Sign in to follow this  
adidas

UPDATE: Something is amiss in AZ - DJ Out Week 8 & 9

There is something amiss in AZ, I'm telling you. Things don't make sense to me. They are being way too sneaky and coy about DJ and it's obvious they like Chase. If you think Chase is merely a handcuff you would be very mistaken. Even if DJ is fine and he starts this week (week 8 ) it's my contention that from here moving forward, Chase will be playing a LOT more. Whether it is on the field with DJ and used as a pass catching option or as the number 2 in a 1, 2 punch, things are going to be different. They signed Morris AND another RB this week and they told the media it's primarily to take some burden off of Chases practice workload..........not buying it. Not buying it at all. If I had to speculate I would say maybe there is something very wrong with DJ.....maybe the back or the ankle are far worse than we have been lead to believe. I don't know. What I do know is Chase is going to be a hot commodity, regardless of what happens with DJ. 

2 minutes ago, adidas said:

There is something amiss in AZ, I'm telling you. Things don't make sense to me. They are being way too sneaky and coy about DJ and it's obvious they like Chase. If you think Chase is merely a handcuff you would be very mistaken. Even if DJ is fine and he starts this week (week 8 ) it's my contention that from here moving forward, Chase will be playing a LOT more. Whether it is on the field with DJ and used as a pass catching option or as the number 2 in a 1, 2 punch, things are going to be different. They signed Morris AND another RB this week and they told the media it's primarily to take some burden off of Chases practice workload..........not buying it. Not buying it at all. If I had to speculate I would say maybe there is something very wrong with DJ.....maybe the back or the ankle are far worse than we have been lead to believe. I don't know. What I do know is Chase is going to be a hot commodity, regardless of what happens with DJ. 

whenever a signing occurs, it is generally concerning because what made the team want to bring a free agent (who has not played all year) and put them on the active roster.

if they have not released a RB to make room for said player, I have to believe they feel the issue is concerning enough that they require extra 'insurance'

1 hour ago, adidas said:

I belive that Morris is depth and nothing more, and Zenner, even deeper depth. 

D j is not playing, Edmonds is the next one up, do it think Edmonds as indeed earn more playing once D J returns, yes I do, well that indeed happen once D J returns, we don’t know. 

So I don’t see any hidden treasure, I see a rb1 being hurt and unable to play. 

Night. 

I tend to think something is wrong with him that may be an issue the remainder of the year.  All teams are looking to save money, especially at RB.  Would AZ consider trading DJ in the offseason, or moving on from him?  I don't know enough about what they think of him, but I know he makes a decent amount that could be used to help the team elsewhere. 

7 hours ago, weepaws said:

D j is not playing, Edmonds is the next one up, do it think Edmonds as indeed earn more playing once D J returns, yes I do, well that indeed happen once D J returns, we don’t know. 

Night. 

I agree with this. Needing deeper depth is why I think DJ is out longer term. 

I don’t think there is any hidden treasure. I see Edmonds as the guy for a while and maybe the rest of the season. 

It could be that there is something they are concerned with long term, but II honestly think they wanted to/would like to sit DJ for a week or two to get him healthy, not necessarily anything for an extended time.

But then they looked around and said 'damn, but we pretty much only have Edmonds'.  So that's why the signings.  Would expect them to indeed sit DJ to ideally return healthy in a few weeks.

Ah the joys of FF.

2 hours ago, skinsrule05 said:

I agree with this. Needing deeper depth is why I think DJ is out longer term. 

Not saying you're wrong, but I keep reminding people that they lost Foster and literally only dressed one healthy RB last week. So even if DJ's injury is short-term, they were going to have to sign guys off the street.

59 minutes ago, zftcg said:

Not saying you're wrong, but I keep reminding people that they lost Foster and literally only dressed one healthy RB last week. So even if DJ's injury is short-term, they were going to have to sign guys off the street.

I agree with this for them getting one guy.  When they got two it worried me.  Especially when they were saying both DJs had a shot to be back for this Sunday.

6 minutes ago, skinsrule05 said:

Especially when they were saying both DJs had a shot to be back for this Sunday.

Maybe the injury to Foster is more serious than they are letting on...

41 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Maybe the injury to Foster is more serious than they are letting on...

but it's much more exciting and the better conspiracy theory when it's Johnson

but you're right.  it could be either one of them that has a worse injury than originally let on that necessitated the signing of 2 additional backs

1 hour ago, skinsrule05 said:

I agree with this for them getting one guy.  When they got two it worried me.  Especially when they were saying both DJs had a shot to be back for this Sunday.

Signing two backs is definitely a sign that Johnson and/or Foster may not play this week. I was just pushing back against the notion that it tells us a lot about Johnson's long term prognosis. As I mentioned in another thread, Zenner himself is coming off a one-week stint with the Saints as a result of Kamara's injury.

11 hours ago, weepaws said:

Night. 

Exactly, they basically had one RB last week. This is nothing new really with the Cards. I'm waiting for them to sign CJ2K again, lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

Exactly, they basically had one RB last week. This is nothing new really with the Cards. I'm waiting for them to sign CJ2K again, lol

You mean CJ2YPC?

24 minutes ago, zftcg said:

You mean CJ2YPC?

Lol, I think by now it's CJ.2YPC

10 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

:pointstosky:

(although Saints is a terrible match up, and SF even worse on Thursday....guess we'll get to see what this kid really has)

Given this news what do you guys think is Chase’s trade value in redraft?  He has a couple hard matchups and I would think DJ will be back at some point (maybe not from the rumors swirling). 

2 hours ago, skinsrule05 said:

Given this news what do you guys think is Chase’s trade value in redraft?  He has a couple hard matchups and I would think DJ will be back at some point (maybe not from the rumors swirling). 

Probly an ertz, chark kind of guy.

3 hours ago, skinsrule05 said:

Not sure about the value — and as a DJ owner with limited RB options I can’t move him anyway — but in terms of timing now is probably the best time. He’s coming off his best game ever and is locked in as a starter for the next two weeks, but is facing tough matchups. You’ll definitely get a lot less for him in two weeks if he’s put up two straight clunkers and DJ is coming back

5 hours ago, skinsrule05 said:

Should be able to fetch most other backup RBs for him.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

Should be able to fetch most other backup RBs for him.

The DJ owner agreed verbally to A. Robinson. I’m just worried about giving up a league winner if any of these long term DJ rumors are true.