Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

I'm the very best deal maker!

No. Not at all. It came down to the alternative for the majority of people. That being said, his policies are in line with a lot of Americans. Hers were not. The choice was simple. She sucked, as did her policies. He sucked as well, but his policies jived with many people. Nothing to do with cult of personality. That was the guy before him.

Please. Trump is far more the messiah to his fans than Obama ever was.

Its been a slow evolution. At the time of the election, I think you may be right. People chose the lesser of evils. Now? A lot of people here seem to be going into revered leader mode.

Please. Trump is far more the messiah to his fans than Obama ever was.

Its been a slow evolution. At the time of the election, I think you may be right. People chose the lesser of evils. Now? A lot of people here seem to be going into revered leader mode.

I think it's more of the same psyche that develops with sports teams. There's an old saying about rooting for the jersey and not the player. And you're kidding about the lack of Obama worship, right? His biggest accomplishment was getting elected and re-elected. What else is there? The stock market I guess. And he's worshiped.

Trump got what he wants dumbo.

This was not a budget, like Obama he can do what he wants with the $.

:ninja:

Trump got what he wants dumbo.

This was not a budget, like Obama he can do what he wants with the $.

:ninja:

You keep trying to say that.

Doh. That's not actually how it works.

There's a reason why the right is apoplectic right now.😂

You keep trying to say that.

Doh. That's not actually how it works.

There's a reason why the right is apoplectic right now.

They're just as ignorant as you then.

https://mobile.twitter.com/5Strat/status/977677766668636160

Let's talk about what the President can and can't do for this Omnibus Bill. There's a lot of discussion both ways so let's examine how money gets allocated & spent in the US Government:

1. Congress allocates money to be spent. The President spends the allocated money.

2. Once Congress allocates money, their job is oversight of the money being spent. They don't spend the money and have no say HOW it gets spent as long as it's spent legally. That's their job to monitor with oversight.

3. Once the President is given the money with the instructions to spend it, he has a number of choices to make in spending it. There are some rules he has to follow & some of the money is fungible and some isn't.

4. However there are some other factors that are in play here. One of them is that the President has declared a Human Rights Emergency AND has notified Congress that he's invoking the Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act of 1985.

5. This opens up new options.

6. By making these two declarations President Trump has just communicated that he has the authority to NOT spend any funds he doesn't deem necessary and will return them to the US Treasury. So, funds for Planned Parenthood? He can simply not allocate the funds.

7. Also, these declarations make some funds fungible. For instance if he determines that building a Wall on the Southern Border is a defense against Human Trafficking? He can move funds from anywhere else in the Defense Dept Allocation & simply build the Wall.

8. Congress is powerless to stop cash reallocations on an omnibus bill AND cannot stop the DOD from taking measures under a declared Emergency.

9. Despite their language in the Omnibus Bill about the Border Wall, it is trumped by the State of Emergency that Trump declared.

10. So in summary - This will go to the Courts. Congress will sue the President over the Border Wall. But here's how it will play out - Congress and the President are co-equal branches with different functions. Congress allocates. The President spends.

11. The President has National Security as his Primary Responsibility and it's his job to use whatever funds and declarations he needs to for that job. No Court in this Nation (except corrupt on the take Judges) would EVER rule against a President for exercising that authority.

12. In the end the Supreme Court (yes, that's where it will end) will fully VALIDATE the President's Constitutional Authority & the Wall will be built.

Nice little read.

• Like 1

And who the Fock is John Salisbury?

Because he's wrong right from the jump.

Geesus, don't you or he even have some passing familiarity with the government procurement process? The president spends the money?

What? like he's got some one and a half trillion dollars slush fund you can go out and spend on hookers?

Jesus God you're stupid.😂

God Almighty. Seriously, if that's the Baseline you're starting at? I'm not coming anywhere near there. That's like trying to discuss time zones to somebody who says hey wait! Who says the Earth isn't flat?

