Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

(OFFICIAL) *****70's Music Draft***** LOD UP

I think you won the obscure round hands down.

Check yourself

So anyone heard of that song before?

No I hadn't. And thank you for sharing. IMO you win this round of obscure songs, that was awesome. I knew his few hits but nothing else. I was mesmerized by it. I will check out the other songs on that album. Well done. :cheers:

When I posted my pick I also posted the pick also right underneath (in white), nobody read it. :wall:

For Titans.

20.14 - Roads To Moscow - Al Stewart

Al Stewart does both. He is best known for two minor hits, Year of the Cat, and Time Passages.

Three hits....Song On The Radio made it to 29 on the Hot 100 sorry but I love that song.

When I posted my pick I also posted the pick also right underneath (in white), nobody read it. :wall:

I didn't have to I knew the song in 3 notes,I replied to your post

No I hadn't. And thank you for sharing. IMO you win this round of obscure songs, that was awesome. I knew his few hits but nothing else. I was mesmerized by it. I will check out the other songs on that album. Well done. :cheers:

:cheers:

I dont like all his stuff. Some of it is a bit cheesy. But I like his voice, love his lyrics, and I think he might be one of the decades more underrated guitar players.

The song I mentioned earlier... instrumental. Classical guitar really. I like it.

This one is also instrumental. Would make a great lullaby for a kid or something to woo a woman, if one is a good guitar player.

I didn't have to I knew the song in 3 notes,I replied to your post

I know, I saw that. Besides you. As the thread progressed, Cruzer came along after and asked "what was my song?" and the first few responses were essentially : dunno.

I know, I saw that. Besides you. As the thread progressed, Cruzer came along after and asked "what was my song?" and the first few responses were essentially : dunno.

I knew the song itself but not the title or artist. Then I found it was Three Dog Night. I was holy . Liking that pick more and more as it sinks in.

For TBBOM remember this one

Well, I dont remember any of them, as I was born in 1980. But yeah, I know that song. I stumbled across a greatest hits collection of Al Stewarts in dads collection once. Wore it out for a while.

He had a bunch of the early albums on vinyl too. Im pleased to see that those are on YouTube and Apple Music now. They didnt exist on CD I dont think.

• Like 1

I knew the song itself but not the title or artist. Then I found it was Three Dog Night. I was holy ######. Liking that pick more and more as it sinks in.

I also remember seeing it listed pretty high on some lists but I didn't recognize it from the title so it didn't make my list.

WTF HT must be searching his ass off,shoulda had that rocket ready to launch from your original list. :D

WTF HT must be searching his ass off,shoulda had that rocket ready to launch from your original list. :D

Vudu is up I think. I just skipped him since I figured my pick was unlikely to be wanted, and I will be going afk for a while shortly.

Vudu is up I think. I just skipped him since I figured my pick was unlikely to be wanted, and I will be going afk for a while shortly.

Sorry HT,WTF Vudu must be searching..........

Sorry HT,WTF Vudu must be searching..........

All that work, just for us to tell him that Can You Tell Me How to Get to Sesame Street? was from 1969.

• Like 1

Sorry to dissapoint, but I dont have an obscure favorite that I want more than any of the others still on my list.

Ive planned to take this as my last song from the beginning so Im sticking with it.

The song(s) are a tribute to roadies and fans alike. It perfectly sums up that feeling you get when youve been to a concert that you just dont want to end. And in a larger sense, it perfectly represents my feelings about the decades music as a whole.

People stay....just a little bit longer

20.13 The Load Out/Stay Jackson Browne

Can someone post a live video? Cant do it from my phone.

Thanks

• Like 1

Sorry to dissapoint, but I dont have an obscure favorite that I want more than any of the others still on my list.

Ive planned to take this as my last song from the beginning so Im sticking with it.

The song(s) are a tribute to roadies and fans alike. It perfectly sums up that feeling you get when youve been to a concert that you just dont want to end. And in a larger sense, it perfectly represents my feelings about the decades music as a whole.

Thanks

Nice. Great final pick.

• Like 1

Please someone post the video for this pick.

Never Been Any Reason

Head East

Show if hands who knows/remembers this song.

I remember it well. Great song.

For my final pick, I'm gonna go with a personal favorite that I doubt any of you have heard. Well, mebbe 1 or 2 of you.

Before Billy Idol went on his own he was the front man for a band called Generation X.

They had some great songs, but the below was my favorite

20.0? Generation X - Kiss Me Deadly

I strongly suggest that if you haven't heard it, give it a listen.

Check out how young Billy looks in the vid :D

(music starts at :30 in)

Heard it. Love it.

Thanks

Awesome pick. I love the entire album.

Couldn't find a decent live version but wanted to tell you although not obscure an absolute classic :thumbsup:

• Like 1

"Shave My Wife I'm going down for the last time......" :P

I feel a couple of my picks were obscure enough already, so for my last pick here's one of the greatest rock anthems ever....

20.12 - Big Guy All the Young Dudes Mott the Hoople

I finally got my Bowie pick :headbanger:

Nice.

Couldn't find a decent live version but wanted to tell you although not obscure an absolute classic :thumbsup:

I heard it for the first time on the radio when my best friend and I were cruising in his 69 mustang.

We didnt catch the name of the song, so we went to the record store and had to describe it to the lady working there. She managed to figure it out after about 15 minutes, and my friend bought the 8 track.

I heard it for the first time on the radio when my best friend and I were cruising in his 69 mustang.

We didnt catch the name of the song, so we went to the record store and had to describe it to the lady working there. She managed to figure it out after about 15 minutes, and my friend bought the 8 track.

I used to park on Apollo Beach and get stoned and listen to the Running on Empty 8 track and I Robot by The Alan Parsons Project. I miss those days.

• Like 2

It was nice to see our local boys get some love in the draft albeit one of the two songs was mine...........love the harmonica.one more time

Are we posting leftovers now? Did HT make his final pick?

No I drafted that one way back just enjoying it again

• Like 1

No I drafted that one way back just enjoying it again

Gotcha. Ill post my short list of songs I really wanted but couldnt find room for shortly. I can post more videos tomorrow from the laptop.

Gotcha. Ill post my short list of songs I really wanted but couldnt find room for shortly. I can post more videos tomorrow from the laptop.

I'm posting a long list. No videos. Then some videos on 3 obscure ones that one of should have made my list.