Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

Kids Dont Know Michael Jackson

So I took some Boy Scouts to another scout troop in South Baltimore tonight for some cross-troop exchange of skills and ideas etc.

I was working with them on Citizenship in the Community merit badge, one of the requirements has them listen to music from different era's and try to understand how the songs are different and why.  Did the simple stuff; Elvis in the 50's, Dylan in the 60's, Zepplin in the 70's.....and for the 80's decided on Michael Jackson Man in the Mirror.....most of the kids had no knowledge of the song at all, and maybe 60% were not clear on who Micheal Jackson even is.....I was shocked, WTF?

Just my observation... When we were growing up parents controlled the radio and we heard what they listened to.. today even kids have a lot more personalized entertainment... It doesn't surprise me young kids don't know somebody who's fame is 25 to 35 years ago

Prolly shoulda saved that song for when they were going for their plumbing merit badge and had to stay the night with the scout leader.

At least they didn't say "oh yea, I've been to that guy's house".  :dunno:

It is great that you are involved and help the scouts. When my son was in cub scouts I took the troop up to the Catoctin mountains and helped them earn their geology merit badge.

19 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

It is great that you are involved and help the scouts. When my son was in cub scouts I took the troop up to the Catoctin mountains and helped them earn their geology merit badge.

I don't think this is that kind of Boy Scouts.  On movie night these kids are eating pizza and watching Show Dogs.

34 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

👍

I am a counselor for a range of badges to include the Disability Awareness one as well, there is a troop devoted to scouts with disabilities about 40 minutes away, i setup an annual visit to one of their meetings for the badge, but really the kids look forward to it anyway, they get a ton out of it.  And, the troop started going to summer camp at the same time as our troop now, so its like a little summer reunion for them, they are just friends now....its VERY focking cool

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

👍

I am a counselor for a range of badges to include the Disability Awareness one as well, there is a troop devoted to scouts with disabilities about 40 minutes away, i setup an annual visit to one of their meetings for the badge, but really the kids look forward to it anyway, they get a ton out of it.  And, the troop started going to summer camp at the same time as our troop now, so its like a little summer reunion for them, they are just friends now....its VERY focking cool

That is just fantastic, man! :thumbsup:

13 hours ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

Kids Dont Know Michael Jackson

Haven't you been keeping up with the news, it's probably a good thing they don't know him, it didn't turn out to well for a lot of the ones who did. :shocking:

2 hours ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

👍

I say a lot of vulgar, inconsiderate, self centered, derogatory, and mean stuff, but helping kids is awesome. :thumbsup:

16 hours ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

So I took some Boy Scouts

I stopped here.

Perv 👎

2 hours ago, edjr said:

I stopped here.

Perv 👎

Hey, just because "rubbing two sticks together" meant something different to you and your scout master doesn't mean you should impugn the entire scouting system.   

Has anyone asked who raped more children?

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

Hey, just because your "rubbing two sticks together" meant something different to you and your scout master doesn't mean you should impugn the entire scouting system.   

:lol:

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

Has anyone asked who raped more children?

Whacko Jacko or GFIAFP?