Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Who are you starting Darwin Thompson over ?

McCoy isnt in good shape, it could be the Thompson show. 

Its against a tough D, and McCoy is there but... I might start him over Mixon in a equally tough matchup.

Over thinking ?

53 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

If you're starting Darwin Thompson at all, your season is already over.

I am way ahead of everyone in my big money league, I have Cook, Montgomery and Mixon as my top 3 RB's... I wont bore you with the rest of my awesome team. I think Mixon will be fine going forward, I just want to see it. Darwin on the other hand is super explosive, and was thought to take the lead job over at some point.. till they got Shady. Shady will be limited and will give Darwin a lot of carries. You dont think an explosive young RB with good hands, cant do well in a Chiefs Offense ????  I haven't heard anything you have said, that makes any sense on this site 

Just now, snatchit said:

I am way ahead of everyone in my big money league, I have Cook, Montgomery and Mixon as my top 3 RB's... I wont bore you with the rest of my awesome team. I think Mixon will be fine going forward, I just want to see it. Darwin on the other hand is super explosive, and was thought to take the lead job over at some point.. till they got Shady. Shady will be limited and will give Darwin a lot of carries. You dont think an explosive young RB with good hands, cant do well in a Chiefs Offense ????  I haven't heard anything you have said, that makes any sense on this site 

I am talking about a flex spot...ppr

He is a bench stash that could be a league winner. I am just liking his opportunity with weekend, with their 2 top backs hurt

43 minutes ago, snatchit said:

I am way ahead of everyone in my big money league, I have Cook, Montgomery and Mixon as my top 3 RB's...

That will change after Week 4, which is when Cook traditionally goes out for the season.

43 minutes ago, snatchit said:

Shady will be limited and will give Darwin a lot of carries.

Who says he will be limited--Darwin owners?  He was not limited in practice on Friday, with two days to go until game day.

Darrell Williams will probably be the one picking up more carries with Damien Williams ruled out, though Darwin could see some action in the passing game.  I guess that's ok for your situation--needing a PPR flier--but I wouldn't expect much.

Williams is out, McCoy is very questionable, I would start him over Mixon. 

Good luck. 

Ps he’s already done something, he’s stayed healthy. 

2 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Williams is out, McCoy is very questionable...

LOL  I guess I missed the "very questionable" designation on the injury report.

What makes a guy who practiced in full on Friday "very" questionable for Sunday?

You Darwin owners and your eternally-springing hope...

Darwin-truther here.....but also haven't read a single word from a single report that indicates Shady will be limited in any way. If he were, I would insert Darwin in a heartbeat. However, if Shady is healthy, I could see Reid running his wheels off Sunday.

I just noticed Thompson was avail on my wire and picked him up as a dart throw. I mean, before the McCoy signing we all thought there was a decent chance Thompson would “pipp” Williams at some point this season, right?.. Well, Williams is now hurt...  It’s not impossible to think Thompson will split carries say 40/60 with McCoy this week. What if Thompson shows impressively vs a tough BAL D?   Is it impossible to think he’ll take over the Williams role in the KC backfield?  I don’t think so. Plus Williams has a “contusion” in his knee.  I remember D. Freeman had a “contusion” in his knee last year and was only supposed to miss 2 games. Having owned him I remember how that worked out......

Won’t be a lot of tread on those old tires. 

Start Thompson over Mixon OP. 

Good luck, thanks for the post. 

And thank you for the reply, appreciate them, always. 

1 hour ago, RedzoneMonster said:

It’s not impossible to think Thompson will split carries say 40/60 with McCoy this week...

Is it impossible to think he’ll take over the Williams role in the KC backfield?  I don’t think so. 

It's not impossible to think those things; it's just impossible for them to happen.

1 hour ago, RedzoneMonster said:

Plus Williams has a “contusion” in his knee.  I remember D. Freeman had a “contusion” in his knee last year and was only supposed to miss 2 games. Having owned him I remember how that worked out......

Yeah, he ended up missing 3 games instead.

Then when he returned against Pittsburgh in Week 5, he injured his foot and his groin, and was subsequently placed on IR after Week 6.

25 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

It's not impossible to think those things; it's just impossible for them to happen.

Remember when FFToday forums used to be fun and informative?  Pepperidge Farms remembers....

Go away newbie.   

