Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Anyone got FF drafts this coming week?

30 minutes ago, Lil' Webtoed Porkbutt said:

Ours is the Tuesday after the last preseason game. I guess nothing much will change after the 3rd preseason game, but this year you have 2 main running backs holding out. And every season you have the when will Luck be ready to play drama. And we need to see if Antonio Brown likes his locker or whatever he finds to whine about. 

My big draft (that I do not partake in anymore) always drafted Wednesday after last preseason game

19 hours ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Drafting from the 9 slot on Sunday and the 2 next Tuesday.

I drafted from the 9 slot in IBL (PPR), got Julio at 1.09 and Kelce at 2.04.  I don't usually grab TE that early but you can make an argument that Kelce is the most valuable asset in FF from a VBD perspective.  Otherwise I hate my draft so far which means I'll probably win the title.  :lol:

35 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I drafted from the 9 slot in IBL (PPR), got Julio at 1.09 and Kelce at 2.04.  I don't usually grab TE that early but you can make an argument that Kelce is the most valuable asset in FF from a VBD perspective.  Otherwise I hate my draft so far which means I'll probably win the title.  :lol:

Sadly I have the 9 in a league that is non-PPR with TDs worth 10 and 7.5 pts. I probably will face a decision of reaching for Chubb or taking the best WR left and hoping Gurley is there at 16.

Has anyone ever tried the no running back strategy? If so, how did your team do? 

I'm thinking that if I don't get one of the big 4 RBs of going WR for the first 2 rounds and shooting for people like Mack, Jacobs, Jones. 

Just now, Lil' Webtoed Porkbutt said:

Has anyone ever tried the no running back strategy? If so, how did your team do? 

I'm thinking that if I don't get one of the big 4 RBs of going WR for the first 2 rounds and shooting for people like Mack, Jacobs, Jones. 

Did it about 10 years ago. Won the championship. But it's a lot more difficult to do now. Getting three premium wideouts is impossible, and getting two is difficult. Drafts have changed from when everyone went heavy RB's the first two-three rounds. People arent shy about taking a top WR in the middle of the first.  All strategy has been exhausted as far as I'm concerned. It's BPA the whole draft now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Did it about 10 years ago. Won the championship. But it's a lot more difficult to do now. Getting three premium wideouts is impossible, and getting two is difficult. Drafts have changed from when everyone went heavy RB's the first two-three rounds. People arent shy about taking a top WR in the middle of the first.  All strategy has been exhausted as far as I'm concerned. It's BPA the whole draft now. 

Good to know. I've always been a RB early and often guy. I won the championship 3 years ago, but haven't seen the playoffs since so I'm looking at changing my drafting strategy. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

3 minutes ago, Lil' Webtoed Porkbutt said:

Good to know. I've always been a RB early and often guy. I won the championship 3 years ago, but haven't seen the playoffs since so I'm looking at changing my drafting strategy. 

for a little while wrs became the bell cows in ppr

1 minute ago, Lil' Webtoed Porkbutt said:

Don't forget that so many NFL offenses spread the ball around a lot more than they used to. Every team has a pass catching RB now. The days of the Top WR's getting 10-15 looks a game are rare now. 

38 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Sadly I have the 9 in a league that is non-PPR with TDs worth 10 and 7.5 pts. I probably will face a decision of reaching for Chubb or taking the best WR left and hoping Gurley is there at 16.

Latavius Murray is a good call in that format at 3.09, if you think he'll be there.  Hard to imagine Gurley will be there at 16 but yeah, I'd grab him if he is.

4 minutes ago, Lil' Webtoed Porkbutt said:

Totally agree with HT above,as for the question at hand I had the 12th pick in '00 and went Randy Moss,Torry Holt back to back,I couldn't even begin to tell you the rest of my team but those  2 more than helped win the championship in a non ppr league.

Moss 1437yds 15 td's

Holt 1635 yds 6 tds

1 minute ago, Bier Meister said:

for a little while wrs became the bell cows in ppr

Yup. But adjustments were made in the real game, like they always are. I can't see applying any strategy besides BPA at this point. Except waiting on QB's, which has always been around.  

Out playin golf at the country club where we do our draft at. Man I forgot how sh1tty this place is. When you drive the golf cart you’re gonna be bouncing more than a dam basketball. 

• Like 1