Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Lebron James - POTUS - 2028

I purposely didn't look more into this whole thing because I already had a feeling this is how it would be.

I figured it was more for show than actual substance, disappointing to find out my assumption was correct.

The exact breakdown of expenses for the new I Promise School is unclear, since the district and the LeBron James Family Foundation are still sorting out final details of their contract. But the district will pay more than half the costs – perhaps around 75 percent – once it is fully running.

The foundation says it’s spending about $2 million for the school’s first year, including startup costs. It has also committed to spending $2 million or more a year when the school has grown to capacity. The exact amount is still to be determined.

Though James will have a huge influence on the school, I Promise will be run by the district.

It’s a district-owned building. The district will hire and pay the teachers and administration. Kids will ride district buses to school. And they will all eat the free breakfast and lunch the district gives all students.

I Promise will eventually cost about $8 million a year to run out of the district’s regular budget, covered mostly by shifting students, teachers and money from other schools, the district says.

2 million ? What's that..half a paycheck?

Since he is using his foundation he is only using money that was previously donated to him. Watch next LA County is going to hand him a government contract to so every kid in skool has new pair of LeBron's on.

Since he is using his foundation he is only using money that was previously donated to him. Watch next LA County is going to hand him a government contract to so every kid in skool has new pair of LeBron's on.

its not even his money ? :doh:

:lol:

Well this lebron hero card flopped.

If I gave you 2 bucks and said there now you chip in 8 and we can go get some beer. But I want to pay. Have people see me paying and get credit for getting the beer. Oh wait. You didn't want beer? Meh. Who cares. All for 2 bucks. Would that be cool with you?

That's not a good comparison. The real comparison is: I'm going to buy an $8 vodka drink. You tell me you'll pay $2 to upgrade me from the plastic bottle vodka, to a better vodka. And that you'll do it one time each time I make a trip to the bar.

It's not like Lebron opened the school and said, "Now you pay for it... suckers!". No, he's been working with the school district for a long time on it and they're still working (as far as what I've read) on exactly what Lebron's money will be used for. You're looking for a reason to make him the bad guy here, and you're wrong.

That's not a good comparison. The real comparison is: I'm going to buy an $8 vodka drink. You tell me you'll pay $2 to upgrade me from the plastic bottle vodka, to a better vodka. And that you'll do it one time each time I make a trip to the bar.

But where did you get the $8?

It's not like Lebron opened the school and said, "Now you pay for it... suckers!". No, he's been working with the school district for a long time on it and they're still working (as far as what I've read) on exactly what Lebron's money will be used for. You're looking for a reason to make him the bad guy here, and you're wrong.

not at all. He is not a bad guy. He is just not a hero. My analogy is better. He did not upgrade the drink. He created it.

not at all. He is not a bad guy. He is just not a hero. My analogy is better. He did not upgrade the drink. He created it.

I guess I don't understand how you think this whole process went. Do you think Lebron opened a school, then contacted the district and handed it off to them? I can guarantee this new school was something the district needed and would have gone forward with without the money from Lebron. Did they raise taxes in the district for this school to be created? Do you think it's a bad thing that a school district opens a new school?

I just don't get the criticism on this one. Seems manufactured.

On 8/4/2018 at 11:26 AM, Mike Honcho said:

Pretty sure Lebron wins the competition of quality schools started by each.

Not so much. I guess he tried... :doh:

17 minutes ago, Reality said:

Not so much. I guess he tried... :doh:

Let me know when he has to pay back his students 25 million like Trump U did.  

7 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Give it time.

15 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I think the bigger question is how focking dumb must the kids be. :(

29 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

To have zero students pass in 3 years is quite disturbing to say the least.

Maybe they just don`t have the aptitude. Might be study habits, weak teachers.  Something is seriously wrong at that school.

32 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

This.

The real question: How many white kids go to the school