Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

Edex Cup - The Player's Championship

I kind of like my team... so I'm focked

Hard to say with respect to the Players. VERY difficult tournament to project. Kinda why I like it. I tried to pick guys for the most part who have had recent success (Poulter, Cabrera-Bello) or are excellent ball strikers (Leishman, Dufner). Schauffele is a gritty player and those guys have done well at Sawgrass as well. Picked Thomas as the best available player at the time. Hard to argue for or against any of the top guys. I don't think Tiger will do well this week- just seem to be too many holes in his game aside from getting great distance off the tee. Also, think something is off with Dustin Johnson right now.

Let the games begin...

Hard to say with respect to the Players. VERY difficult tournament to project. Kinda why I like it. I tried to pick guys for the most part who have had recent success (Poulter, Cabrera-Bello) or are excellent ball strikers (Leishman, Dufner). Schauffele is a gritty player and those guys have done well at Sawgrass as well. Picked Thomas as the best available player at the time. Hard to argue for or against any of the top guys. I don't think Tiger will do well this week- just seem to be too many holes in his game aside from getting great distance off the tee. Also, think something is off with Dustin Johnson right now.

Let the games begin...

not like it matters how I draft but i drafted similarly while also taking into consideration that this has been a breakout venue of sorts for guys on the cusp of winning something big without yet having a major... (Scott in 04, Sergio in 08, Stenson in 09, Fowler more recently.... it's been Kuchars biggest win... even David Duval won this before his major.

which is why I grabbed Finau and was happy he made it back to me at 3.2. Despite a poor 2 year track record, it's a small sample size and he combines that break out potential with good recent form.

Day - recent form and course history

Kuchar - ball striking, putting, past success

Cam Smith - another guy I think breaks out sooner than later

Hadwin - current form

Laird - was actually going to go Schwartzel but Laird has been better this year and has had success (and missed cuts) over the last 5-6 years at the players.

I like nuggs and fumble.

I think Pat had a great 1st 3 picks, idk about the last 3... Ed has a really solid team and Dain's team looks like the biggest boom/bust with Tiger, Koepka and Hatton.

These teams look alot closer in power rankings than most.

Best drafts in my opinion go to Cruzer and Ed

Only one of those two has to beat me for Cruzer to win our bet. :thumbsup:

Let the games begin...

Its 7000 yards but its not built for bombers. I was looking for putting and scrambling. Shouldnt have picked Fat Pat 2nd Rd. Major hangover, hasnt played much recently, and not really his style of course. Wanted Oosty and Z Johnson, probably should have overdrafted both. I think they both will post good Edex scores

someone should give odds on the teams and let the geek club place bets.

someone should give odds on the teams and let the geek club place bets.

13-1 Cruzer:.....Rory McIlroy.....Kevin Kisner.....Francesco Molinari.....Kyle Stanley.....Chris Kirk.....Alexander Levy

8-1 WW:.....Jason Day.....Matt Kuchar.....Tony Finau.....Cameron Smith.....Adam Hadwin.....Martin Laird

8-1 LOD:.....Jordan Spieth.....Hideki Matsuyama.....Patrick Cantlay.....Billy Horschel.....Brendan Steele.....Pat Perez

3-2 CBF:.....Dustin Johnson.....Tommy Fleetwood.....Alex Noren.....Branden Grace.....Nick Watney.....Jamie Lovemark

17-1 Fumble:.....Justin Thomas.....Ian Poulter.....Marc Leishman.....Rafael Cabrera-Bello.....Xander Schaufelle.....Jason Dufner

7-1 Nuggs:.....Rickie Fowler.....Patrick Reed.....Louie Oosthuizen.....Webb Simpson.....Charley Hoffman.....Bud Cauley

14-1 Ed:.....Paul Casey.....Bryson DeChambeau.....Emiliano Grillo.....Adam Scott.....Si Woo Kim.....Martin Kaymer

9-1 Pat:.....Phil Mickelson.....Henrik Stenson.....Zach Johnson.....Luke List.....Daniel Berger.....Brandt Snedeker

12-1 KSB:.....Jon Rahm.....Sergio Garcia.....Bubba Watson.....Brian Harman.....Ryan Moore.....Jimmy Walker

8.5-1 Dain:.....Tiger Woods.....Justin Rose.....Brooks Koepka.....Chesson Hadley.....Tyrrell Hatton.....Kevin Chappell

13-1 Cruzer:.....Rory McIlroy.....Kevin Kisner.....Francesco Molinari.....Kyle Stanley.....Chris Kirk.....Alexander Levy

8-1 WW:.....Jason Day.....Matt Kuchar.....Tony Finau.....Cameron Smith.....Adam Hadwin.....Martin Laird

8-1 LOD:.....Jordan Spieth.....Hideki Matsuyama.....Patrick Cantlay.....Billy Horschel.....Brendan Steele.....Pat Perez

3-2 CBF:.....Dustin Johnson.....Tommy Fleetwood.....Alex Noren.....Branden Grace.....Nick Watney.....Jamie Lovemark

17-1 Fumble:.....Justin Thomas.....Ian Poulter.....Marc Leishman.....Rafael Cabrera-Bello.....Xander Schaufelle.....Jason Dufner

7-1 Nuggs:.....Rickie Fowler.....Patrick Reed.....Louie Oosthuizen.....Webb Simpson.....Charley Hoffman.....Bud Cauley

14-1 Ed:.....Paul Casey.....Bryson DeChambeau.....Emiliano Grillo.....Adam Scott.....Si Woo Kim.....Martin Kaymer

9-1 Pat:.....Phil Mickelson.....Henrik Stenson.....Zach Johnson.....Luke List.....Daniel Berger.....Brandt Snedeker

12-1 KSB:.....Jon Rahm.....Sergio Garcia.....Bubba Watson.....Brian Harman.....Ryan Moore.....Jimmy Walker

8.5-1 Dain:.....Tiger Woods.....Justin Rose.....Brooks Koepka.....Chesson Hadley.....Tyrrell Hatton.....Kevin Chappell

:D

Only one of those two has to beat me for Cruzer to win our bet. :thumbsup:

If Ed doesn't take the other bet I'll do the heads up you vs cruzer for $20.