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RedzoneMonster said:

I just noticed Thompson was avail on my wire and picked him up as a dart throw. I mean, before the McCoy signing we all thought there was a decent chance Thompson would “pipp” Williams at some point this season, right?.. Well, Williams is now hurt...  It’s not impossible to think Thompson will split carries say 40/60 with McCoy this week. What if Thompson shows impressively vs a tough BAL D?   Is it impossible to think he’ll take over the Williams role in the KC backfield?  I don’t think so. Plus Williams has a “contusion” in his knee.  I remember D. Freeman had a “contusion” in his knee last year and was only supposed to miss 2 games. Having owned him I remember how that worked out......

He wont take over anyone’s role, but he’s the healthiest of the three Rbs. 

Playing for that KC team, he will produce this weekend, and he’s worthy of a start over Mixon, atleast I think so. 

We all know ff is 100% luck, so let’s see what happens. 

Hey thank you for your post on this issue, it’s always a pleasure to read your post. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, snatchit said:

Who are you starting Darwin Thompson over ?

Troy Hambrick and Natrone Means.....and even maybe T.J. Duckett and Moe Williams, although they have been getting all the goal line carries lately.

• Thanks 1

Hope so. 

AxeElf is the guy that tried to tear apart my post about Deebo Samuals and Montgomerys upside , before the season started.. He was clearly wrong on both of those guys too. 

3 minutes ago, snatchit said:

AxeElf is the guy that tried to tear apart my post about Deebo Samuals and Montgomerys upside , before the season started.. He was clearly wrong on both of those guys too. 

I have no dog in this fight but its only been 2 weeks (+1 game), so jumping to conclusions is foolhardy. that being said in .5ppr Montgomery is currently RB 30, and Deebo is currently WR 36, so even your conclusions don't really have merit at this juncture. 

I was talking before the season that their arrow was pointing up, AxeElf tried to poo poo on all of that. I know its only been 2 games, but their arrow is completely pointing up. Its laughable that you truly like 29 running backs over Montgomery,  starting last game he has become the bellcow and catching passes.  I am quite sure after this week, you might know what I am talking about on all of them. Weepaws is right, Darwin is only good at this point because of injuries, but if he shows well, he has an outside chance of taking over.

I didn't include my personal opinion of either of them. I never said or even suggested I like 29 rb's over Montgomery. I just reported the statistics, that say through 2 weeks he is RB 30 in half ppr. It is what it is. Axe Elf can be annoying, of that there is no doubt...

1 minute ago, jrokh said:

I didn't include my personal opinion of either of them. I never said or even suggested I like 29 rb's over Montgomery. I just reported the statistics, that say through 2 weeks he is RB 30 in half ppr. It is what it is. Axe Elf can be annoying, of that their is no doubt...

You just stated where they are ranked, which means nothing. At this point, with the crappy play of the RB's, Montgomery is a #1 RB. Deebo so far is the only WR to own in SF. KC produces monster RB's, there is a path for Darwin to have a chance.... I have no idea how anyone could argue with these facts

3 minutes ago, snatchit said:

You just stated where they are ranked, which means nothing. At this point, with the crappy play of the RB's, Montgomery is a #1 RB. Deebo so far is the only WR to own in SF. KC produces monster RB's, there is a path for Darwin to have a chance.... I have no idea how anyone could argue with these facts

I just stated where they are ranked correct, but you claimed that it was laughable that I like 29 RB's over Montgomery which makes no sense. Its all opinions and that's part of the fun, but to suggest that no one can argue that Montgomery is a #1 RB, meaning top 12 is preposterous, and belittles your whole argument, which on its face is reasonable enough. Stay off the hyperbole...  

Anyone that starts out saying, they have no dog in this fight, but now I will get involved, is the same kind of fool that slows down on the freeway to look at the accident and slows everything up. 

Anyone who preaches religion on a fantasy football chat board, and then gives non-stop fantasy advice for games he doesn't watch, and by his own ceaseless proclamations that its all luck, is the biggest fool of all...  

There you go again oh foolish one, slowing down on that freeway just to take a peak at that accident. 

Please just keep moving on, And keep your dog out of where it doesn’t belong.  

Thank appreciate the reply.  

And I agree with your reply. I’m all that and a bag of chips  and yes ff it 100% luck  and I Im glad to me known as someone that indeed preaches, but I don’t preach religion, I preach about Jesus , and I don’t watch any games, and I haven’t even watched much highlites I can’t stay awake, the game is so darn boring.  

