Sign in to follow this  
New Study: Global Warming Is 'Not As Bad As We Thought'...

I think I see the problem. When you see "low fat", you assume people are substituting heavily processed, "bad" carbohydrates for healthful fats. Once again, it isn't that simple Jerry.

Do you have a link explaining how ketosis is the "best" way to lose weight?

Care to address my post? You have a frustrating way of not doing that and just typing whatever point you want to make. :(

What in the FUK does diet have to do with global warming!!!! :mad:

Good point.

Meh, I'm just trying to be informative. MDC recently claimed he was limiting carbs by replacing them with other carbs....

No, I didnt. Heres a link to an article summarizing the recent research on low carb diets and the carb-insulin model in genera. Its pretty long so I will give you a spoiler: Youre wrong.

https://www.vox.com/2018/2/21/17036004/do-low-carb-diets-work

:dunno:

In 100 years people will still be suckering in funding for research claiming in another 100 years we are doomed. It’s the perfect scam. Meanwhile the real environmental issues like pollution, chemicals, toxic waste, habitat destruction etc that actually affect us will still be rampant. We need a meteor strike or something, set everything back to the dark ages. I’d welcome it.

No, I didnt. Heres a link to an article summarizing the recent research on low carb diets and the carb-insulin model in genera. Its pretty long so I will give you a spoiler: Youre wrong.

Yes, you did, you are painfully focking stupid btw.. Like, it hurts to think about it..

Changed my diet up over the summer and went heavy on lean meats and veggies, limiting starches and carbs. As a result I went from a 2x per day BM to having 2-3 dumps in one day every third day or so. Odd.

Anyway no dump yesterday and last night had chicken breast and a massive pile of cooked carrots and Brussels sprouts. This AM are a Nutragrain bar and Granny Smith apple with a cup of black coffee for breakfast and whoa. Laid a massIve brown anaconda in the workplace dumper. I pretty much had to stand like Gary while wiping cause the pile breached the water. :o

Just figured Id share. I feel 10 lbs lighter! :banana: 💩

Yes, you did, you are painfully focking stupid btw.. Like, it hurts to think about it..

I read that whole thing and still dont see where I claimed to be replacing carbs with other carbs. We can get back to how you are wrong about low carb too though if you get tired of only failing one way?

I read that whole thing and still dont see where I claimed to be replacing carbs with other carbs. We can get back to how you are wrong about low carb too though if you get tired of only failing one way?

Focus on the breakfast dipsh!t. It was covered in that thread, playing stupid now is not helping your case.

Low carb is more effective than a low fat diet, your boy penny admitted that in the original thread, begrudgingly of course. The Google machine will gladly help you discover that.

Focus on the breakfast dipsh!t. It was covered in that thread, playing stupid now is not helping your case.

Low carb is more effective than a low fat diet, your boy penny admitted that in the original thread, begrudgingly of course. The Google machine will gladly help you discover that.

So - no quote?

And no thread?

Thats what I thought, soft serve. 🍦

So - no quote?

And no thread?

Thats what I thought, soft serve. 🍦

Remain fat and ignorant without knowing why, I'm good with it.

Remain fat and ignorant without knowing why, I'm good with it.

Im height weight proportionate, AND I eat bread and even pasta sometimes.

Take that, poosay. :bandana:

From your link:

But before we throw out the low-carb approach to weight loss and load up on a bowl of linguini, let’s be clear: This study had some important limitations, leading some researchers to react more cautiously. It lacked a control for comparison, and while the baseline diet was designed to keep participants at about the same levels of energy burn they experienced outside of the study, the participants started to lose weight on that diet too. So they were already slimming down by the time they started their low-carb month.

And while the study was designed to overcome some of the limitations of real-world diet studies, a highly controlled setting that amounts to confining people to a hospital and lab isn’t exactly representative of how people actually live and eat.

”These points, along with the small sample size and short-term follow-up, prevent the ability to draw conclusions about the effects of a very low-carbohydrate versus usual carbohydrate diet,” said Deirdre Tobias, an associate epidemiologist at Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women’s Hospital.

What’s more, one of the promises of the low-carb, high-fat diet is that when people start eating this way, they naturally cut back on calories because they’re more satiated (from the protein and fat in their diet). This study didn’t measure that either, since the participants were forced to stick to strictly measured menus.

These are important points, particularly the second one. :thumbsup:

From your link:

These are important points, particularly the second one. :thumbsup:

That is my whole point Jerry. Im not saying low carb doesnt work for weight loss. Im saying it works the same way all diets work: by creating a caloric deficit. There is no actual evidence that low carb burns more fat than any similar calorie diet. :dunno:

If it works for you Great, I just think its a sham and you sit on a throne of lies. :mad:

Care to address my post? You have a frustrating way of not doing that and just typing whatever point you want to make. :(

Ive addressed all your posts :dunno:

Care to answer some of my questions?

That is my whole point Jerry. Im not saying low carb doesnt work for weight loss. Im saying it works the same way all diets work: by creating a caloric deficit. There is no actual evidence that low carb burns more fat than any similar calorie diet. :dunno:

If it works for you Great, I just think its a sham and you sit on a throne of lies. :mad:

Except low carb creates ketosis, which is a real thing that burns fat and doesn't happen with low-fat diets. :dunno:

Can we get back to talking about global warming? Or global cooling? Or climate change?

I forget which one is the one that will generate the most money for the alarmists.

Ive addressed all your posts :dunno:

Care to answer some of my questions?

You've addressed a fraction of my posts at best, and I've answered a much higher percentage of your questions over the course of our internet relationship. :cheers:

You've addressed a fraction of my posts at best, and I've answered a much higher percentage of your questions over the course of our internet relationship. :cheers:

I'll take that as a "no"

Except low carb creates ketosis, which is a real thing that burns fat and doesn't happen with low-fat diets. :dunno:

To be accurate, ketosis results from fat being used preferentially as fuel; it doesn't cause fat to be burned. Moreover, not all low carbohydrate diets are ketogenic.

Ketosis is a starvation state metabolically, as glucose is the preferred fuel for most organs, including the brain. This explains the funny feeling some people experience when transitioning to ketogenic diets.

This guy gets it. The satiety induced by fatty meals is thought to be a major component of the weight loss people experience on low carbohydrate diets, but it's still essentially calories in-out at the end of the day.

The studies referenced/linked to in the article I posted dont support the idea that low carb diets burn more fat.

To summarize: Global Warming and low carb diets are way the fock over blown.