Sign in to follow this  
FFer

Value of Daniel Jones?

Who are you dropping to get him?  Is he better than Kyler?  Was thinking of dropping Kyler for Jones.  

I wouldn't go THAT far, but if you're currently sporting a non-top-10 QB and you have someone you can drop relatively painlessly, he seems like someone to take a shot on.

1 hour ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

I’m looking to pick him up as backup to Goff. But I have to drop nothing of value to get him

in that scenario, you have nothing to lose.   go get him.

He's a lottery ticket. Don't assume anything -- odds are he won't be a consistent fantasy producer, since rookie QBs rarely are. But he definitely has upside.

I think he's a good, young QB that helps the Giants win more games this year. 

For fantasy??  Above Cousins below Goff -- maybe on par.

30 minutes ago, Jedi Sensei said:

For fantasy??  Above Cousins below Goff -- maybe on par.

That's kind of a narrow window, with Goff at QB20 and Cousins at QB24.

His value is already higher then the Qb that mocked the Gmen for drafting him. 

That would be Mayfield. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FFer said:

Who are you dropping to get him?  Is he better than Kyler?  Was thinking of dropping Kyler for Jones.  

I'm dropping Garoppolo for him.  Not a big stretch, Garoppolo is on a bye.  Is he better than Kyler, who knows, Daniel's ran one game? They run two different offenses. I think if they switched offenses, neither would be good. But after one week, who the heck knows. It's all about taking a chance at this point. 

You have an idea of 3 games with Kyler and one with Jones.  Flip your coin. 

Same with with Jones vs Allen atm.  Both of them have made their TE and WR look better after one game

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

His value is already higher then the Qb that mocked the Gmen for drafting him. 

That would be Mayfield. 

Perceived value? Or he is actually better? I will say that Jones may out score Mayfield this year due to schedule and Kitchens having the offense out of sorts. Long term though, if anyone wants to bet on Jones over Mayfield, you will lose that bet.

He went for 18%, 13% and 12% in my leagues. I got him with the 12% in league where I have Goff, I was the only bid though. 

Terrible defense and always playing catch-up, garbage time stats!  Decent/good skill position guys.  Just grabbed him, dropped the artist formally known as Darwin Thompson.  Rodgers gets one more week to prove he isn't complete trash, then it's the DJ show for my squad.

I drafted him in the second round of my Dynasty Rookie Drafts and promptly put him on my Taxi Squad.  Now I can't use him until next season.  In one of them, I could seriously use him as a QB. 

As for the competition between he and Mayfield:  I wouldn't discount Jones as being the better long term QB.  His pedigree is pretty awesome.  He didn't have the WR's, line or Head Coach that Baker did, which hurt his numbers in college.  He doesn't throw as hard as Mayfield and he's certainly not as cocky.  All that said, his scouting report states he does something Baker has NEVER done, he will go through his reads.  He will look over the defense and look off his primary target.  Baker, while a great young QB, still locks onto his primary target and will stare them down.  I think that is as much of his issue as his Head Coach.  Hopefully both are great as the NFL is much more fun with great QB's and qb rivalries. 

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Baker, while a great young QB, still locks onto his primary target and will stare them down.  I think that is as much of his issue as his Head Coach.  Hopefully both are great as the NFL is much more fun with great QB's and qb rivalries. 

yeah, this is a problem.

another Cleveland QB who did this:  Couch.   Remember him?   after about a year, defenses had him figured out and his career went nowhere.

24 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

yeah, this is a problem.

another Cleveland QB who did this:  Couch.   Remember him?   after about a year, defenses had him figured out and his career went nowhere.

I was a fan of Tim Couch.  He did have the same issue.  Very similar issues otherwise too.  Both had bad offensive lines and Couch became gun-shy.  He looked great until their was some tape on him, then he struggled mightily, especially once teams realized he would lock onto one player.  Double cover that guy and blitz.  His career was over before it got started. 

I'd argue that Baker has a bit more talent (and running ability) but yeah, my concern is the same issue.  you can draw a lot of similarities between the two situations.