Now for someone like you, that watches all the games and then comes on a ff post and gives no advice and then self proclaimed to stick his nose where it doesn’t belong is a fool. 

Is this yet the latest example of both your rampant hypocrisy and ignoring your savior's message of turn the other cheek? Thanks as well for the reply, always a pleasure...

I know it is. 

I have been on this site for years, so has weepaws. I have been in a hometown big money league since 1993. I have won a lot of money over the years, and on DFS as well.  I basically just share what I think is coming with these player prospects. Usually based on my research I am right on these players, not always. There are some on this site that just like to argue, for the sake of arguing. They probably do that with everything in life, with no facts to back up their points... these people are super annoying. Anyways, we will know more about what I am talking about after this weekend. If Darwin is available on your waivers, and you dont see the need to stash him, just in case.. you are a fool. IMO 

• Like 1

I've been on this site almost a decade longer than you Junior, but I agree with you about Darwin, if he was available I would stash him, as would most on this bored... You said you were going to play him, which is a different argument altogether. Good luck

10 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I've been on this site almost a decade longer than you Junior, but I agree with you about Darwin, if he was available I would stash him, as would most on this bored... You said you were going to play him, which is a different argument altogether. Good luck

I used to be on the site under a different name, I have been on for a long time. About 10 years or so ago, Mike had me post the weekly waivers thread every Tuesday. None of that matters, yes I was talking about starting Darwin, which should be considered. McCoy has a bum ankle 

13 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Remember when FFToday forums used to be fun and informative?  Pepperidge Farms remembers....

Go away newbie.   

13 hours ago, RedzoneMonster said:

Go away newbie.   

This dude is nothing but a menace.  Watch, he’ll reply to you in third person.

34 minutes ago, snatchit said:

I have been on this site for years, so has weepaws. I have been in a hometown big money league since 1993. I have won a lot of money over the years, and on DFS as well.  I basically just share what I think is coming with these player prospects. Usually based on my research I am right on these players, not always. There are some on this site that just like to argue, for the sake of arguing. They probably do that with everything in life, with no facts to back up their points... these people are super annoying. Anyways, we will know more about what I am talking about after this weekend. If Darwin is available on your waivers, and you dont see the need to stash him, just in case.. you are a fool. IMO 

Great post, agreed. 

I wouldn’t start Darwin this week unless I was thin at RB,  but there is simply no excuse for him to be on waivers.  Every league has owners with near useless guys on their bench. Why not roll the dice on a guy that even has a small chance to be a factor in the best offense in the nfl?  This is How championships are won.  

15 hours ago, weepaws said:

Williams is out, McCoy is very questionable, I would start him over Mixon. 

Good luck. 

Ps he’s already done something, he’s stayed healthy. 

Why did you post this? There's no truth to it. You should be more responsible. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Anyone that starts out saying, they have no dog in this fight, but now I will get involved, is the same kind of fool that slows down on the freeway to look at the accident and slows everything up. 

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Anyone who preaches religion on a fantasy football chat board, and then gives non-stop fantasy advice for games he doesn't watch, and by his own ceaseless proclamations that its all luck, is the biggest fool of all...  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

There you go again oh foolish one, slowing down on that freeway just to take a peak at that accident. 

Please just keep moving on, And keep your dog out of where it doesn’t belong.  

Thank appreciate the reply.  

And I agree with your reply. I’m all that and a bag of chips  and yes ff it 100% luck  and I Im glad to me known as someone that indeed preaches, but I don’t preach religion, I preach about Jesus , and I don’t watch any games, and I haven’t even watched much highlites I can’t stay awake, the game is so darn boring.  

Now for someone like you, that watches all the games and then comes on a ff post and gives no advice and then self proclaimed to stick his nose where it doesn’t belong is a fool. 

37 minutes ago, snatchit said:

2 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Great post, agreed. 

"whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of the hell of fire." ~Matthew 5:22

:dunno:

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why did you post this? There's no truth to it. You should be more responsible. Thanks. 

McCoy has been listed questionable all week long, and from what I’ve been told and seen, he could be limited. 

So it’s very true that right now Thompson is the only healthy rb of the three. 

Lets see what happens. 

Hey thank for the return post.