Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Chernobyl tomorrow on HBO

1st episode

Looks intriguing

Someone here mentioned it a while back

Boring as hell so far. :sleep:

I wanted to watch, but being a Boston sports fan these playoff things keep getting in the way. :(

It's a little slow but when you pay attention to the culture of management there, no one wanted to speak up and challenge how bad it was.

Watched it last night....

I liked the way they started it.   I liked it that they did not start with the actions in the control room, but instead gave us a view from the distance....eventually I am sure we will get that view.

Not sure how they arrived at some of the interactions with the control room people, and the ensuing communications, but frankly it seemed to me to be more likely than other representations I have seen.

Many of the representations line up well with the key facts and actions that have been documented in the past, I liked that too.

The scene with the bureaucrat screaming in the face of the dude they just made go look into the core would make a great Southwest "Wanna Get Away?" commercial. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DonS said:

The scene with the bureaucrat screaming in the face of the dude they just made go look into the core would make a great Southwest "Wanna Get Away?" commercial. 

:overhead:

Finally got a break from playoffs and saw it last night. 

Very good, looking forward to the next episode.  Be great if HBO would do the Netflix thing and release the entire series at once. 

So we are 3 episodes in. I'm trying to stick with it but it awfully slow. You guys still watching?

4 minutes ago, JohnD. said:

So we are 3 episodes in. I'm trying to stick with it but it awfully slow. You guys still watching?

I am. Definitely isn't an action packed thrill ride but I'm still enjoying it.  The radiation burn makeup was focking crazy.  The firefighter dude looked like a pile of goo near the end. 

3 minutes ago, DonS said:

I am. Definitely isn't an action packed thrill ride but I'm still enjoying it.  The radiation burn makeup was focking crazy.  The firefighter dude looked like a pile of goo near the end. 

Agree.

It's good acting and horrific to think how close they came to killing millions of people.

26 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Agree.

It's good acting and horrific to think how close they came to killing millions of people.

The decisions made by Party members that you're not allowed to question are mind boggling as well.  "Let's make a perimeter of 30km.  I haven't a clue but that's the final decision."

7 minutes ago, DonS said:

The decisions made by Party members that you're not allowed to question are mind boggling as well.  "Let's make a perimeter of 30km.  I haven't a clue but that's the final decision."

initially all of them were denying the graphite from the core was laying around. 

And being tailed by the KGB, regardless of who you are.

Too bad they didn't have the Soviet Bikini Team work a shift digging the tunnel. 

I love zombie shows.

1 hour ago, DonS said:

Too bad they didn't have the Soviet Bikini Team work a shift digging the tunnel. 

😁

1 hour ago, DonS said:

Big Dig?

Man that would suck working in a motor pool one day and then sent out to kill pets the next.  Those guys driving the sprayer trucks and bulldozers scored the cushiest clean up jobs. 

Naked coal miners? Was that just a bit they did or did it really happen? Jeez. 

Last episode was one of the better episodes so far. Man they had no fear of just throwing men at thing

Great show. What's the historical accuracy on the follow-up to the explosion? Maybe the timeline only?