Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Gavin Newsom (CA. Gov) says NO SCHOOL BEFORE 8 am

https://abc7.com/education/ca-first-state-to-mandate-later-school-start-times/5616643/

California became the first state in the nation to mandate later start times at most public schools.

Gov. Gavin Newsom signed the legislation into law Sunday.

The new law prohibits middle schools from starting before 8 a.m. and high schools from starting before 8:30 a.m.

It's based on studies that show teens are healthier and perform better when school starts later.

According to medical experts, when school starts later, children are healthier and perform better.

Research shows that teenagers need eight to 10 hours of sleep per night to be healthy.

Districts will have three years to shift their start times.

The next generation of pampered pukes gets worse. Not only do they all get a trophy, are never told no, can't have their feeling hurt. Now they don't have to wake up till 8 am.  Who gives a sh1t if parents have to be to work after dropping them off.

This is happening everywhere...  Already done in my children's school district...

I love this line:

"Research shows that teenagers need eight to 10 hours of sleep per night to be healthy."

They will just go to bed later and still not get the sleep that they need...

2 minutes ago, posty said:

This is happening everywhere...  Already done in my children's school district...

I love this line:

"Research shows that teenagers need eight to 10 hours of sleep per night to be healthy."

This is correct.

38 minutes ago, posty said:

You don't think bedtime legislation is coming?  Really?

I've heard that teens are programmed to stay up late and sleep late, perhaps from caveman days so that everyone wasn't sleeping at the same time. :dunno:

I don’t remember the exact time I had to be at school. But I did get 9 - 9 1/2 hours of sleep each day because my bed time was 10 on school nights (back in high school). 

I am in favor of this simply because it means I will not have to deal with focking school buses in the mornings. Nothing pisses me off more than having to wait for some little focker taking 5 minutes to climb up the bus steps and find his godddammn seat. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bostonlager said:

I am in favor of this simply because it means I will not have to deal with focking school buses in the mornings. Nothing pisses me off more than having to wait for some little focker taking 5 minutes to climb up the bus steps and find his godddammn seat. 

:thumbsup:

7 hours ago, bostonlager said:

They will declare that all work shifts also must begin at 8 AM.

8 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I've heard that teens are programmed to stay up late and sleep late, perhaps from caveman days so that everyone wasn't sleeping at the same time. :dunno: