Sign in to follow this  
DonS

Probably putting our dog down today

Sorry to hear man,reading this thread I went from :( to :banana:then :(:( can't imagine the emotional roller coaster you've been on.Take care.

• Thanks 1

I put my down every day, "look at you, you ungrateful little sh!t!....I feed your stupid arse and you sh!t up the yard....waste of fur..."  🙅‍♂️

• Thanks 1

Damn, Don.  Very sorry to hear that.  It's always hard but this one sounds like it was particularly hard.

• Thanks 1

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Lil' Webtoed Porkbutt said:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Thanks for making me cry on the bus you azzhole. :cry:

Thanks man.  And thanks to everyone else who offered their sympathies.  The GC is still full of complete and utter d1cks, but we can all come together when it really matters. (Oh, and b1tches too for Peenie and OM - - don't want to be sexist.)

Just had lunch with my daughter at a local microbrewery.  As fate would have it they had an excellent milk stout to go with my memories of our perfect black lab/whippet mix, Dunkel.  Even more appropriate was the "In Absentia" IPA. Only had a brief moment of mutual bawling in public when discussing where to spread her ashes, but we otherwise just talked about the good times. 

Time to hug our other dog extra tight. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DonS said:

Thanks for making me cry on the bus you azzhole. :cry:

Out of a somber moment comes one of the funniest lines ever at the GC

Very Sorry.  I lost the best Dog i ever had two years ago and it is still tough.  The better they were the harder it is. 

• Thanks 1

Tangental, but I visited this place in Utah last summer....it was pretty friggin amazing, worth a trip.....  👍