Ed?

If Ed doesn't take the other bet I'll do the heads up you vs cruzer for $20.

Ed?

what am I going to do with $20?

Paul Casey WDd fyi, the curse of being on Eds team is striking before the tourney even starts :(

That's good, he was my 1st pick.

:(

Charl Schwartzel

This is a blessing in disguise, my 1st pick typically blows.

C'mon team. RALLY!

eta:

I have terrible luck as it is with these things, I refuse to be tied to cruzer's bad luck with Pat's bet.

There will be no more bets tying my team to Cruzer's :nono:

what am I going to do with $20?

$20 is $20... at least that's what I said in college.

:D

:(

Charl Schwartzel

This is a blessing in disguise, my 1st pick typically blows.

C'mon team. RALLY!

eta:

I have terrible luck as it is with these things, I refuse to be tied to cruzer's bad luck with Pat's bet.

You cant stop that....you cant even hope to contain it.

You cant stop that....you cant even hope to contain it.

I was hoping you didn't say that.

I am not focking around and I mean it. Yes, I would like a peanut

The Player's Championship - TEAMS

Cruzer:.....Rory McIlroy.....Kevin Kisner.....Francesco Molinari.....Kyle Stanley.....Chris Kirk.....Alexander Levy

WW:.....Jason Day.....Matt Kuchar.....Tony Finau.....Cameron Smith.....Adam Hadwin.....Martin Laird

LOD:.....Jordan Spieth.....Hideki Matsuyama.....Patrick Cantlay.....Billy Horschel.....Brendan Steele.....Pat Perez

CBF:.....Dustin Johnson.....Tommy Fleetwood.....Alex Noren.....Branden Grace.....Nick Watney.....Jamie Lovemark

Fumble:.....Justin Thomas.....Ian Poulter.....Marc Leishman.....Rafael Cabrera-Bello.....Xander Schaufelle.....Jason Dufner

Nuggs:.....Rickie Fowler.....Patrick Reed.....Louie Oosthuizen.....Webb Simpson.....Charley Hoffman.....Bud Cauley

Ed:.....Charl Schwartzel.....Bryson DeChambeau.....Emiliano Grillo.....Adam Scott.....Si Woo Kim.....Martin Kaymer

Pat:.....Phil Mickelson.....Henrik Stenson.....Zach Johnson.....Luke List.....Daniel Berger.....Brandt Snedeker

KSB:.....Jon Rahm.....Sergio Garcia.....Bubba Watson.....Brian Harman.....Ryan Moore.....Jimmy Walker

Dain:.....Tiger Woods.....Justin Rose.....Brooks Koepka.....Chesson Hadley.....Tyrrell Hatton.....Kevin Chappell

eta:

Sorry dude, we are a tandem.

Remind me again though - which one of us is Cheech and the other Chong? :D

Sorry dude, we are a tandem.

Remind me again though - which one of us is Cheech and the other Chong? :D

:cry:

I have worse odds than Cruzer? Dude, that's cold.

if I didn't like you guys so much and enjoy our drafts and having a go at each other. I really would have to take a long hard look at why I do this

Alexander Levy - he's going to be the surprise name of the tournament.......... Least I hope.

Sounds like Ed doesn't want to bet... Too late for a you vs Cruzer bet, Pat?

I have worse odds than Cruzer? Dude, that's cold.

I've been told the oddsmakers didn't care for the Leishman pick, nor the others. :dunno:

Why don't you pick 6 golfers from who is left and you can enter this tourney for 20.

Why don't you pick 6 golfers from who is left and you can enter this tourney for 20.

Two reasons:

1 - I don't know anything about pro golfers

2 - I gave Cruzer a hard time earlier in the thread so I think there's some humor in sweating with/rooting for him now.

Two reasons:

2 - I gave Cruzer a hard time earlier in the thread so I think there's some humor in sweating with/rooting for him now.

I might join in next year though. That is, if you all allow dead money (since Cruzer is in, I assume you do).

I don't know anything about pro golfers

Me neither, obviously :(

I looked back at all of these.. I had wins and 2nd place payouts - that all stopped the second I started betting you... I'm puling out one of my late grandma's secret Voodoo spells - the streak ends now! :banana:

I've got the candle, boiled egg and incents ready to go - I will sacrifice the chicken at midnight 2nite.

The jinx streak ends Sunday! :pointstosky:

I've got the candle, boiled egg and incents ready to go - I will sacrifice the chicken at midnight 2nite.

The jinx streak ends Sunday! :pointstosky:

:doublethumbsup:

Guess what? I'm not even mad at Paul Casey, he's still my favorite golfer. We will get em next time PC :cheers:

I think:

1) it's cool they have TW and Phil paired 2getehr to start and 2) I think it's cool they are finally old enuff to appreciate each other and embrace the fact fans want to see them play with each other.

$20 via paypal?

$20 via paypal?

You can pay me through Paypal or a BJ ($20 is $20).

I thought you said a hole is a hole

Two reasons:

Russell Knox

Russell Henley

Ben An

Scott Piercy

Sean ohair

Ryan Palmer