nd Circuit US Court of Appeals.

No surprise that she didn't overturn her own ruling from less than 24 hours ago.

And, in another twist or two:

This judge failed to address the irreparable harm issue and is also married to a partner in the law firm that negotiated the NFL CBA. Some are saying she should have recused herself because of that.

Chances are slim for Zeke, but technically, it still ain't over til it's over.

I just traded Zeke and Alf to the first place team for Michael Thomas. PPR and I'm the OBJ owner so I need WR help. If Zeke ends up playing then Alf doesn't and vice versa so I dealt Zeke for thomas or Alf for thomas so I think I made out ok. Plus I think better days are in store for Thomas.

I just traded Zeke and Alf to the first place team for Michael Thomas. PPR and I'm the OBJ owner so I need WR help. If Zeke ends up playing then Alf doesn't and vice versa so I dealt Zeke for thomas or Alf for thomas so I think I made out ok. Plus I think better days are in store for Thomas.

I gambled the other way. There are 3 teams in my work league that are hands-down better than the rest. I'm in the #4 spot but it's a big gap in spite of the their 7-1 records and my 6-2. So I traded away Carlos Hyde and Cristian McCaffrey for Zeke and Ameer Abdullah. The news of Kelvin's trade to Buffalo makes the cost a bit steeper, because I think McCaffrey benefits from it, but I already have Funchess so I may make up for some of it there. And I honestly don't have much faith in Hyde as the season closes because SanFran is awful and I think they want to see what they have in Breida.

If Zeke's suspension starts this weekend, I get him back for the 2nd week of the playoffs and currently have a match-up I would likely win in the 1st round. If Zeke gets it reduced, I get extra games. If he somehow squashes it, I get to pair Zeke with Bell for the remainder of the season. I wasn't winning over those 3 teams without doing something. Hoping I get to pair the best two backs in football together for at least a few games.

"NFLPA files emergency motion with 2nd Circuit to prevent NFL from suspending Zeke for duration of appeal process"