Wow.

"Hey, some random Twitter shiit says.."😲

They're just as ignorant as you then.

You do realize that the most angry, the most apoplectic, the guy who started this whole anger wave about the bill? Now law. That guy? Is Donald Trump.

So, for you kids scoring at home. Filthy here is saying that the entire GOP, all of Fox News and its esteemed contributors, and his personal butt buddy hero Donald Trump, they are all wrong about the spending bill.

Wow.😂

Like I said above, if that's the starting line for filthy? No way in hell am I going to piss away my Sunday on this.

But mr. President? There's rfps and bid subMission processes and purchase orders and approval processes and....

NOPE!! SOME DUDE ON TWITTER SAYS I CAN SPEND THE TRILLION PLUS ON ANYTHING I WANT!

-And Filthy agrees!

Government checks and balances 101 kids.

Or, alternatively, common focking sense. Either way.😃

Riddle me this wiff; what does the Constitution say specifically about checks and balances? Did Trump just sign a budget or a spending bill?

And you're still falling for the Trump outrage schtick? STILL?!

Here's an older article about Trump ignoring Congress about spending: https://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/18/fears-grow-trump-will-ignore-congress-spending-241768

Also the Omnibus bill has a shelf life of 6 months set to expire in September. Military gets their money (build that wall baby) and who knows what happens with the rest.

Keep playing checkers kid.

Wiff takin yall to school lately. Just ownin, pwnin and debonin.

Said no one ever.

The only time wiff takes anyone to school is when he's dropping off his date (college, of course).

• Like 1

Wrong.. I pay a shitton of local taxes.. and pay for private school.. would rather have the choice to spend my kids share towards the private school than towards the system we think inferior.

My problem with vouchers is I pay the same shitton of taxes but have no kids. So if you get to pull your tax money out to send your kid to private school, since I have no kids in the system either, why can't I pull my tax money out for a new boat?

My problem with vouchers is I pay the same shitton of taxes but have no kids. So if you get to pull your tax money out to send your kid to private school, since I have no kids in the system either, why can't I pull my tax money out for a new boat?

I'm in the same boat as you. I have no kids. I have no problem with some of my taxes going to our education system. An educated populace benefits all of us. I also have no problem with vouchers. Our public school systems are sh*t. Let people send their kids to the school they determine is best for their kids. Force schools to actually provide a quality education so people want to send their kids there.

Best joke ever!

You had me fooled there for a second. I thought you were serious. Good one!

Yes..I was serious

Yes..I was serious

If you think wiff is right go back and look at how Obama used his spending bills.

Recap where you think wiff made good points. Also go back and look at the requirements of the President under a Budget (which this is not) versus a Spending Bill.

Recap where you think wiff made good points. Also go back and look at the requirements of the President under a Budget (which this is not) versus a Spending Bill.

No..and no. I don't do that here with this group. Now or ever. I read the thread and felt Wiff made some good points. I'll let you guys debate it. After all that's what you all like to do

No..and no. I don't do that here with this group. Now or ever.

Go away. You bring nothing. Your trolling isn't even good.

• Like 1

No..and no. I don't do that here with this group. Now or ever.

Interesting that someone inserts themselves into a thread debate then says he doesn't debate. :bench:

• Like 1

Interesting that someone inserts themselves into a thread debate then says he doesn't debate. :bench:

Ahh but I didn't debate. Only said he made good points. Because I think he did.

No..and no. I don't do that here with this group. Now or ever. I read the thread and felt Wiff made some good points. I'll let you guys debate it. After all that's what you all like to do

Very weak

That's not very super. :thumbsdown:

Ah.......but saying wiff made good points is ALWAYS debatable.

Absolutely!!! And you guys have been doing that!!

I'm in the same boat as you. I have no kids. I have no problem with some of my taxes going to our education system. An educated populace benefits all of us. I also have no problem with vouchers. Our public school systems are sh*t. Let people send their kids to the school they determine is best for their kids. Force schools to actually provide a quality education so people want to send their kids there.

