Sign in to follow this  
trumpurethra

It's oscar season....

This is when the quality movies that are intended for adults instead of children are supposed to be released. Although it's been quite awhile since I've seen anything great.

Anyhow, of whats coming out, what is on your must see list?

Predator - Yeah we don't need another remake of this. But it's Shane Black. Him I trust.

A Star is Born - Bradley Cooper is cool in everything he does.

Overlord - D Day war movie and R rated. I'm in.

Bohemian Rhapsody - We've already had a thread on this one. I'm a sucker for sex, drugs and rock n roll. If they bring it here I'm there opening night. If it's watered down PG 13 bullsh!t, they can go pound sand. Fingers crossed.

Widows - Steve McQueen's first movie since 12 Years a Slave.

That's all I could find. A bunch of PG 13 kids movies. Not very many adult movies. This used to be the time of year I would go to the movies. Less and less quality stuff all the time. Shame really.

I think there were some creative differences on Bohemian and the band wanted it to be a PG biopic

Really? If so the movie is a waste of time IMO.

Cohen's departure was credited to creative differences with the studio and producers May and Taylor, with some reports suggesting that Cohen envisioned the film as a gritty, R-rated biopic of Mercury, while the singer's bandmates (and producers) wanted a more mainstream, PG-rated biography of Mercury and the band.

The Meg.

I swear to God, I can't see that title without thinking of a giant fish with a red stocking cap and glasses and a big honking nose.😂

• Like 1

I swear to God, I can't see that title without thinking of a giant fish with a red stocking cap and glasses and a big honking nose.

no crap I did the same thing 4-5 times

be prepared for part 2 in the series, The Don

• Like 1

I'm a tom hardy fan so the one where he plays a syphilis infected al Capone could be good

Hollywood is a vapid cease pool of nothingness. No originality when it comes to screenwriters. Up and coming original thoughts and ideas. Vapidity.

This is when the quality movies that are intended for adults instead of children are supposed to be released. Although it's been quite awhile since I've seen anything great.

Anyhow, of whats coming out, what is on your must see list?

Bohemian Rhapsody - We've already had a thread on this one. I'm a sucker for sex, drugs and rock n roll. If they bring it here I'm there opening night. If it's watered down PG 13 bullsh!t, they can go pound sand. Fingers crossed.

Personally I have no desire to see Mercury's character in a menage a trois of cack but to each his own.

Personally I have no desire to see Mercury's character in a menage a trois of cack but to each his own.

Who's character do you desire for that scene?

I'm a tom hardy fan so the one where he plays a syphilis infected al Capone could be good

Yeah, Hardy can keep a film afloat no matter how weak it is. I'll give him an Oscar nomination nod without even seeing it.