Agree with most of what you said. I have no problem paying school taxes either. People should and are allowed to send their kids to the best school out there. I just do not think people should expect the government to let them opt of paying their taxes so they can send their kids to that school.

Agree with most of what you said. I have no problem paying school taxes either. People should and are allowed to send their kids to the best school out there. I just do not think people should expect the government to let them opt of paying their taxes so they can send their kids to that school.

Even though the costs for the taxpayers are reduced if their kids don't go public?

I'm not sure of your point. Vouchers aren't about people being allowed to opt out of paying taxes. States tend to pay public schools per pupil that attends that school. Vouchers simply allow the parent to use that same money towards a private school of their choice.

• Like 1

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/977855968364171264

Because of the $700 & $716 Billion Dollars gotten to rebuild our Military, many jobs are created and our Military is again rich. Building a great Border Wall, with drugs (poison) and enemy combatants pouring into our Country, is all about National Defense. Build WALL through M!

3:33 AM - 25 Mar 2018

:lol: @ wiff

Need help with Checks and Balances 101?

The reason our public school system is sh!t is simple. Because the schools are full of a bunch of sh!tty kids with sh!tty parents and the public schools arent allowed to kick them out.

Vouchers, if expanded to the max, would turn k-12 into the same boondoggle as college student loans have. Youd have a bunch of bullsh!t fly by night for profit university of Phoenix type k-12 schools pop up to raid the treasury.

The ones that would suffer are the poor kids who want to learn. Their public school would pretty much be nothing but a starter prison at that point.

What we need to do instead is clean up our public schools. Boot the ones who have no interest in learning out. Instead of encouraging principals NOT to expel bad kids, we need to encourage them to boot them out.

Have some sort of holding tank basically juvenile day prison for those kids.

• Like 1

The reason our public school system is sh!t is simple. Because the schools are full of a bunch of sh!tty kids with sh!tty parents and the public schools arent allowed to kick them out.

Vouchers, if expanded to the max, would turn k-12 into the same boondoggle as college student loans have. Youd have a bunch of bullsh!t fly by night for profit university of Phoenix type k-12 schools pop up to raid the treasury.

The ones that would suffer are the poor kids who want to learn. Their public school would pretty much be nothing but a starter prison at that point.

What we need to do instead is clean up our public schools. Boot the ones who have no interest in learning out. Instead of encouraging principals NOT to expel bad kids, we need to encourage them to boot them out.

Good luck with that. They can ride unicorns at lunch time.

Vouchers arent going to work either.

Except where they do.

I'm not sure of your point. Vouchers aren't about people being allowed to opt out of paying taxes. States tend to pay public schools per pupil that attends that school. Vouchers simply allow the parent to use that same money towards a private school of their choice.

Hey I do not want to pay less in taxes because I have no kids, I just want the government to send my tax money to the SeaRay dealer to put towards my new boat. I am saving the county money by not having kids so I should get to redistribute my tax money somewhere else.

Seriously, so public schools get less. then what? Do they cut expenses? That is not how the government does things. they will say "We need the $x that was taken by private schools. We need to raise taxes to recoup it. Then we end up paying more. Plus they can not cut that much by eliminating a few students.

The problem isn't taking God out of the classroom it is letting lawyers in. When I went to school and acted up I got a paddle and detention. After I was hit enough I straightened up. Now you can not touch the kid and detention is frowned upon because they have to give them a bus ride home.

Even though the costs for the taxpayers are reduced if their kids don't go public?

Fixed costs vs. variable costs. They still have to heat the buildings and in 95 percent of cases will not eliminate schools. Maybe they need a few less teachers but I doubt the reduction of expense per student will be even close to what they pull out of the system. For me the bottom line is if you want the church or private school to educate your kids cough it up yourself.